increase planet levels, level sync is making it worse

Achnaattwo

Not comparing, but not sure how long you have been playing, you don't need to say, Just saying if you can't notice once 2 levels over you can no longer One hit trash mobs, and Strong and elite mobs are taking longer to battle. Just means you don't notice :p.

Maybe you never Unlock Legacy XP boost, I would imagine someone that never unlocks legacy XP boost, might not really notice

I'm only doing the Practical gaming experience, not the literal experience, you can't get the actual quality of experience from Just literal only, you need to see the Practical results as well.

By doing minimum content to stay withing Planet Level, the leveling is slower, the progression in Class Story missions is actually faster. Your not doing Heroics, PvP, OP's,FP, or Planetary Missions and Side missions, Oh and no Conversations with your Companions. No XP boost, including Legacy, don't join a guild to gain XP boost. One can be at level and later under planet level.

Heck I'm doing that and on Hoth class Story , and I'm 34 (Hoth is a 37-41). I can't one hit the Trash mobs any more, and the strong and elite mobs take a little longer. Ah just remembered , I'm done with Hoth, just haven't left yet, my level is 35 now, close to 36, lets just say 36.

Now normally I'm 50 something on Hoth, because I did heroics, PvP, Some side missions, and have all the XP boost unlocked, and the XP boost you get when you finish Story missions you had on the Planets you completed, or use the one you get for completing Conquest, But this was before 7.0

I'd say that's a Noticeable difference, because I'd say even after 7.0 (Level Sync) I'm 10-20 levels over by Alderaan

You can leave level sync as is, just increase Max Planet levels, So those still growing won't be affected by Level Sync

A Player can still do their extra content, and not be in level Sync. I just feel that would be a better possibly simpler fix then tying to fix Level sync to not affect the lower level characters

Played since beta (and no mob is as stink as they were back when swtor first launched) BUT AS I POINTED OUT, I MOSTLY SOLO, so it may be the type of game play I like that means nothing is different FOR ME. I'm still one hitting trash mobs and strong/gold elites don't seem to be taking any longer to me. But I do tend to gear up my main and alts quickly, so maybe that's the difference? If anything, I'd say many are dying quicker for me especially on my lightning main (which may be why lightning is getting nerfed come to think of it).

The only thing I have noticed is my survivability is terrible now on my casters; I can't run around with my companions on damage like I used to before 7.0.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspected you were going to say that, you only read " how long you have been playing " , and then to say Nothing has changed since launch, explains even more about an article of faith you have towards the changes.

Hindsight I needed Data before 7.0 recorded, to support the changes affect on lower levels with Level Sync, But I just play the game, not keeping track (copy) of every detail how the Game play has been.

Just playing the game, and noticing the difference is enough for me to say something . Having to change game play is not a problem, but having to, is a noticeable factor to say something, specially when it changes the quality of game play.

Ignoring the game changes and saying nothing has changed, is just being pretensions

I have been glancing at the who is here thingy, and noticed I'm not the only under level playing, (Quesh + Planets) I am the lowest (my faction) but most just 1, it was only Quesh it was by 2, Just trivial info

Belsavis prove I need to be more then 5 levels below, since it gave me the same effect as being at least 3 levels over. Plus I can gear up, then go back to Belsavis, and play without having to spend longer time in fights.

So I did some PvP, and also went back to ship and did some Conversations with companions.

Now I'm geared up, I logged out at that point.

If I didn't have to still finish the class story, I wouldn't be doing this.

The finding one of maybe many ways to deal with level sync, as a new character

TL:DR at the bottom

= = = = = = = = == = = = = =

after running new characters, seeing for myself, that it is very possible never to be in level Sync

just a practical experience , didn't take down any of the numbers.

Just Class story, and Intro to WZ and GSF, and tried to avoided completing any Bonus, crafted my own gear, to keep them the same IR

2 characters did side by side, Sub & Pref, Same class and combat style but different Sex, republic, and just using Legacy XP buffs.

They were always in level sync, but not too bad, noticeable but not like as if you were 10+ levels over, till I reached Tatooine, in other words you're not gimped, just slower at killing mobs, never in level sync after Tatooine, if was, It happened on last mission completion

3rd character, just had the PvP Legacy XP buffs (WZ & GSF). Same thing, Just Class story.

Was only Level sync on Korriban, Did intro to WZ and GSF, and before Nar Shaddaa , 2 loses 1 win WZ, and 2 Wins GSF, Those wins did put me in Level Sync on Nar Shaddaa, but not bad, had to stop doing PvP, seeing it was putting me in Level Sync. Tatooine seemed Short, going into Alderaan Under level same for Taris, entered under level and actually left to go to Quesh very under level.

