Gear and Progression changes coming with 7.1

BryantWood

So you have tied progression to one single operation now?? What's the point of doing other content now

Correct in principle, but it's worth noting that progression is only possible with Hard Mode.

According to initial reports (I have not tried out myself), this is so difficult that only elite raiders will have gear progression.

Welcome to the new SWTOR, where the players are divided into noobs and elitists. I'm curious to see if that pays off for Bioware, but I wouldn't bet a dime on it.

I've never understood why someone thinks it's a good idea to hide new gear behind really hard content that only the best players can complete. In the end, these already outstanding players are even better than the other players thanks to the gear. In my opinion this is completely stupid.

If you stay in 306 gear at level 80, there is a significant "old gear" penalty in 7.1. Playing anything in that gear will be substantially hampered.

Kind of makes one wonder doesn't it.

Before 7.1 (no less) I ran a few things including two characters through "the Malgus fight". I just enough Daily Resource Matrix to upgrade two pieces of gear. I had ONE matrix left.

Today I ran one of my alts through the new 7.1 update. There was a great deal that was really nice in most aspects except for 1 MAJOR item: drops / stuff earned. It was disgusting. I still have the 1 matrix. None was earned or dropped. I had three "blue" pieces drop. Two of them were not even related to my character and only ONE of all my alts combined can "possibly" make any use at all (when I get that one to level 80).

I DID max out the number of Tech Fragments (spent 3K before starting the new release since I was maxed out) .. and earned quite a few in game. Problem is that (for the most part) tech fragments are totally useless.

Bumber!

There is a lot of positive as far as the rest is concerned (if you play in a group). And the art is really super! Story not too bad either!

I just wish the team would get their act together with the gear! IMO they could if they wanted to bad enough!

There is a lot of positive as far as the rest is concerned (if you play in a group). And the art is really super! Story not too bad either!

I just wish the team would get their act together with the gear! IMO they could if they wanted to bad enough!

You, Sir, took the words right out of this lady's mouth! :D This update has some awesome things going for it, but the gearing for people who can't or won't play MM content or PvP is Atrocious. Why Bioware? We pay too!

Seems that you didn't play the game since it started!!

1. The game got worse with the new gear, bugs and not needed changes that's a fact, period.

The 6.0 gearing system worked just fine and didn't need a whole overhaul.

2. I don't have a problem with outdated gear, I've a problem with a crappy new system and grinding

over and over again.

By the way I've a real life and that means to serve and protect and not to grind armor in a broken game.

4. The devs will do nothing, they are just stubborn (there has been a time when the listened to us but that's over)

5. Im not just stating it's bad, but I'm sick and tired to repeat my critic over and over again.

If you like the new gearing, the bugs etc fine, but I'm out.

I've invested a lot of my money in this game but if Bioware doesn't need it, not my problem.

from how I understand you, you want to play a Game that doesn't get Updated anymore, there is Plenty of those around, take your pick. I hope SWTOR never becomes the Game you want it to be, I like getting new content.

from how I understand you, you want to play a Game that doesn't get Updated anymore, there is Plenty of those around, take your pick. I hope SWTOR never becomes the Game you want it to be, I like getting new content.

New content is what we all want but the gearing has issues. Story Players, have no meaningful way of gear progression and that's wrong. We can't even work up to prototype or artifact to get MODS!:mad:

I would like to know why...

1. SM FP's don't reward for Story Gear?

2. Why there's a 999 cap on Daily Resource Matrixes and not 2500

3. Why Heroics and Dailies only drop 3 Daily Resource Matrixes per objective?

4. Why does the Dev Team not consider this unfair?

You, Sir, took the words right out of this lady's mouth! :D This update has some awesome things going for it, but the gearing for people who can't or won't play MM content or PvP is Atrocious. Why Bioware? We pay too!

They could IF THEY WANTED TO !!! But this (IMO) goes back to the "private chat group" (some will remember a couple threads about that)... And now we have to take the scraps of what THEY feel is "just rewards" for those who just refuse to play the game as it was intended.

I could spell things out in language that "REAL GAMERS" understand. And even THEY would get it. But frankly I refuse to lower myself to that level !!

I'm NOT LOOKING FOR easy stuff. I have no problem earning it. (Heck at age 70 I still do my own work around the house ... just finished cutting down a couple trees up next to the house this AM) .

It should be noted that the areas I played in are fine. (Especially given the fact that I have such ridiculously stupid gear.) IMO it would be a blast if we received Daily Resource Matrix after completing all of the "dailies" on Manaan. (Which we did do).

There is a VERY workable solution.

(OK ... I'll get off my soap box for a bit).

EDIT ... I'm still looking at trash for my troopers cannon. I HAD a couple nice ones.. Gues that's gone too !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

New content is what we all want but the gearing has issues. Story Players, have no meaningful way of gear progression and that's wrong. We can't even work up to prototype or artifact to get MODS!:mad:

I would like to know why...

