R-4 Anomaly Operation and Manaan Daily Area on PTS

JackieKo

Alright. Time for a Pres post

When it comes to delays on content, I don't think we should be complaining. When Bioware rushes content is when it comes out with a ton of bugs. Trust me, give them the time they need so that we can get something that's fun. When it comes to R-4, please for the love of god give them time. Remember, Dxun was released with 6.0, and that raid remained a buggy mess all the way through nightmare. Let them do whatever they need to do to make R-4 the best raid it can be, I'd rather wait for a great raid then not wait and get a barely clearable mess.

Here's my opinion on Valeo next. I know we all miss Valeo, but removing him was the right choice. Here's what we knew about him, he was going to take place in a similar arena to the first boss of Umbara, and there were many clickable objects as well. TLDR: This fight was gonna be laggy, and it was gonna be very buggy, and all around not a great time. It was an ambitious boss, and it would be really cool if we could see it, (Maybe even as a Nightmare only boss). They made the right choice to not include him, the raid is much improved if every boss works.

Let's talk about the endboss now. It is on its first iteration on PTS, much is likely to change so being all "this fight bad" is frankly just pure idiocy. Currently, since it is also a SM boss, it dies during its early phases, meaning you actually never get to see the mechanics that make the fight quite a bit more complex. You can also clear storymode without even doing the mechanics. It will improve in HM, trust.

340 gear. I mean this just means I can do sales again. When it comes to power level, 340 gear STILL won't make us even close to as powerful as we were in 6.0, meaning everything for the fact of the matter is still fine in terms of scaling. Sure it will be easier, but it still will be harder than it was in last expansion. Another reminder, in 5.0 we went from 242 max to 258 max throughout the expansion, and even with that the 6.0 expansion was still easier. Augments will obviously increase our output too, but like I said, whatever. I wouldn't worry about not getting NiM either, we always get NiM, they plan to do NiM. Gods wasn't supposed to get a NiM and it did anyways, Dxun had one planned from the start, and as is R-4. I trust we will get nightmare, the HM fights are built in a way to where we know they have room to add things for NiM.

The devs communicate, your last statement is objectively false for the most part. Surely it can be improved, but they do talk. I've gotten many of my ideas into the game by this point, and many of them were a big deal. I did this by giving my opinions as not a forum babyrage. I assure you this game is currently fine, people are just taking breaks until 7.1, and they will be back for 7.1 and beyond.

Hi!

At first I remind you that the Operation should already have been present 1 month after the release of the extension in December, that is to say January.

The delayed expansion we could have hoped for, even HAVE the operation on time, except it is not ready and worse a boss is removed! I can't understand how anyone can accept this without saying anything knowing that there is no apology, compensation or anything from the Devs, we just have to say Amen and congratulations for the work done ? No, I defended them enough on the previous expansions despite the errors, but we are reaching a far too high level of errors.

I consider that each player has the right to explanations, and to have the complete operation!

For Valeo, why a good choice? As I said all this should have already been ready, so without explanation I cannot accept. We have one less Boss, what will be next?

Lady Dominic? It is presented as innovative, and having only the SM, it is to start with this mode that we should see the innovation out of it is not the case. We avoided burning the Boss precisely to try to see all the mechanics so no I'm not talking without having read the mechanics around him.

Certainly it's a 1st iteration but all the mechanics wanted in SM are there, they are already late I completely doubt that he adds or removes mechanics, so apart from the scale nothing will really move, and so I repeat it for me and my group, the Boss is not totally bad but not innovative as it is presented.

To believe that they are trying to present it to us like this to make Lord Valeo disappear more easily.

So all you care about is resuming sales runs? How is it possible to be taken seriously after this sentence seriously? I remind you once again that the content of the game will not be rescaled (Words of the Devs) so the more we advance the more powerful we will be, and having such a large increase in power all at once will make the content of the game completely obsolete when next mounts of ilvl (No more Dirty run since people will be able to roll on the content with the head)

The 5.0, yes from 242 to 258 but not in 1 patch, and that took time which made the old content simple only at the end of the extension.