So it was PvP here I come. in Short, I was 5 levels under to enter Quesh, needed at least 2 more levels

Seeing a pattern , I did a 4th. Sticking with the Class story only, Avoiding any Bonus mission that came up doing Class missions. really not as far along as the first 3, just started this one last night

Since now I have a better Idea, No Legacy XP Buffs, till later. I did do the Intro's to WZ and GSF, but I stopped there till later.Oh and no Guild, like the other 3 , this one has guild XP boost

Left Tython, under level, about half way through Coruscant, I bought the experience I XP (all of the XP 1), this is were I did my Intros once level 10, left Courscant under level, and I bought the all Legacy XP boost too experience II.

Taris I'm Pvp'ing again, not as much as I used to, before last 2 missions, I increase legacy XP to III, I left , and entered Nar Shaddaa Under level. I did the next part where you save wha'his name daughter, before Tatooine.

At this point one could probably stick with just Class story and/or Max Legacy XP Boost.

This character just entered Tatooine and 3 levels under

The new to the game players, really won't know. That they have been slowed down in Progression due to Level Sync. They'll most likely play the game the whole time in level sync.

They're the one's going for extra missions, not just Class story, but heroics, and Planetary missions as well , which is going to place them in Level Sync, but hey, they aren't going to notice any difference.

They may also not increase Legacy XP boost so chances are they'll barely be in Level sync doing most of the content. And that's not too bad or bad at all, Not to mention, they probably can't afford to increase legacy XP Boost at the start

Will they be over level, doing most or all content available to them, I don't know, can only imaging they'll be trying Heroics,some PvP, Side and Planetary missions, , which will place them 10-20 levels over planet level before they finish the first chapter of their class Story.

Without know the difference being 3 levels under or not over Max planet level, being level Sync won't be noticed, A new player will likely think it's normal Game progression, that Elites and Bosses , just take longer (they always took longer, just now in Level sync, even longer)

= = = = = = =

TL:DR

It's very possible to never be in Level sync, or just in it. As Long as you keep the content at the bare minimum.

Being 3 levels over is no different then being 5 level under Planet level. Some content you can't do being more then 3 under level. Being over level, drags the gaming progression.

Best to stay 3 under and never over Max content level. Too easy to be over content level.

You can level fast and do most content, and ignore it's taking longer, or you can end Class story fast, but level slower.

won't be slower leveling, just the difference is class story is done quicker at just under or at content level.

Increasing Planet Max level on the lower planets (The 1-40 level Planets) could allow more content to be done, without being in any Level sync or under level

Edited by Achnaattwo

As someone who always is overleveled on every character, it really doesn't slow down your progression much. Within the 1st 2 hours of gameplay I'm usually level 25-30, and if I push on day 1 of a character getting to level 40-50 isn't that bad.

I never upgrade any of my gear now. Empty shell armor every time, I use XP Perks on GSF, Class missions, and exploration, + DvL armor, and XP boost. In all honesty it really doesn't matter. NPC's die quickly regardless. There is no real increased time to kill other then the fact we did lose some abilities in 7.0 at early levels, but I haven't really noticed that much of a problem with this (other then on an arsenal merc/commando). For some reason the merc/mando feels slower since you don't get tracer missile until your in your 20's.

The only suggestion I really would make for new players is to upgrade your MH/OH weapons, because that does feel like it speeds up killing due to the Tech/Force power increase.

Edited by Toraak

As someone who always is overleveled on every character, it really doesn't slow down your progression much. Within the 1st 2 hours of gameplay I'm usually level 25-30, and if I push on day 1 of a character getting to level 40-50 isn't that bad.

I never upgrade any of my gear now. Empty shell armor every time, I use XP Perks on GSF, Class missions, and exploration, + DvL armor, and XP boost. In all honesty it really doesn't matter. NPC's die quickly regardless. There is no real increased time to kill other then the fact we did lose some abilities in 7.0 at early levels, but I haven't really noticed that much of a problem with this (other then on an arsenal merc/commando). For some reason the merc/mando feels slower since you don't get tracer missile until your in your 20's.

The only suggestion I really would make for new players is to upgrade your MH/OH weapons, because that does feel like it speeds up killing due to the Tech/Force power increase.

leveling is not a problem, the content levels are, if you want to stay at the same pace (not in Level Sync). Content level needs to be increase too.

Before level sync, it didn't matter. You could do all the content, repeat some of it if you wanted. You're going to out level the content in no time.

Before 7.0, I was pretty much level 50+, by the time I reached Nar Shaddaa , I played most content, and a lot of GSF. Also had my Legacy xp boost maxed. Time played, 1 day

now after 7.0, no Guild, so no guild xp boost, no legacy xp boost, just doing class story, and the intro to WZ & GSF, Avoiding completing Bonus missions. was faster in completing class story, but slower at leveling.

