I'm Out. Goodbye.

ReveredDead

Except this hasn't been how end game gear has worked for years in SWTOR.

The only expansion this style wasn't fully implemented in was 6.0.

Even 5.0 went from 242 at 5.0 launch, to 248 a few months later, and eventually they added 252, and 258 gear. So even in 5.0 they had this style of gearing treadmil. I'm not saying they make enough actual content by any means, that this is just the way most MMO's work. For the record even 6.0 had a gearing treadmil. You had to grind up to 306, then you had to keep grinding for the proper min/maxed mods/enhancements. Many raiders had 2 sets of gear. One for capped content, and another for uncapped content.

Edited by Toraak

The only expansion this style wasn't fully implemented in was 6.0.

Even 5.0 went from 242 at 5.0 launch, to 248 a few months later, and eventually they added 252, and 258 gear. So even in 5.0 they had this style of gearing treadmil. I'm not saying they make enough actual content by any means, that this is just the way most MMO's work. For the record even 6.0 had a gearing treadmil. You had to grind up to 306, then you had to keep grinding for the proper min/maxed mods/enhancements. Many raiders had 2 sets of gear. One for capped content, and another for uncapped content.

Minmaxing mod was marginal, not really comparable to 10 ilvl difference, AND you could farm them in pretty much any content, you could even solo the easier flashpoints in master mode and progressively get closer to minmaxed mods.

Now people have a short memory and some entitled attitude but I'd argue that Swtor is not of the caliber of game to justify the treadmill, it might have in the past, but not anymore. And refresh my memory since I was in and out of the game during patches, even when treadmil was there wasnt there multiple raiding options to get the gear ? I genuinely don't know.

Clearly too many people made the choice to stay in 306 gear in 7.0. That was why Bioware added the old gear penalty (the "taking advantage of the synch system" is a smokescreen). Not enough people were being driven into the group content.

/Agreed. I was in no hurry to upgrade my gear as actually my 306 gear was better than what they have and even a person in my guild was going to do that (We don't do flashpoints that much anymore) until they decided to "punish" people for not wanting to use the gear they decided we should use.

I was hoping that 7.1 wouldn't reflect further "herding" everyone into the new focus of the game. But IMO this pretty much sums up what has really happened.

7.0 was a total disaster. Prior to that numerous posts were made begging for more content and a LOT LESS BUGS. Many of us tried to be as patient as possible. Yet here we are looking at yet another round of what appears to be some sort of "payment-in-kind" for not rushing into the busy work of destroying all of those nice gold pieces. So ... now only a handful of the justly deserving get what they have wanted for some time now.

IMO a very large part of this affair smacks of retribution for some of us not chasing after 7.0. (and other related maters).

It should also be noted that the current state of affairs regarding end game (the acquisition of gear ... not content) continues to reflect this overshadowing attitude. If I didn't know better, I'd say that solo players are very quickly becoming the unwanted illegitimate children of SWTOR. What someone apparently doesn't get (at least about this old man) .. I don't bend, bow or budge !! ;)

Kid of ashamed really. So much of 7.1 is so well done too.

As for me I'll eat my cake and enjoy every ounce of it! If that works for (some folks) fine !! If not .. big hoop-t-do!! I plan on having fun. If it's here .. SUPER! If not ... (excuse me please)

WAITER.. oh WAITER !! I'll have another slice of that thick chocolate truffle layer cake ... with three scoops of that homemade vanilla ice-cream. OH! And another cup of Black Rifle Dark Roast .. you know the one!! Better yet .. here's an Uncle Ben .. just bring me the pot !

• Like 1

I was hoping that 7.1 wouldn't reflect further "herding" everyone into the new focus of the game. But IMO this pretty much sums up what has really happened.

7.0 was a total disaster. Prior to that numerous posts were made begging for more content and a LOT LESS BUGS. Many of us tried to be as patient as possible. Yet here we are looking at yet another round of what appears to be some sort of "payment-in-kind" for not rushing into the busy work of destroying all of those nice gold pieces. So ... now only a handful of the justly deserving get what they have wanted for some time now.

IMO a very large part of this affair smacks of retribution for some of us not chasing after 7.0. (and other related maters).