If the ZL, Operation, etc. content were more regular, that wouldn't be a problem, but that's not the case, we have to wait 1 year or more each time to have the entire Operation (SM, HM, NiM )

Gods was supposed to have a NiM when it was announced, but then the NiM was dropped so that eventually some people at Bioware insisted on keeping the NiM as promised.

And with what happens for R4; the delay, 1 less boss, bugs etc. it is not absurd to doubt a future NiM.

The Operation and the Bosses (R4) are fun, I like the atmosphere, the bosses, the difficulty (in HM) but it's far from the expected innovation, and one of the bosses that could have been the no longer ambitious. So yes, I no longer defend the Devs on these errors.

If the development is so complicated, why not go back to paid extensions, they have shown in the past that they can make content with paid extensions!

For the last point, no I don't think they communicate, we have almost as much response as when only Musco was on the Forum. The messages present at the moment are to tell us that they have seen the bug(s) but almost nothing else, with all the worries at the moment, more communication is needed, a roadmap, explanations on what is happening ! We are at the 10th anniversary and the game is doing worse compared to previous years.

You may have a discord with the Devs which allows you to affirm that they communicate?

And no, it's not to rage or anything, but when you invest time for a game you like it's normal to expect the minimum announced, and this is not the case for SWTOR!

Hi!

At first I remind you that the Operation should already have been present 1 month after the release of the extension in December, that is to say January.

The delayed expansion we could have hoped for, even HAVE the operation on time, except it is not ready and worse a boss is removed! I can't understand how anyone can accept this without saying anything knowing that there is no apology, compensation or anything from the Devs, we just have to say Amen and congratulations for the work done ? No, I defended them enough on the previous expansions despite the errors, but we are reaching a far too high level of errors.

I consider that each player has the right to explanations, and to have the complete operation!

For Valeo, why a good choice? As I said all this should have already been ready, so without explanation I cannot accept. We have one less Boss, what will be next?

Lady Dominic? It is presented as innovative, and having only the SM, it is to start with this mode that we should see the innovation out of it is not the case. We avoided burning the Boss precisely to try to see all the mechanics so no I'm not talking without having read the mechanics around him.

Certainly it's a 1st iteration but all the mechanics wanted in SM are there, they are already late I completely doubt that he adds or removes mechanics, so apart from the scale nothing will really move, and so I repeat it for me and my group, the Boss is not totally bad but not innovative as it is presented.

To believe that they are trying to present it to us like this to make Lord Valeo disappear more easily.

So all you care about is resuming sales runs? How is it possible to be taken seriously after this sentence seriously? I remind you once again that the content of the game will not be rescaled (Words of the Devs) so the more we advance the more powerful we will be, and having such a large increase in power all at once will make the content of the game completely obsolete when next mounts of ilvl (No more Dirty run since people will be able to roll on the content with the head)

The 5.0, yes from 242 to 258 but not in 1 patch, and that took time which made the old content simple only at the end of the extension.

If the ZL, Operation, etc. content were more regular, that wouldn't be a problem, but that's not the case, we have to wait 1 year or more each time to have the entire Operation (SM, HM, NiM )

Gods was supposed to have a NiM when it was announced, but then the NiM was dropped so that eventually some people at Bioware insisted on keeping the NiM as promised.

And with what happens for R4; the delay, 1 less boss, bugs etc. it is not absurd to doubt a future NiM.

The Operation and the Bosses (R4) are fun, I like the atmosphere, the bosses, the difficulty (in HM) but it's far from the expected innovation, and one of the bosses that could have been the no longer ambitious. So yes, I no longer defend the Devs on these errors.

If the development is so complicated, why not go back to paid extensions, they have shown in the past that they can make content with paid extensions!

For the last point, no I don't think they communicate, we have almost as much response as when only Musco was on the Forum. The messages present at the moment are to tell us that they have seen the bug(s) but almost nothing else, with all the worries at the moment, more communication is needed, a roadmap, explanations on what is happening ! We are at the 10th anniversary and the game is doing worse compared to previous years.

You may have a discord with the Devs which allows you to affirm that they communicate?

