increase planet levels, level sync is making it worse

Achnaattwo

I keep out leveling the planets, just by doing (even Less, now) GSF, and WZ, and Class missions. I can't do side or planetary missions , I don't gear up to be weaker, I don't level up to be weaker, I play this game to relax and have fun, Level Sync has taken that away.

Level Sync has it's place, needs to be there, but not the way it's set up now, It just destroys any enjoyment I used to have.

most of my characters are before 7.0, so I made new ones just to try and avoid that weakness I got with the older characters, just to get back to enjoying the game, but that didn't work. I mean I'm not 20-30 levels over planet level like before, but still 6-10 levels over, before I'm done with Coruscant/Dromund Kass.

Either let me Pause leveling, or Raise planet level, Or fix level sync, that it don't punish those just want to do there missions in the order they're meant to be at

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One solution some players have talked about is scaling all planets to 80, and then bolstering low level players to level 80. It's the same thing they do in flashpoints. It seems like it could work for planets as well. The downside is that you would never feel like a low-level character doing low damage (20, 50, 100 damage a hit). Since you would be bolstered, your abilities would be doing 10-20,000 even at level 1. The upside would be you would never have any caps on your stats.

I can't do side or planetary missions

I'm what elitists call a filthy casual. I have one character at 330. The other 40-odd characters on Star Forge?

No where near! 320, 322, 324. Green daily conquest gear. That's it.

With those toons, I can solo anything lower than a world boss on any level-shifted planet. Two elite turrets next to each other will take me out. Other than that, the planet is wide open. No limit to the amount of carnage I can inflict.

I there find it a bit disingenuous, therefore, that people can't complete side quests or planetary, none of which involve any higher than the occasional gold PvE story-level mob. Not. One.

Same goes for leveling prior to 80 doing planetary and side quests. Not a problem.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'm what elitists call a filthy casual. I have one character at 330. The other 40-odd characters on Star Forge?

No where near! 320, 322, 324. Green daily conquest gear. That's it.

With those toons, I can solo anything lower than a world boss on any level-shifted planet. Two elite turrets next to each other will take me out. Other than that, the planet is wide open. No limit to the amount of carnage I can inflict.

I there find it a bit disingenuous, therefore, that people can't complete side quests or planetary, none of which involve any higher than the occasional gold PvE story-level mob. Not. One.

Same goes for leveling prior to 80 doing planetary and side quests. Not a problem.

Congratulations

your success story, does not help other players gaming experience, or enjoyment

If frustrated I want go out there and cool off, by clubbing baby seals, (if something like that works), I don't want baby seals clubbing me. With 7.0 I can't vent my frustrations, only way is to start a new character, 7.0 has not made starting new as frustrating in Starting areas ,as it is from there on.

Not saying it's tough, just takes longer, wasting someones time. When you're 20 levels over planet level, it is frustrating to be so weak.

The companion seems to do a better job, so just let the companion do the work, and go chop some wood, or mow the lawn, come back, continue on mission till next battle. Let companion do all the work, and go do something else that needs to be done around the home.

I don't think anyone would call that playing the game

I keep out leveling the planets, just by doing (even Less, now) GSF, and WZ, and Class missions. I can't do side or planetary missions , I don't gear up to be weaker, I don't level up to be weaker, I play this game to relax and have fun, Level Sync has taken that away.

Level Sync has it's place, needs to be there, but not the way it's set up now, It just destroys any enjoyment I used to have.

most of my characters are before 7.0, so I made new ones just to try and avoid that weakness I got with the older characters, just to get back to enjoying the game, but that didn't work. I mean I'm not 20-30 levels over planet level like before, but still 6-10 levels over, before I'm done with Coruscant/Dromund Kass.

Either let me Pause leveling, or Raise planet level, Or fix level sync, that it don't punish those just want to do there missions in the order they're meant to be at

The vender on Fleet that sells the companion instant level 50 token sells the XP lowering token as well for free I believe.

One solution some players have talked about is scaling all planets to 80, and then bolstering low level players to level 80. It's the same thing they do in flashpoints. It seems like it could work for planets as well. The downside is that you would never feel like a low-level character doing low damage (20, 50, 100 damage a hit). Since you would be bolstered, your abilities would be doing 10-20,000 even at level 1. The upside would be you would never have any caps on your stats.

No! Just no! Leveling toons has been made more tedious ever since 7.0 and the ‘rebalancing’ of abilities and when you get them. I am not going to try to fight a level 80 mob with only two abilities on the starter planets. It would take forever to kill them.

No! Just no! Leveling toons has been made more tedious ever since 7.0 and the ‘rebalancing’ of abilities and when you get them. I am not going to try to fight a level 80 mob with only two abilities on the starter planets. It would take forever to kill them.

I haven't looked into the idea, (thinking about it) yet, but that's a good point.