1. SM FP's don't reward for Story Gear?

2. Why there's a 999 cap on Daily Resource Matrixes and not 2500

3. Why Heroics and Dailies only drop 3 Daily Resource Matrixes per objective?

4. Why does the Dev Team not consider this unfair?

Is the story tuned for bigger gear than it drops? Honest question, no clue

I like getting new content.

New content:

- New bit of story,

- New daily area along with intro questline,

- New operation.

Nobody is complaining about those things, there is something for everybody to enjoy, great they put all three in this update.

NOT content:

- Gearing.

Reducing the Cost of Legendary Implants for Alts

We’ve developed a system for players to earn Legendary Implants easier for additional characters. 7.1 will include new Legacy of the Sith Achievements for upgrading two Legendary Implants up to Item Rating 330 and Item Rating 334. Once you have obtained this achievement, SN-4RK will reduce the cost of lower Item Rating Implants and Implant Upgrades for reduced Conquest Commendations (60, down from 100) and Tech Fragments (2500, down from 6500).

So does the reduced price only apply to sub 300 implants? I only ask because I just upgraded an implant to 334, no achievement was unlocked and all costs are same as with the 330 achievement? Nevermind, I obviously can't read "for upgrading two Legendary Implants"!

Edited by ISpawnx

New content:

- New bit of story,

- New daily area along with intro questline,

- New operation.

Nobody is complaining about those things, there is something for everybody to enjoy, great they put all three in this update.

NOT content:

- Gearing.

the person I quoted complained about getting things they didn't ask for.

meanwhile I'm extremely happy with Loadouds and Mount while Moving, things that I never asked for, just as Examples.

a different example would be the ability to choose the color of combat style Icons, it barely improves them being almost unrecognizable as the Black outline is most of the new Icons so the choosable Color is barely visible but it's still an Improvement over not being able to do anything.

anyway about your Gearing is not Content Argument:

Have you ever heard of Rougelikes? the entire Genre is based around getting Gear and loosing it again.

Gearing can certainly be Content, it all depends on what you enjoy. Anyone who complains about SWTOR Gearing being too grindy really needs to play some other games for a while.

now regarding Content:

I can Read a Book that took Months or Years to write in just a few Hours, if you think it's so easy to make Content, do it yourself.

the person I quoted complained about getting things they didn't ask for.

Where did I complain about content??

I complained mainly about the new gearing system!!

Secondly I complained about the bugs and the removed abilities for which we didn't ask for.

Sorry, Sir you are a liar, a troll and maybe an elitist.

Sir you're attacking people all over the forum and that tell's me a lot.

Where did I complain about content??

I complained mainly about the new gearing system!!

Secondly I complained about the bugs and the removed abilities for which we didn't ask for.

Sorry, Sir you are a liar, a troll and maybe an elitist.

Sir you're attacking people all over the forum and that tell's me a lot.

1. The game got worse with the new gear, bugs and not needed changes that's a fact, period.

2. I don't have a problem with outdated gear, I've a problem with a crappy new system and grinding

over and over again.

By the way I've a real life and that means to serve and protect and not to grind armor in a broken game.

4. The devs will do nothing, they are just stubborn (there has been a time when the listened to us but that's over)

5. Im not just stating it's bad, but I'm sick and tired to repeat my critic over and over again.

I've invested a lot of my money in this game but if Bioware doesn't need it, not my problem.

you complained about Gear, bugs AND not needed changes.

Like I said, I like plenty of the changes done to the Game over time that were not needed.

I strongly dislike others, but if I had to choose between getting new things, some good some bad, or not getting new things I take the new things.

you complained about Gear, bugs AND not needed changes.

Like I said, I like plenty of the changes done to the Game over time that were not needed.

I strongly dislike others, but if I had to choose between getting new things, some good some bad, or not getting new things I take the new things.

And here we go again!

"and not needed changes" = removed abilities

I didn't say one word about content (story) or whatever.

You are gathering wrong evidence to justify your false statements, Sir.

You, Sir, behave like a guy who has been pulled over for driving too fast and trying to justify your wrongdoing by blaming the officer.

Edited by Desplain

Hey Community!

I’m back to talk about the changes to gearing and progression players can expect with the 7.1 Update. We’ve already posted about the gear for the upcoming Operation: The R4 Anomaly, so this post will hit on the rest of the changes!

New Operation: The R4 Anomaly

We’ve previously outlined how gearing will work for R4 Anomaly, but let’s talk about vanity gear! The token exchange vendors for Story and Veteran will offer dyeable versions of the R4 Anomaly gear in two color variations, along with special versions of the gear with special VFX.