And no, it's not to rage or anything, but when you invest time for a game you like it's normal to expect the minimum announced, and this is not the case for SWTOR!

Let me ask you a few simple questions, would you rather be playing a raid that is unfinished and not ready for release, that is horribly unfun because of it? Or would you rather be patient and get something amazing?

I'm also a player who believed 6.0 was the worst thing to ever plague this game (right next to the no raid expansion known as 4.0). I understand being upset, I understand the fact that you feel like you deserve better. There are not many people working on these raids, and this game is damn impressive for the amount of people who work on it.

Going back to the raid that should have been ready, game companies fall behind on schedule, this is especially the case in swtor. Nightmare Dxun was also delayed by about a month or so to help it become playable. They set out to release 7.0 with certain aspirations, and they could not get everything done before they said. This was communicated through the forums near perfectly, with the fact that they'd need extra time to make 7.0 playable, time to make stuff such as weapon outfitter work, and extra time to build R-4. Its just a simple part of development, they need time. Even the Dragonsong raid in final fantasy got delayed by a year because it wasn't ready. THIS HAPPENS. Remember Cyberpunk 2077? How long that got delayed?

Valeo was likely removed due to similarities to the Umbara train boss. I don't think I need to explain myself further on why this was such a great choice.

For your experience with Dominique, just because you slowed damage, it doesn't mean you actually executed an early mechanic that pushes the phase forward properly. It sounds like you guys sat and waited for them all to happen rather than executing them to push to later stages of the fight.

"Roll over the content" - You overestimate the effect of gear. At most we are getting 350 item levels. Keep this in mind as well, to get the new gear, players will still have to clear the current content in current gear. As someone who has had the legacy raids on farm for years, my only interest in doing them is to sell them. We already cleared the bundle within the first couple weeks before even hitting 330. Also, you called my sale runs "dirty runs". Common in all MMOs speech goes here.

242 went to 248. This honestly barely changed who was clearing raids and who were not

248 to 258, yea this changed a bit of who could clear raids. It was a lot easier, but I wouldn't call it faceroll easy for anyone. Sure, our gear increases are a little higher with augments this tier, but I don't think we'll reach a level where we can stomp on every raid. I think that is just delusion and/or trying to find talking points that are quite meaningless in terms of our little discussion. Another thing they also wrote initially with the removal of nim crystals. It was specifically stated that we will eventually become a lot more powerful than we could achieve in 6.0 - This is something they told us. So yes, inevitably we will be more powerful than 306 garbo scaling + crystals. This won't happen at item level 350, but perhaps later on.

Innovation: Compare these bosses to their counterparts in Dxun. Are these not more complex, interesting, innovative, just more going on, more cool things to do? Each boss in this raid has its own niche, rather than being just a tank&spank, or whatever else. Gods was also announced to not have a NiM initially (I may have had a typo in my original post), we went into SM/HM expecting HM to be the most we got. We also got that limited time event for HM Izax, making it seem like that was it. NiM was indeed a pleasant surprise from Keith. (IF you read this Keith i love you).

Also your stance on bugginess of a PTS raid. PTS means Public TEST Server. There are gonna be bugs, we are there to find them, then report them. PTS wasn't made for us to raid for fun and do progression.

Final thoughts, we are also currently having our discussion on the forum thread where Jakkie posts about PTS updates. This is where the communication happens. I never felt in the dark about things here. If you are this upset about the game, I suggest not playing it anymore. Spreading your type of energy and frankly just being rude towards the people who are honestly trying their best here is simply ugly. Nobody is forcing you to play this game, and its population is still very healthy even with delays.

Let me ask you a few simple questions, would you rather be playing a raid that is unfinished and not ready for release, that is horribly unfun because of it? Or would you rather be patient and get something amazing?

I'm also a player who believed 6.0 was the worst thing to ever plague this game (right next to the no raid expansion known as 4.0). I understand being upset, I understand the fact that you feel like you deserve better. There are not many people working on these raids, and this game is damn impressive for the amount of people who work on it.

