What level do I need to be inoculated for Quesh

Achnaattwo

I manage to get the Class story up to Quesh, but I can't get pass the Inoculated by the Medical Officer part, It's grayed out. I'm guessing I need to be a certain level. Hope it's not the min Planet level, then all my effort's to stay within Planet level or lower is wasted.

Poor Kaal and Corrin needs me, this delay is going to get them killed :(

I do hate this part of Quesh, I keep choosing the wrong answers, and ending up having to click on the Abandon , on this Planet story., It's just boring

I think the minimum level is 32 or so. It certainly is higher than 30 (I ran across someone one time who was level 30 and couldn't get the mission).

You're advised to go away and level up substantially, to at least 35 or so, just to make your life easier once you get on the planet, where the enemies are at least level 34. Don't worry about Kaal and Corrin - that part of the class story operates on what I call "quest time",(1) so you can go away and do other stuff and then come back and it will be as if you had just gone there directly.

And you don't need to continue the planet mission once you get on the planet - just untrack it and leave it lying around until you finish the planet and then abandon it.

(1) There are different flavours of time in an MMORPG(3):

* Wall-clock time is time as measured by a clock on your real-world wall. It's used for subscriptions and certain long-duration buff objects.

* Connection time is time as measured by you being in-game on a specific character. Ability cooldowns, most buffs and debuffs, and a selection of other things, including a few missions in SWTOR(2), operate on connection time.

* Narrative time is the flow of time in the story, and it is notoriously fluid in its relationship with other measures of time.

* Quest time is similar to narrative time, but refers to a specific quest/mission, and usually results in the player arriving just in time to save someone, or just too late to save them, because the story of the quest is written like that.

(2) The one that sticks in my mind is the Rakghoul vaccine mission on Republic Taris, where you have 90 minutes of elapsed play-time to get infected by a rakghoul.

(3) This isn't the first time I've discussed this. See e.g. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959682&page=2

Thanks for the information.

I'll come back and confirm the Minimum Level one needs to be, to get Inoculated.

I'm not in game right now but I think Quesh Min planet level 36, and (I could be wrong, or probably wrong) one cannot start a mission till at least 4 levels before what The mission level is suppose to be, So 32 sounds about right, but I just turned 32, and it was still grayed out.

Why I had to ask

- - - -

I'm doing a personal Practical experiment, I'm not worried about being under level, and I was just Playing about Kaal and Corrin, ya know, Dramatic for no reason.

So the info about time was a nice touch to be added, Thank you

I jump to Hoth, just to unlock and get some Exploration done, gain a few levels that way. I was jumped by Trash mobs a couple times, and dispatched them with no problem. I'm sure Strong or Elite NPC's will be an different experience

update:

That level is 33

OK, that's useful to know. Thanks.

When I met the level 30 who couldn't get it, I think it was before 4.0, and definitely before 5.0, and in a discussion not long after on the forums, someone said that back then it was 32.

33 is the earliest one can get the inoculation, to go the planet surface

guess it's 3 levels not four for being under level

I suspect it's not a hard rule like that, but just the minimum level configured for each mission, so it could in theory be almost anything if they want it to be like that. Also, for some missions it *has* to be an explicit minimum level because they happen on places with no concept of a minimum player level. Let's take the "Buy a stronghold and go to it" mission from the holostatue on Fleet/capital world as an example. It requires a minimum level of exactly 15, and it's available on the Fleet where there's no minimum level (you can now get there at level 1 if you take the "choose a second combat style" mission as you get out of the beginner instance) or on the capital worlds where the effective minimum level (of enemies) is around 10. Conclusion: It has its minimum level set explicitly to 15.