The story token exchange will trade tokens for the Hazardous Delver, Virulent Delver, Hazardous Excavator, and Virulent Excavator sets.

The veteran token exchange will trade tokens for Hazardous Explorer, Virulent Explorer, Hazardous Pathfinder, Virulent Pathfinder, Hazardous Expert, Virulent Expert, Hazardous Professional, and Virulent Professional sets.

Stat Distribution Changes

We’re further adjusting the stat distribution of Premium and Prototype gear, with the intent of making players feel stronger in this gear. These changes will apply to Premium and Prototype gear at Item Rating 328 and higher.

We’ll also be adjusting the stat distribution of Artifact gear for tanks. Tanks will see higher values for Endurance on gear.

Increasing the Power Ceiling

With 7.1 we’ll be implementing our first power increase, allowing players to obtain even stronger gear. Here are the new maximum item ratings players can obtain:

• Noble Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 326)
  • Elite Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 324)
  • Supreme Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 326)
  • Tionese Gear – 330 (up from 322)
  • Columi Gear – 330 (up from 326)
  • Thyrsian Gear – 328 (up from 326)
  • Legendary Implants – 334 (up from 330)

Moddable Gear

7.1 will include mods available at Item Ratings 328 and 330! To begin the process of unlocking the new mods, players should seek out Hyde and Zeek near the modification vendors in the Supplies section of the Fleet. Hyde and Zeek will require players to obtain and deconstruct items at Item Rating 328 and 330 to unlock purchasable mods at those Item Ratings respectively. Combined with Power Ceiling Increase, all players will have a chance to earn this moddable gear! Missions will be offered for Prototype and Artifact gear separately, so gather the best gear to unlock the best mods!

Reducing the Cost of Legendary Implants for Alts

We’ve developed a system for players to earn Legendary Implants easier for additional characters. 7.1 will include new Legacy of the Sith Achievements for upgrading two Legendary Implants up to Item Rating 330 and Item Rating 334. Once you have obtained this achievement, SN-4RK will reduce the cost of lower Item Rating Implants and Implant Upgrades for reduced Conquest Commendations (60, down from 100) and Tech Fragments (2500, down from 6500).

Planetary Vanity Gear

The addition of Combat Styles brought along changes to the gear players earn while leveling. With 7.1 we are adding vanity versions of the leveling gear to Planetary Vendors so players can pick and choose the looks for themselves and their companions, regardless of Origin Story or Combat Style.

Dyeable Versions of Thyrsian Gear

PvP players will notice Thyrsian Fitted Gear available for sale from the PvP Gear Vendor on the Fleet which have unlocked dye and modification slots. These items can be purchased using WZ-1 Accelerants and credits.

We hope you enjoy these updates and look forward to your feedback. See you on the Fleet!

PLZ remove the daily resources matrix. There is no FUN in forcing player farming daily ! OP, ZL, conquête are already farming content. No need to add a farming layer.

You should read my whole answer before asking such questions!

1. I'm playing the game since start and worked my a.. off for bis gear.

2. I'm guild master of 2 guilds which have been killed by 7.0

3. Before 7.0 we supported other guilds and single players with OP, FP, PVP etc.

4. I've started to reduce my activities to GSF, because of the crappy new gearing system.

5. I've canceled my sub so no need to worry about my comments anymore.

1. Not in 6.0 you didn't.

2. Ok cool.

3. So does every other guild?

4. But that is your decision? If you only GSF you don't need gear. If you want to play different content too, where gear might be needed you also wouldn't mind the "grind"

5. Reasonable

Seems that you didn't play the game since it started!!

over and over again.

1. This gearing system also works, it has you work for your gear so you can feel accomplished when you get it. In 6.0 you just got stuff for free, literally.

2. Then don't grind? You don't sound like the kind of person that requires gear, you want it. But if you don't want it for the prize tag attached to the gear, then don't get it.

3. There is no point 3. Are you the guy giving out Top3s by any chance? They seem to get this wrong everytime.

4. When was that? 4.0? When the game almost died? Yeah sounds like a great plan.

5. But you are saying it's "crappy", how is that any different?

See way I see it is that you don't have the time to get gear, but you don't see that if you don't have that time you wouldn't have time to do anything with it in the first place.

1. This gearing system also works, it has you work for your gear so you can feel accomplished when you get it. In 6.0 you just got stuff for free, literally.

In 7.0, if you do PVP or GSF you get your gear for free literally. Queue for content wait 15 minutes, get "gear". You don't have to be any good or really even make any effort, you just get the gear. It's easier than doing Coruscant Heroics.

And here we go again!

"and not needed changes" = removed abilities

I didn't say one word about content (story) or whatever.

You are gathering wrong evidence to justify your false statements, Sir.