If I may, we all agree we prefer playing a finished game with as less bugs as possible. But you just said it : there are not many people working on these raids (on the game at all ?). Is it a problem by itself ? Of course not and we all are grateful for the work accomplished over the years. BUT this is a 10 years old game, 10 years of releases management, 10 years of new content developpement. After all these years, what is the point in announcing impossible release dates ?

Going back to the raid that should have been ready, game companies fall behind on schedule, this is especially the case in swtor. Nightmare Dxun was also delayed by about a month or so to help it become playable. They set out to release 7.0 with certain aspirations, and they could not get everything done before they said. This was communicated through the forums near perfectly, with the fact that they'd need extra time to make 7.0 playable, time to make stuff such as weapon outfitter work, and extra time to build R-4. Its just a simple part of development, they need time. Even the Dragonsong raid in final fantasy got delayed by a year because it wasn't ready. THIS HAPPENS. Remember Cyberpunk 2077? How long that got delayed?

Yes this happens, but as veteran SWTOR player, it was pretty obvious the 7.0 game changes + new content is a HUGE challenge for our "small" devs team. Yes this happens, but delaying the release the week before launch should not, as many players subscribed back already. We got the CGI then in February, and it was awesone, but in my mind it's not appropriate. It's too many promises for what the game can give. I love this game but check the known issues, the delays and now the content cancel. Respecting the players should be the main thing that matters and I'm sorry to write they're not.

To push my thoughts further, I sadly think that the main reason why the game is still alive today is because it's Star Wars game. No matter the bugs, no matter the delays, no matter the extensions releases rythm, no matter the subscription, as long as the servers will be online, players will enjoy.

As a game manager, once you said that, what do you think is the plan ? Maximum effort on cartel market of course, Star wars fans will buy skins/mounts/decorations for sure. I canno't help thinking that somewhere upper the devs team, the objective is to make the more money with the less spend ressources, as long as possible.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hi The-Kaitou-Kid,

Everything you are experiencing is working as intended. The decrease is tied to gear rating and the level of a character.

For example, if you had 306 gear, you would not see the decrease on a level 75 character (or even up to a level 78 character). But at level 80, you'll need to be wearing at least 318 rated gear to avoid the "old gear" penalty in Level Sync. This penalty exists to encourage players to upgrade their gear to be appropriate for their current level and to discourage the use of old gear in Level Sync to gain unintended benefits from the system.

I hope that offers some clarity.

Does the penalty only occure once you hit level 80? I ask because you can't get the 320 gear till 80 and most of my characters that I'm leveling now will hit 80 before they get to the LotS quests so won't get the 318 gear from it.

Does the penalty only occure once you hit level 80? I ask because you can't get the 320 gear till 80 and most of my characters that I'm leveling now will hit 80 before they get to the LotS quests so won't get the 318 gear from it.

yeah her statement isn't clear since she says even up to lvl 78

And here I was hoping things would get better without Chris around anymore

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

A new phase of PTS has been pushed live. Veteran mode for Lady Dominique is now available for testing! Please use the Lady Dominique feedback thread to provide feedback on your experience and don't forget to indicate that you were playing Story or Veteran mode.

Please also make sure that you read through the known issues and changelog before trying testing things out on PTS. I've noted new and updated messaging accordingly.

Thanks!

So, instead of tying AE damage reduce to a raidbuff with 5 minutes CD, you decided to tie it to a 30 sec / 1 min cd respectively with only a 30% reduction in damage taken while leaving comparable melee DPS classes with a 60% reduce on a 45 sec CD that has no other uses than damage reduce while Marauders might want to use Predation for specific situations as is needed by the group, not only the Marauder.

What is the goal of the design? Are DPS supposed to have a reliable way to reduce AE damage taken or not? If yes - then equalize it across the board, otherwise you cannot design any encounter properly as you'd have to assume all DPS being equal or drastically reduce the effectiveness of certain DPS specs (which seeing how little you give a damn about the poor Merc bastards might be your goal). If they're not supposed to have it or are supposed to sacrifice something for it, then what is the point of the current design decisions?

