Disappointment in Malgus "Null" flashpoint story.

Shayddow

The story itself was OK. Where I was disappointed was there was absolutely NO difference between playing it as an Imperial and playing it thru as a Pub, except for the "stairs from hell" sequence near the end where the opposite faction is shooting at you. - and your (Inserted companion) Rivix vs Tau for Imp vs Rep.

Also, no difference between play thru as a loyalist or a saboteur. There was one light/dark choice at the end, but it wasn't a loyalist/saboteur type choice.

I would have liked to see Some more obvious differences in the story.

Also, as imperial - we are shoe-horned into opposition to the man JUST as we were on Ilum. I hoped that just as we did during Ossus, we would be able to support the man. I mean, for those of us who have played thru the flashpoints back in the day, he was the one who gave us directives, directions. All the way thru Vanilla story. And who presented a valid option in the Empire for a change in direction (inclusive of Aliens, etc.)

Then, at Ilum he strikes out on his own after the presumed death of Vitiate (seriously, that guy bounces back from death more than a yo-yo.) We are told subsequently during Makeb by Cytharet that Malgus is the one who made him Sith, and he (Cytharet) is "atoning" by working for the empire on Makeb. Then we don't hear anything about Malgus until there is a deleted scene of him going in carbonite in KOTFE, and then we finally have him show up in Ossus.

In "Null" there is one line where he tells us to "step aside". We are NOT given the opportunity to do just that. We are only forced to fight him.:(

• 3 weeks later...
The story itself was OK. Where I was disappointed was there was absolutely NO difference between playing it as an Imperial and playing it thru as a Pub, except for the "stairs from hell" sequence near the end where the opposite faction is shooting at you. - and your (Inserted companion) Rivix vs Tau for Imp vs Rep.

Also, no difference between play thru as a loyalist or a saboteur. There was one light/dark choice at the end, but it wasn't a loyalist/saboteur type choice.

I would have liked to see Some more obvious differences in the story.

I would just like to see more story and where this is heading. But I feel it's going to take bioware a long time, or we get random cutscenes talking to lana at a table as filler and call it a story.

• 2 months later...
Also, as imperial - we are shoe-horned into opposition to the man JUST as we were on Ilum.

In "Null" there is one line where he tells us to "step aside". We are NOT given the opportunity to do just that. We are only forced to fight him.:(

EXACTLY THIS.

I don't even get why we had to go after Malgus at all. The guy broke his chains, as every proper Sith should - I say good for him. :D Being Empress' personal lightning rod couldn't have been fun.

Presumably, if the Alliance is joined back with the Empire - Acina and the Council could theoretically order us to pursue Malgus. But what about if the alliance remains neutral-ish (as mine is)? Can't the MC just say "kriff you, look for him yourselves"?

As for what Malgus intends to do in the future - if it were up to me, my SW and his Alliance would just stay out of it. Possibly even help him, depending on the situation.

Edited by NemuriKyoshiro