Wasn't till after I completed chapter 3 of class story, before I started doing more content with this character, by the time I was 54, basically same as the character I have @ 55 up to Nar Shaddaa which is still technically chapter 1. time played 2 days. There was only couple hour difference and a day. Naw not taking longer, A day PLAYING, is not longer. Tho it wasn't played the same, just avoided level sync takes longer.

You can just play in Level sync the whole game, except the first 10 levels, deal with the 'Not Harder' but longer Elites and Boss fights. Will just one of those fights make the gaming experience be longer, Nope. But after a while it adds up

Will Planet levels increase, stop you from being in Level sync the whole game, but the first 10 levels, . , most.

Why not just get rid of the Stories/Chapters,and grind your way to max level. Just have culling missions, and at milestone levels you acquire another companion (with no stories) and Skills okay too much

Edited by Achnaattwo

• 2 weeks later...

kinda the same thought as increase planet levels, without increasing the planet levels.

Level Sync doesn't kick in till 5 levels over planet level ?

Since you're pretty much going to be level sync at level 11 and the rest of the game. Unless you avoid most of the content , there is no way to avoid being level sync other then that.  The  White Acute Module the exception, but it's only available during Double XP event

Honestly, I really don't the level scaling.
It is great to have - I wouldn't call it a challenge though - competitive game play ( sounds diplomatic)

I have always thought planets like Korriban ( especially) would benefit from a high level sector, would give use to planets to have higher level zones added too, 

12 minutes ago, Darka said:

I have always thought planets like Korriban ( especially) would benefit from a high level sector, would give use to planets to have higher level zones added too, 

kinda like Balmorra and Taris ?

where Balmorra is 16-20 for Imperials but it;s 32-37 Republic

or do you mean when we're at (lets use quesh) your done at Quesh and you are sent back to Korriban (or any other lower level planet) ?

or was it new content, new instance on Korriban

12 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

kinda like Balmorra and Taris ?

where Balmorra is 16-20 for Imperials but it;s 32-37 Republic

or do you mean when we're at (lets use quesh) your done at Quesh and you are sent back to Korriban (or any other lower level planet) ?

or was it new content, new instance on Korriban

New content would be preferable, 
Have the planets how they are now, but open new areas that are high level, A little like section X i guess. 

On 8/29/2022 at 4:02 AM, Darcmoon said:

No! Just no! Leveling toons has been made more tedious ever since 7.0 and the ‘rebalancing’ of abilities and when you get them. I am not going to try to fight a level 80 mob with only two abilities on the starter planets. It would take forever to kill them.

Agreed, it would become tedious.

As for these so-called improved rounds of class balance by BW. First off not improved at all, second for most quests it is OK as in not much of a hindrance on planets but certain story flashpoints are just undoable now for many of us. It's no good doing this if it means players like me are just skipping huge chunks of the game. This is on top of what you already have removed for many of us solo players with the last round before this so called balancing.

level sync just adds to this. OK on planets, outside of that, No. for many of us, you are just making player story mode unplayable. From a lot of FP's to Star fortress which I have not played in years. To uprising and so on.  

I absolutely hate that I'm about to sound like an elitist, but........are you sure we're talking about the same game???? Because I can take any of my lvl80 characters and one-shot a random group of Standard enemies on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas regardless of level scaling. And I'm not even running Best in Slot! The only part where I have even a modicum of trouble is Heroic areas, and I can still easily get through those by following my ability rotation and monitoring when to use my shield buffs. Am I just not understanding the original complaint??

2 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Because I can take any of my lvl80 characters and one-shot a random group of Standard enemies on Coruscant/Dromund

I can do the same, being at planet level

2 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Am I just not understanding the original complaint??

reads like you are

I went on a few months without noticing it, some yeah . .  it wasn't till one fight was a whole lot longer, and died, never died on that fight but the very first time, which was 7 or 8 years ago. Then it was easier for me to notice, all fights were actually longer. Checked time played, since the new level sync characters, and it is longer, more time to do the same things. I even cut back on GSF (other reasons) and it's XP is even less too. So I'm not as high (over planet level) as I used to be

I thought, level sync could be left alone, (or fixed to work better), but increase planet levels  . . might be better for those still leveling up at the lower levels.  The feeling weaker as you gain gear and levels at the lower levels doesn't seem right.

If someone just does Class story, and no other content, they will be under planet level, which is easier to play then over level , Now.

It's too easy to be Over Planet level, just doing Content other then Class Story.

The Topic is related to Level Sync, and  it was about a possible ways to avoid being stuck in level sync the whole game, while leveling. not about  a level 70-80 level character going to a level 16 planet, that's who level sync is mostly for, And to stop/slow those farming lower levels.i It shouldn't affect those just growing at the lower levels.