Why can't you think these things through instead of just guess-working your way to some result without ever having asked and tried to answer what it even is you're trying to do? Did you really need a bunch of us Marauders to tell you that a 5 minute CD for a crappy 30% reduce was too long? Do you now really need a bunch of us Marauders to tell you that 60% reduce on 45 sec at will is strictly better than 30% reduce on 1 minute / 30 sec that are not at will? Really? :rak_02:

Seems like the "gear penalty" is at the very least no longer applied to Accuracy and Alacrity on level synced planets. Thank you for fixing that. Seems like you should now retain your Accuracy and Alacrity (and presumably the tank stat that's no longer synced, I think that's Shield Rating?) on all planets no matter what gear you're wearing.

Now, any chance of possibly seeing some iteration on the Shard of Mortis tactical for Combat/Carnage? If you can get that tactical into a state where it's a positive impact on our playstyle as opposed to a negative one, this update would actually have me excited.

I posted some suggestions here, the one I'm most keen on is just divorcing any change to Blade Rush/Massacre's cost from the hyper stacks and making it a blanket -1 on the Rage/Focus cost for Blade Rush/Massacre all the time. That'd help us tremendously without allowing you to spam Blade Rush/Massacre forever since it'd still always have a cost. The crit rate would probably need to be lowered to compensate for the tactical no longer having a downside, but the biggest concern here from me is to help our resource management instead of making it worse. As it stands, playing with the Shard of Mortis tactical feels awful for me and makes the class drastically less fun to play.

• Dev Post
Hi everyone,

A new phase of PTS has been pushed live today. Please see the changelog for all the newest updates/adjustments.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We will be taking PTS down before EOD today. Thank you to everyone who participated in this last phase of 7.1 PTS. Appreciate the feedback and reports that were submitted. If you still have yet to post or PM any VODs of your experiences with the R-4 bosses, please feel free to send them.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We will be taking PTS down before EOD today. Thank you to everyone who participated in this last phase of 7.1 PTS. Appreciate the feedback and reports that were submitted. If you still have yet to post or PM any VODs of your experiences with the R-4 bosses, please feel free to send them.

Thanks!

And we will see r4 in 2023 :cool:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Does this mean this was the last phase of PTS before 7.1, or will there be another one?

• Dev Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Follow up note. The team wanted to express their thanks to all the players who streamed/provided VODs throughout this PTS cycle. The insight and feedback gained from them was very helpful.

And we will see r4 in 2023 :cool:

As I posted before, 7.1 is currently targeting mid-summer. That has not changed.

Does this mean this was the last phase of PTS before 7.1, or will there be another one?

This was the last phase of 7.1 PTS.

As I posted before, 7.1 is currently targeting mid-summer. That has not changed.

It's July and you don't have a firm date what 'mid-summer' means, just like you don't have a firm date for Nightlife. And if it does happen to change, based on previous experience, you'll let us know a week before perhaps. And you wonder why players snark at yellow text communication. BW has a poor track record of both living up to their deadlines and letting the playerbase know in reasonable time. There has been no livestream and no communication acknowledging the current state of the game.

My personal bet is 7.1 drops sometime in October.

Edited by Ardrossan

It's July and you don't have a firm date what 'mid-summer' means, just like you don't have a firm date for Nightlife. And if it does happen to change, based on previous experience, you'll let us know a week before perhaps. And you wonder why players snark at yellow text communication. BW has a poor track record of both living up to their deadlines and letting the playerbase know in reasonable time. There has been no livestream and no communication acknowledging the current state of the game.

I'm thinking first week or two of august. But who knows how bioware thinks. I really wish the developers would just post something.

I'm thinking first week or two of august. But who knows how bioware thinks. I really wish the developers would just post something.

Well not much work is getting done. Their how far behind now on all the "promises" they said they'd give us in their last live stream. The only thing they delivered on was combat styles and ui change they had a slew of other things planned.

Development is hard when you don't know what your doing. It's apparent there's not enough actual work going on over there.

According to Google, "mid-summer" is July 23rd or 24th... which means we should hear there will be a 3 month delay on July 22nd. high five! :D

But for realsies, I guess I'll be OK ish with it as long as they iron out as many bugs as possible so it's achtchually possible to play the thing AND complete it.