You, Sir, behave like a guy who has been pulled over for driving too fast and trying to justify your wrongdoing by blaming the officer.

then write that, you complained about Gear, something that was always reworked when new things were implemented, sometimes a big rework sometimes not so big.

you complained about Bugs, something that was always brought into the Game with any Feature Patch.

and you didn't explain what unneeded changes you meant, so I assumed all things that are just small QOL stuff or things that only a small part of the Players benefit from.

if I wanted to complain about Ability pruning but keep it vague (for some reason?) I'd call it unwanted changes not unneeded but that's semantics I guess the issue was you being vague and anti Update, what SWTOR needs is more Updates not less.

1. Not in 6.0 you didn't.

2. Ok cool.

3. So does every other guild?

4. But that is your decision? If you only GSF you don't need gear. If you want to play different content too, where gear might be needed you also wouldn't mind the "grind"

5. Reasonable

2. Then don't grind? You don't sound like the kind of person that requires gear, you want it. But if you don't want it for the prize tag attached to the gear, then don't get it.

3. There is no point 3. Are you the guy giving out Top3s by any chance? They seem to get this wrong everytime.

4. When was that? 4.0? When the game almost died? Yeah sounds like a great plan.

5. But you are saying it's "crappy", how is that any different?

See way I see it is that you don't have the time to get gear, but you don't see that if you don't have that time you wouldn't have time to do anything with it in the first place.

I knew you'll attack me like you attack everyone else on the forum when it's about the new gearing.

Everyone knows that you're an op elitist, sir.

I had to work my a... off in 6.0, because I've a real life and a job,

So you're telling me that everyone like police officers, firefighters, paramedics,

members of the military, people with other jobs and people who are disabled / hampered

are "suckers", because they don't have the time / aren't able to grind the new gear????

By the way we don't want the new gear for free as you stated before!!!!!

Sir you sound like someone who has nothing better to do than sitting at home and playing the game (attacking others) all day long (24/7)!

then write that, you complained about Gear, something that was always reworked when new things were implemented, sometimes a big rework sometimes not so big.

you complained about Bugs, something that was always brought into the Game with any Feature Patch.

and you didn't explain what unneeded changes you meant, so I assumed all things that are just small QOL stuff or things that only a small part of the Players benefit from.

if I wanted to complain about Ability pruning but keep it vague (for some reason?) I'd call it unwanted changes not unneeded but that's semantics I guess the issue was you being vague and anti Update, what SWTOR needs is more Updates not less.

I won't argue with you anymore, because it's pointless!

Edited by Desplain

Bioware, you finally broke me. I was able to tolerate running the same heroics 3-4 times weekly just to get my main characters for each faction geared. Now not only can I not really gear my alts, I have no clue about what my main toon has. Manaan doesn't drop the matrices I need so likely I'll never will catch up... and I no longer care to try.

Little new story delivered late, changes few wanted, crap gearing, and a plethora of bugs... you know this really IS the perfect way to celebrate 10 years of SWTOR.

Bioware, you finally broke me. I was able to tolerate running the same heroics 3-4 times weekly just to get my main characters for each faction geared. Now not only can I not really gear my alts, I have no clue about what my main toon has. Manaan doesn't drop the matrices I need so likely I'll never will catch up... and I no longer care to try.

Little new story delivered late, changes few wanted, crap gearing, and a plethora of bugs... you know this really IS the perfect way to celebrate 10 years of SWTOR.

there's guides.

it boils down to:

get Gear by doing Weeklies on Character 1 once the Weeklies of the Content you like are done send all Gear to character two and do the Same again, same as it was in 6.x except it's not CXP based but from quest Rewards. There's also Vendors to Upgrade the Gear for the Currency you get while doing Weeklies.

once you have one character in 326 push one Blue Item to 330 get the Quest for 330 Blue Mods, finish that quest and Buy however many full sets of gear (- Setimplants) you want for Credits.

GSF will get you geared up the fastest but you need to get a Blue Item from a MM FP or a Veteran OP after getting your Items to 326, and currency from that content to get it to 330. (the Purple Mod Vendor only gives Enhancements, no Mods/Armorings/...)

the Setimplants can be bought once you do the Quest for it, again check the Guides.

"Sir" is just good behavior, believe it or not!

I'm not interested in your gender, sorry.

Who is interested in your raid teams and their gear?

Ohh I know the answer: no one!

You must be pretty smart if you believe to know what I want to spend my time on.

I won't argue with you anymore it's like talking to a concrete wall and the only thing you do is insulting people and that's a fact, period.

I just used me, as well as other people I know to give an example what can be done even if you have little free time on your hands. But you seem to get it, you said that "what I WANT to spend my time on", it's clearly not gearing - yet you sit here writing these needless posts, if you would spend the time on gearing you'd be 326 already. If you don't want to spend the time you can't complain you don't have gear.

Also you responding in red is lovely. Really supports your point.

Edited by ZUHFB