Upcoming Update of the Game Launcher

JackieKo

Sent in my bug report :)

Also having the "Error," above the downloading bar button, so seems to be a common issue (And henceforth likely to get a quick fix :D)

Cheers and happy bug hunting guys!

(Though not gonna lie was looking forwards to finishing up my dailies/weeklies tonight, threw out my back and was in pain all day at work)

I am having the same experience as several others in this thread. I first get a Downloading notification, then an Error notice. Restarting the launcher, restarting my computer, etc. do not solve the problem. I am effectively locked out of the game, which is too bad, as tonight was raid night.

Update: This morning, it downloaded two large data packets (one 35 GB and the other 10+ GB), but it launched just fine.

Edited by Malabud

I successfully updated the launcher but now it wants to download 35GB of update! The game was fine this morning.

After downloading the 35GB it gets to the last 5 mb and gives an Error. I tried a several times now and just keep getting the Error

Edited by Rooff
spelled words

Thank you so much! This is so much better on my old eyes. I'm running 4K resolution 50" screen and it's nice having larger letters and numbers. I see some are having issues so I'll inform you of my graphics card:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super (The way it's meant to be played!) Probably upgrade to a RTX 3080 Super soon.

Thank you again. I like the new launcher.

Hi! I received the update for the launcher today. After a brief installation period - a minute or two - everything worked perfectly. Both the launcher and game ran as smooth as ever, with some (slight) improvements regarding loading speed. I've relaunched the game a few times now to ensure it wasn't just by chance and nope, loading speed continued to be excellent! Aside from this, no issues have come from this update for me.

I currently use Windows 11 Home (64-bit), should it matter. If you require more specs, feel free to ask me (although I am by no means an expert).

Thank you for the opportunity and should I experience any issues, I will be sure to post them here!

Downloaded the update fine and with decent speed.

However on my first attempt to launch the game i get this.

----------------------------------------------

Error code: C1

Client initialization failed.

Failed to initilize player client.

----------------------------------------------

On a second launch it worked fine.

interesting, was going to ask if the picking is random, I had decided to log in the pref accounts first, no up dated launcher. Then I go to log in Sub . haven't changed account yet, noticed launcher taking longer. Suspected, I just got selected. I was.

took some time to update, probably normal amount for something like that. Not everyday I have to update launcher so I really couldn't compare that part. After launcher update, logged in, all seem same speed to load client, might had been a second or two faster, did feel like it didn't delay.

My connection is 3-6 MB

Will see what it's like , when I actually need to update client.

nothing to report yet, outside of it seems normal , but it is working for me

Edited by Achnaattwo

So, apparently I was 'chosen' to test the new launcher. I was never asked or consulted and there's no way to opt out of it. NOW I CAN'T LOG ON AT ALL. I'm a subscriber and am paying to play this game, not be an involuntary beta (alpha?) tester for your new launcher. Thanks so much for that. I rarely get very upset about anything game related, but this is truly infuriating.

Here's what happens when I try to launch the game: There's a message across the top which informs me that I'm using the new improved launcher. Heh. Good one. At the bottom after I type in my name and password, the message 'downloading' appears. Nothing actually downloads and there is never a progress bar and after 30 seconds or so the 'downloading' message changes to 'error'. I have tried it several times, including after a computer restart with identical results each time. EITHER FIX THIS OR ALLOW ME TO GO BACK TO THE OLD LAUNCHER!

• Like 1

Well I guess I'm not playing today, even though I have been a paying subscriber for 10 years. This really sucks. How did I get selected to be a test subject? This is thoroughly unacceptable. If I randomly selected customers to disrupt their service without telling them in my job, I would be fired. How was this random selection process approved by management?? You knew this was a test period and there could be problems. Hopefully this is an all-hands-on-deck situation for you and it will be fixed soon. When my job has customers out of service, no one leaves until service is restored or a root cause and fix have been identified. I hope you will act with the same level of professionalism. In the meantime I will send my logs to support as instructed.
  • Like 1

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We're going to pause the test run around 9:30am CT today to review all of the feedback we've received.

Thanks to everyone who's been submitting feedback and the log files. We're investigating everything and fixing those issues to push out a patch today that will get all of you in working order again. I'll be updating this thread with more info when I have it.

Thanks!

The download went fine but launching the game was muuuuuch slower than usual. Also, the pop up window that informs you about being a "test" player for the new launcher has a hyperlink on "if you want more information click here", which takes you to this thread where no specific info is given about what the differences are.

Thanks for working on improvements, but it's definitely not nice to be put on a test version without opt-in / opt-out choice, without any information to check about what the changes are and in my case making the experience worse, sadly.

Edited by StyxaT
The button was not broken, it was taking me to this tread (but the main coment is still valid)
  • Like 1

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

The team has made some configuration changes in an effort to fix the issue that some players are having with the error messages they are seeing when using the new launcher.

For the players who were impacted by this error message, we are asking you to please open the launcher and let us know if these changes fixed your issue. We’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for updates.

Thank you!

Nope, still not fixed. Launcher will still not run. So as a paid subscriber, will I receive credit for you choosing to kill my game without my knowledge or permission?

How do I fix this? Do I need to reinstall the game?? You need to revert all changes and publish a fix for your subscribers. How do you not understand this yet?

• Like 1

totally agree with the poster right above me in everything.

still not working. error message and cannot enter the game. so i pay for something i cannot play now without ever been asked if i wanna participate in this.

my launcher was working fine and now nothing and like always we probably will not be compensated for the lost days of not playing.

especially now with the event thats happening that i havent played so far and cannot gain reputaion there

this is not good

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

The team has made some configuration changes in an effort to fix the issue that some players are having with the error messages they are seeing when using the new launcher.

For the players who were impacted by this error message, we are asking you to please open the launcher and let us know if these changes fixed your issue. We’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for updates.

Thank you!

Yeah I'm a Steam user and the launcher is not working for me, either.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Game up and running for me

ok guys

will you give us anything or at least reply to post like mine or racknut or will you keep on posting vage statements like:

"we made some changes......." so what did you do exactly.

i want to know if there will be any compansation on your part that youu killed my game, that i cannot play although i am paying for this nonesense, without ever asking me to participate in this.

MY GAME STILL DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hello SWTOR community,

I have sent an email to swtor awaiting a response from them, but I decided to also post on here as well. I am having problems logging into the game. Whenever I type in my Display name and pass, it would bring me back to the same login screen before I can even type in my security key. Last night I was able to log on fine, so I'm wondering if there's a huge maintenance going on right now, or if it's just me? The message would say "The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service." I have tried to log in multiple times with the same message, and recently when the game patch would say 7.1. Sometimes it would say like 3.1 or 3.3 or something in the 3's range, but it's all random each time, just recently it said 7.1. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? I really don't want to lose all my data in game.

Thank you