It should also be noted that the current state of affairs regarding end game (the acquisition of gear ... not content) continues to reflect this overshadowing attitude. If I didn't know better, I'd say that solo players are very quickly becoming the unwanted illegitimate children of SWTOR. What someone apparently doesn't get (at least about this old man) .. I don't bend, bow or budge !! ;)

Kid of ashamed really. So much of 7.1 is so well done too.

As for me I'll eat my cake and enjoy every ounce of it! If that works for (some folks) fine !! If not .. big hoop-t-do!! I plan on having fun. If it's here .. SUPER! If not ... (excuse me please)

WAITER.. oh WAITER !! I'll have another slice of that thick chocolate truffle layer cake ... with three scoops of that homemade vanilla ice-cream. OH! And another cup of Black Rifle Dark Roast .. you know the one!! Better yet .. here's an Uncle Ben .. just bring me the pot !

Nice post and I agree with it. The sad part is if they keep pushing the solo players to leave it is going to hurt the game but maybe they just want it to end. I hate to say that but sometimes it looks like they are trying to destroy it. I would like to be wrong but all the evidence points to that.

Exactly why people who feel the same as me should cancel their subs and find a new MMO to play.

People who do that will be serial quitters of MMORPGs, until they end up in Guild Wars 2 or ESO, where there is no gear elevator. WoW, FF14, you name it, they all do the "new level cap, new max gear, new gear grind" thing.

This is stupid. Everybody knows that gear isn't forever and only a temporary thing, I told players the entire expansion going for 330 is not worth it, but nobody wanted to listen and now this. You didn't have to grind it, there was no reason to do it, you knew it's temporary, what are you complaining about?!

Hi, I just got in this late. There are parts of this game that dissatisfy me as well (e.g Space Combat), but not enough for me to quit. I love the Star Wars Universe (Legends BTW), I am not a fan of the Canon Universe. I boast an immense collection of both universes in digital form. When I am not playing SW: TOR, I spend a majority of my time reading the novels and comics.

If you can wait it out, I hear there is a new Star Wars MMO on the horizon by Snowdrop. https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop/games/the-star-wars-project It is supposed to be an open-world experience. I hope they mean space combat as well.

If you're looking for the best Starship combat, look no further than Star Trek Online. The game has the best space combat hands down and the away team missions are not bad.

Where SW:TOR shines is in the voice acting department. It appears that is where they spent a majority of their time and on the planet side of the game. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor to find the perfect mmo. Let me know when you do.

If you can wait it out, I hear there is a new Star Wars MMO on the horizon by Snowdrop. https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop/games/the-star-wars-project It is supposed to be an open-world experience. I hope they mean space combat as well.

The word I heard is that it's not an MMO.

If you're looking for the best Starship combat, look no further than Star Trek Online. The game has the best space combat hands down and the away team missions are not bad.

You must have played a different STO than the one I played. I found the ground combat to be marginally less horrible than the space combat.

Where SW:TOR shines is in the voice acting department. It appears that is where they spent a majority of their time and on the planet side of the game. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor to find the perfect mmo. Let me know when you do.

Mostly because there isn't *one* perfect MMORPG. They are all imperfect in some way.

There's no place for elitism on this game and this is an mmo so one of the main points is to change gear every certain period.

Now the new recent "requirement" of some players of being 326+ to do something is finally over and i'm SO GLAD.

Having said that right now the population levels have reached a new bottom according to Steam, i wonder if it is gear related... You know rage quit like the original poster.

Edited by psikofunkster

There's no place for elitism on this game and this is an mmo so one of the main points is to change gear every certain period.

Now the recent new "requirement" of some players of being 326+ to do something is finally over and i'm SO GLAD.

Having said that right now the population levels have reached a new bottom according to Steam, i wonder if it is gear related... You know rage quit like the original poster.

More likely 25 min of story after 5 months and an very inaccessible "SM" operation

They very inaccessible operation we already have it Anomaly SM i expect it to be accesible by that time. :D

The only thing that would bring me back is if they nerf SM and HM R-4. It is way to over tuned. HM makes most NiM operations look like a joke. Nobody forms for R-4 cause people are tired of wiping and wasting their time on an operation that Bioware spent a year hyping up. I have seen whole regular operations groups and raiding guilds fall to pieces since August 3rd. It is why I threw in the towel. Two of my raiding friends did the same and are playing other games now more worth their time. That and the fact that all we get for "story" is 15 minute back to back cutscene. No mission, no flashpoint, nothing of value.