19 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

The Topic is related to Level Sync, and  it was about a possible ways to avoid being stuck in level sync the whole game, while leveling. not about  a level 70-80 level character going to a level 16 planet, that's who level sync is mostly for, And to stop/slow those farming lower levels.i It shouldn't affect those just growing at the lower levels.

So...you want new character/new player leveling to be slowed overall, or at least stopped when at a planet's maximum level, until they hit level cap. Am I understanding that correctly?

3 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

So...you want new character/new player leveling to be slowed overall, or at least stopped when at a planet's maximum level, until they hit level cap. Am I understanding that correctly?

no, you're not understanding correctly

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

no, you're not understanding correctly

Then either I suck at reading, or you suck at conveying a thought, or both. Someone sucks at something here. TBH, it's more than likely me. I don't pay attention to stats, I just do what the vulkk guides say, and try my best to get through.

13 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Then either I suck at reading, or you suck at conveying a thought, or both. Someone sucks at something here. TBH, it's more than likely me. I don't pay attention to stats, I just do what the vulkk guides say, and try my best to get through.

probably

22 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

probably

Okay. I think I might know what you mean now.

I was on Belsavis, doing the Macrobinocular quest chain, and I came across a Gold enemy. I'm level 80 (scaled down to 47). It took longer than it really should have for me to take this NPC down. Granted, none of my gear is upgraded (all green Decuron, I don't think I even have a single Legendary Implant yet on this character). But still, I took maybe 2 minutes to kill an enemy half my level.

really !! 🤨

It's  kinda how I found the fights were taking longer,  I'm sure for months, I never really noticed. Maybe suspected, but thought I just needed better gear was all, but one particular fight, did take longer, and they managed to kill me, fast. Only because I wasn't paying attention to my health. It's a fight I've done numerous times, and I never had to pay attention any more. It was a "hey now, what just happened " moment.

Since then, I repeated the fight with a new character, at planet level, it felt and seemed faster then before.  I had always been 10+ over that planet level in the past, at that point.

It's not hard to over level a planet. In my case I did a lot of GSF (before 7.0) ,it was one of the fastest ways to level up too. That's just one of the many extra content available. So I was always 20-30 levels over by Nar Shaddaa, just playing extra content.

I don't believe that shouldn't happen when just building a new character, but in your case  I do see it should be happening, in a way. You can't get the mission (if I remember right) till 50. At  that level you're gonna be level sync the whole mission. Some planets not an issue, meaning you're not gonna notice the difference, you're gonna still have that " you puny human" "Hulk smash" experience.

Even though it may take a few extras seconds, per fight, it adds up.

There are a lot of planets here , that are 50+. Maybe level sync shouldn't kick in till you reach level 55 ?? I don't know.🤷‍♂️

The Macrobinocular quest , is not the only quest that takes you to a lower level planet, there's few times,  just doing class story.

There's not much for players that are 65+ to go to,  I don't think there is any for 61-70 . .is there ? :jawa_confused:

Isn't that what's level Sync  suppose to allow ? More same content  and still not a affect the lower player levels, but it does affect the lower level players more .

Will Planet level increase help ? .  . maybe a little.

Edited by Achnaattwo
spelling

22 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

Isn't that what's level Sync  suppose to allow ? More same content  and still not a affect the lower player levels, but it does affect the lower level players more .

Will Planet level increase help ? .  . maybe a little.

How does it affect the lower level players?   I’m just unsure what you mean by this.  

I personally think a planet level increase is a terrible idea.  As an example, what would you have Dromund Kaas/Coruscant levels become?  They are currently 10 -17 if I remember right.  I know you get level synched to 17.  And what about the following planets? Are the minimum level for them going to be increased also?  

Edited by Darcmoon

23 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Are the minimum level for them going to be increased also?  

no, not needed.

If a player chooses to do bare minimum content , they can stay the same. No changes to minimum level

Bare minimum just being class story, no PvP, no Heroic's, no side missions, No Flashpoints, ect, ect

even if they don't do minimum content, minimum level don't need to change.

7 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

no, not needed.

If a player chooses to do bare minimum content , they can stay the same. No changes to minimum level

Bare minimum just being class story, no PvP, no Heroic's, no side missions, No Flashpoints, ect, ect

even if they don't do minimum content, minimum level don't need to change.

That wouldn’t work though.   Let’s say they upped the max level of DK to 22.  That would mean they either leave the mobs at the same level in which the increase in level really doesn’t mean anything or they stretch out the mob levels up to 22 also.  Then just doing the minimum may not have them high enough to beat the final boss for the planetary/class quests.  And then they would go on to the follow up plants where the beginning mobs would be grey and bot worth any experience which would cause complaints.