Is there something wrong with modding my gear?

TheOnlyFlupoo

For context, I'm a level 67 Jedi sentinel. According to my friend, I'm "playing the game wrong", simply because I've been modding my adaptive armor and putting points into alacrity, accuracy, and critical rating, instead of just equipping every other piece of gear I find. So, am I actually playing the game wrong, or can I continue to do what I'm doing with little to no late game consequence? Edited by TheOnlyFlupoo

For context, I'm a level 67 Jedi sentinel. According to my friend, I'm "playing the game wrong", simply because I've been modding my adaptive armor and putting points into alacrity, accuracy, and critical rating, instead of just equipping every other piece of gear I find. So, am I actually playing the game wrong, or can I continue to do what I'm doing with little to no late game consequence?

Your friend is wrong. Well, for *levelling* characters (i.e. not yet at max level), what your friend said is wrong. For max-level characters, it's different. 6.0 introduced the big thing about "just equip whatever's got a better item rating", but that was only while "levelling up" your gear (EDIT: that is, raising your Item Rating from 270 to 306) once you reached max level.

So what you're doing now is just fine.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Your friend is not 'wrong' but you're not either. While levelling, you can just equip whatever gear you get, but that's only viable because levelling is relatively easy.

Your approach to balancing stats is actually more 'correct' in the overall sense.