Starter planets are fine where they're at at this moment, they can be left untouched, For me I don't out level the first 3 planets too much, but by the time I'm reach the ending part of Chapter 1, I'm close if not already 10 levels over planet level. Just doing class story, and some GSF and WZ. Since 7.0.

Before 7.0+, I used to do heroics and lots of GSF, and some side missions, man I was very over level, but not weak, or over barring. With this new Level sync, you start feeling it's effect 3 levels over, it's not as bad as being 20-30 levels over, but still makes the experience not fun any more. Am logging in less and less time playing, I am still addicted to SWTOR, but I am drifting away, because the new Level Sync unintentionally makes me weaker, Just increase the planet levels. Problem should be fixed

I don't think anyone would call that playing the game

I'm not even going through a quarter of one rotation on a low planet to kill a mob at level, and not even half a rotation down-leveled.

If by characterizing yourself as "weak" while level shifted you mean that you cannot maintain a non-stop one-shot slaughterfest on a planet that's 40 levels below you, you might actually have to hit more than one button to kill a mob.

Edited by xordevoreaux

So.. what is the point of levels??? Remove the level system and the stat system if you want that everything been static.

I'm not even going through a quarter of one rotation on a low planet to kill a mob at level, and not even half a rotation down-leveled.

If by characterizing yourself as "weak" while level shifted you mean that you cannot maintain a non-stop one-shot slaughterfest on a planet that's 40 levels below you, you might actually have to hit more than one button to kill a mob.

And whats is wrong to one shot an enemy?? That is why you level and get better gear. Leveling is dinamyc, level sync makes things static = boring

And whats is wrong to one shot an enemy?? That is why you level and get better gear. Leveling is dinamyc, level sync makes things static = boring

This comment exposes the entire argument about being weak on down-shifted planets as being 100% false.

Weak means using multiple full rotations to get a PvE mob down.

Weak means spending multiple rotations plus stims and you still can't get a PvE story-mode planetary quest or side quest mob down.

Unable to one-shot a mob but your health is fine and the mob is very dead < > weak.

Don't characterize the inability to one-shot everything within range as weak.

Preeminently not uber by half a rotation < > weak.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I have noticed, that not all classes progress at the same pace. of the last 2 rerolls, the difference is noticed.

Just doing class story mission, which you pretty much have to do to advance to the next planet, if you want to do the class as it was meant to be done, and some GSF and WZ, (I need my PvP).

We're not talking about being level 80 character, going to a level 30 planet. with or without level Sync. We're talking about the current progression of a new character.

I made it to Tatooine, before Level sync kicked in, from Tatooine on, I don't get to experience at level any more. The latest reroll, I've been level sync since Coruscant (really since Tython, but it seems to always be the way on starter planets), they will never get to battle on planets with out being level sync, The progression has been slowed down, because Level Sync.

And as Rotation goes, you only have 2-3 to rotate with, till you reach higher level and gain more actives to attack with. Now we're back in that dilemma of having to deal with Level Sync even more if you choose to gain more actives. It's one of those Damned if you do, or your damned if you don't scenario.

So really rotation is not in the picture here. Yet

Another idea, besides raising the planet levels, is once your at max planet level, level. your level is placed on pause. Course now it's even later till you get those much needed skills.I don't think changing the progression of getting skills and the new level sync is working together.

I shouldn't be placed under Max planet Stats, because in the natural progression of doing mission in it's order, causes me to out level That planet

Unable to one-shot a mob but your health is fine and the mob is very dead < > weak.

Don't characterize the inability to one-shot everything within range as weak.

Preeminently not uber by half a rotation < > weak.

It's still weaker than it was and I don't like it to put it mildly.

Go to fleet during 2xp, find the Gree vendor on Fleet, and buy a White Acute Module. You get them for free. But unlike the previous poster's point, I don't think it's available normally, it has to be during 2xp. The thing is, it works outside of 2xp to reduce your gain. I use it on all my characters for the 1-50 experience, though theoretically it works at any level.

A few other things help with this:

The planet level is different from the level sync level. Follow the planet level. When you reach max level for planet (I think it's lvl 17 on DK), leave the planet, even if you haven't outsynced the content.

I tend to do endgame content while subbed, and level characters as a pref. you get reduced XP as a pref which additionally helps keeping at level. Also I have heard some issues from subs about the WAM not working, and it's possible that the reduction rate is less efficient on a sub than a pref. idk, it always works fine for me.

If you level several characters, try this model:

(#1) character

Taris (Pubside):

- class mission

- planetary missions

- exploration missions

- missions with alignment change LS / DS

LEAVE at max planet level.

(#2) character

Taris (Pubside)

- class mission

- missed exploration missions

- missions with alignment change LS / DS

LEAVE at max planet level OR when new missions have been completed (underlevel)

(#3) character

Taris (Pubside)

- Class mission

- Heroics without LS/DS change

LEAVE when new missions have been completed (underlevel)

Even with the WAM, you will overlevel vanilla content if you do everything. if (#1) character does everything on Taris, they will quickly reach planet level on NS even if they haven't done everything on NS, leaving NS for later characters who will be underleveled. Avoid starting planetary quest chains on certain planets (Tatooine, Balmorra, Voss, Corellia) unless you're able to do the entire chain on one char.

