Mega Multiple Forums?!!

prettything

I would like to address the rather LARGE elephant in Star Forge, multiple guilds. Now I understand guilds having a main guild and an alt guild on each faction. Those guilds being courteous and only having the main guilds going for one yield and having their alt guilds going for the small yields, especially when they will not even show up on the top ten list, and there are several guilds that do that out of courtesy of other guilds out there. The issue I have is with a couple guilds that now have TEN or seven guilds!! Why? What is the reason for creating so many guilds? Why is SWTOR allowing such a thing? I’m not the only one that questions this.

There are so many smaller guilds out there, now unable to get on the top ten because these guilds are taking it over, which may cause those players to give up and possibly quit the game. A game is supposed to be fun, to be enjoyed, but it is hard to enjoy when there is someone trying to take over the whole server like that.

Now I can only think of a couple reasons for this happening. It could be either Histrionic personality disorder (HPD), Borderline personality disorder (BPD), Attention-seeking behavior, or narcissistic personality disorder. I am not a professional, but someone that worries about others.

I do suggest that SWTOR needs to do something about this taking over issue though. You have had several GMs/ Guilds that have been around for several years, spent a lot of time and money on this game, just to get overrun by a couple power hungry guilds. It could very well chase the smaller guilds away. Please do something about this?

:sul_confused:

For those interested in what I have mentioned above, here are a coupe links:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9743-histrionic-personality-disorder

https://www.verywellmind.com/attention-seeking-behavior-causes-traits-treatment-5213790

Edited by prettything

Why is SWTOR allowing such a thing?

How is SWTOR supposed to prevent it?

Now I can only think of a couple reasons for this happening. It could be either Histrionic personality disorder (HPD), Borderline personality disorder (BPD), Attention-seeking behavior, or narcissistic personality disorder. I am not a professional, but someone that worries about others.

If you're not a mental health professional, it's probably wise to avoid accusing people of mental health disorders.

Really.

I do not generally post on the forums (haven't for a long while now) but this caught my attention and I felt the need to speak up.

Someone who is trained in the mental health field is already very well aware not to do something like this. It is not just rude, but dangerous, to be throwing around diagnosis like that.

Even if mental health were an issue at hand, it's not up to Bioware, nor anyone else, to be responsible for it. What can be taken into account, however, is behavior. And sadly there is nothing against the ToS (that I'm aware of) to says someone can't create multiple guilds/communities.

Though I understand the frustration of the situation, the best you can do is potentially report the guild for any ToS breaking behavior. At worst, some of those guilds could potentially be credit-farmers/bots, if you think you have evidence to prove it.

Beyond that, in truth is the most you can do is focus on what is in your control. I doubt you're missing out on much by not having your guild be in the top 10. Until Bioware decides this is a problem, play the game in the way that works best for you. Again, yes, frustrating to be 'forced' out of some areas of the game, but it's a small detail in the bigger picture of things.