WZ-1 Accelerants and item deconstruction

Cindron

I am often getting wz-1 accelerants when deconstructing gear. Have hundreds now. Thing is I do not pvp so they are useless. Is there an option that allows you to change what drops or we are all simply stuck with them until inventory says 999?

They come from Systech trash loot, which was added in 7.1. Basically, all trash mobs have a chance to drop this junk gear. They mostly replaced the bags of tech fragments (still occasionally drop) with Systech drops. When deconstructed they give tech fragments, conquest commendations, and for some reason, WZ-1s. Anyways, if you don't have a use for it, you are correct, just let it go to 999. Then you'll stop getting the annoying messages ("you are close to the cap").

Edit: Upon further thinking, maybe they did this to incentivize PvP? WZ-1s can be used to buy and upgrade gear on the fleet without setting foot in any PvP matches. If players get PvP gear for "free" over time, they might consider queueing up just to use this free gear they got. I know Bioware has been trying to get more players to try PvP over the years. This could be one of those things.

Edited by ThanderSnB

They come from Systech trash loot, which was added in 7.1. Basically, all trash mobs have a chance to drop this junk gear. They mostly replaced the bags of tech fragments (still occasionally drop) with Systech drops. When deconstructed they give tech fragments, conquest commendations, and for some reason, WZ-1s. Anyways, if you don't have a use for it, you are correct, just let it go to 999. Then you'll stop getting the annoying messages ("you are close to the cap").

Edit: Upon further thinking, maybe they did this to incentivize PvP? WZ-1s can be used to buy and upgrade gear on the fleet without setting foot in any PvP matches. If players get PvP gear for "free" over time, they might consider queueing up just to use this free gear they got. I know Bioware has been trying to get more players to try PvP over the years. This could be one of those things.

thank you for the information

More specifically its the Blue tier Systech items. I get about 100~ per week from doing dailies to get 999/999 matrixiesxes. Over time they build up to needing a nice trinket or some other piece you need or want to fill a hole. PvP gear is -end/+other stats gear.

A 328 pvp relic has +30ish power/-40ish end for example over a 330 green relic