White Acute Module, I looked it up, seems to be legacy bound, good . When they're available I can stock up.

MMmm, not sure I under stood correctly. main reason I don't skip class missions, is to get more companions, and progress in the story, I certainly don't need to repeat something for story, and only reason not skipping falling empire, is to get to kill

Kaliyo

So ahh, the way I read it, is to go to next planet at max level even tho I haven't finished class story ?

only way I can think of besides purchasing a token, is level up to 65 real fast, and start Knights of the Fallen Empire

just do Side missions, get back into planetary Mission, like I used to, some of 'em I really like, and would like to repeat.

But that wouldn't really help me, see I want to get on this account Legacy 50, and all 8 classes done.

I just mighty have to wait till I get some White Acute Module, to do the last 4 classes.

It's still weaker than it was and I don't like it to put it mildly.

I actually think this is like the best response you could've made. Saying that you don't like it is already enough - it's simply not your job to figure out why, that what the devs are for.

Because we had problems in the past when groups were killing certain world bosses, and someone would come along, and one shot the world bosses and mess it up for the group doing it.

While shared tagging is nice for some things, it doesn't always work the way it should, and therefore one shooting these world bosses is not fair to those that have taken the time to get a group together to kill the world boss to have someone come along and kill the world boss, therefore making the group wait again for the world boss.

Edited by casirabit

wonder , since you mentioned preference account, by doing that, . . is it still possible to not be over level ?

By the time you're in Chapter 2 it'll still limits how much content a character can do not to level too fast.

I still think increasing the planet levels might be the better option. Before 7.0 I usually was level 60 something, before chapter 2, that was just class story, GSF (a lot ), and a couple planets, planet story missions, and a lot of heroics.

When 7.0 came out I wanted to change combat style, instead of using existing charters , I created new. I have a lot of characters 50-60 still sitting in Nar Shaddaa, not yet into chapter 2. But those characters were before 7.0.

I goofed on the new character I created last night, habit, I logged out with them in a cantina :o . It caused my little experiment to become Max on Taris, and still have a couple missions to go , ouch :eek:.

I was doing such a decent job to not over level too

With this character, I am able to one shot, and not be over level, I'll wait till higher level, but I am sure I won't be able to when I'm level sync

ETA: against strong or elites, does take more then one shot, Strong 2, elites more like 4 or five, unless they stun me.

and that one shot is the AOE, so probably doesn't count, but I call it one shot, because I just press the key once.

Edited by Achnaattwo

got to thinking, about that pref account, I think I will log into the account, that I let the Sub expire, and now is a pref account, start a new character, same class and combat style, and see the difference. And If it does stay within planet levels.

Should be fun :)

Edited by Achnaattwo

got to thinking, about that pref account, I think I will log into the account, that I let the Sub expire, and now is a pref account, start a new character, same class and combat style, and see the difference. And If it does stay within planet levels.

I've four pref accounts in addition to my subscriber account and no, simply hoping the 25% dent to experience that kicks in at level 20 for not being a subscriber is no guarantee you won't level beyond any given planet.

Welcome to try.

Edited by xordevoreaux

While I was preferred, I tested just doing purple missions, and I stayed pretty close to planet level. Occasionally, if I felt underleveled or too weak, I'd do a heroic or two to get some blue gear. That character is at level 51 currently, sitting on Ilum, haven't touched since subscription started. For subscriber, I haven't tested, but what I would try is doing just class story with heroics occasionally to maintain levels. I don't think you will have to do any heroics until maybe Nar Shaddaa or Alderaan. Then it will just be a few heroics each planet plus your class story.

Because we had problems in the past when groups were killing certain world bosses, and someone would come along, and one shot the world bosses and mess it up for the group doing it.

While shared tagging is nice for some things, it doesn't always work the way it should, and therefore one shooting these world bosses is not fair to those that have taken the time to get a group together to kill the world boss to have someone come along and kill the world boss, therefore making the group wait again for the world boss.

Then they should use Final Fantasy xiv system for that. Those are call events and if you want to participate and you are "out" of level then you press a button to sync you. Such button shows when you are near an event. If you don't sync you can't attack the mobs on the event.

Edited by GoldenApolo

Bolster has never worked the best, since you miss passives and critical abilities, including perks from gear.

I think Veteran's Edge on planets (outside of ops and pvp) was 100% okay.

Yes, you will outlevel the planet. That's because you are a subscriber, or even pref using leftover XP boosts. I do not want to go back to having to grind out exploration missions on every, single, planet or use FPs to "catch up".

I really don't think it's necessary, but if enough people absolutely despise being overleveled, they can bring the white helix module back. (Think they removed it with 7.0)