7.1 Balance Changes and Plan

ChrisDurel

So all of this changes only apply to the empire classes?

Yes! PT is already stronger than VG, but Sage is stronger than Sorc. It's only fair empire side gets a few buffs - all of this is not intended btw.

Obviously rep side will also get those changes but rep side (considering all things) is already stronger than imperial.

• 2 weeks later...
Bro this is a range class and your nerfing it w this tactical making a 30m range class now have to be within 8m since the "heat out of u"

Your a poor designer go back to the drawing board learn the classes your supposed to design. This is just Beyond terrible.

You a game designer making a melee tactical for a range character like ???? DUDE

Your supposed to know how classes are designed and you clearly do not.

This is why the game is I'm its worst state it has been since launch. All rhe grownups left and the kids are mismanaging the house.

Get someone who actually knows what their doing.

If you're going to straight out write a comment like this. Could you at least do it professionally and written like an Adult? You wrote a post like an angry kid. Not disagreeing with you, but they wont read your post seriously if you make it like you yourself are a joke.

If you're going to straight out write a comment like this. Could you at least do it professionally and written like an Adult? You wrote a post like an angry kid. Not disagreeing with you, but they wont read your post seriously if you make it like you yourself are a joke.

The joke is thinking that any AOE tactical could make arsenal good again.

Shard of Mortis - Using Massacre / Blade Rush adds Hyper stacks to you, increasing your critical chance by 25% per stack and increasing the cost of your next Massacre / Blade Rush by 1 rage / focus per stack, up to 3. When you deal damage with another ability, Hyper is removed.

INCREASES THE COST? I could care less about the crit. I want my resource management back. I lose SO MUCH SO FAST. I would GLADLY sacrifice crit for a more solid rotation that doesn't nuke my resource management. I specifically swapped of Carnage after playing it since starting the game because of the 7.0 nerfs. This doesn't help it. 8 years of carnage/combat main, glad I'm on Madness main now. RIP Combat and Carnage.

The "replacement" for Fanged God is beyond worthless. Why would anyone take a tactical that makes focus management even worse for a class that already has severe issues with it?!

As everyone also mentioned, the buffs to Commando (both DPS specs) are not enough.

Also as mentioned, a tactical for a ranged class that has to be used in melee distance?! I'm genuinely curious as to what thinking concluded with "this is a good idea."

I notice you guys said "you have looked at our feedback". Clearly you didn't care about it, because 7.1 is going live now without a single change to your original post. Not one single suggestion was taken into consideration.

Devs, if you are baffled as to why the playerbase gets angry with you, this is a great example.

Edited by Wurble

Snipers not having a single little off heal is a joke. Sniper is just made of paper when gets some focused,forcing either to holocate teleport or just pray for a healer to save ur ***.

Suggestions :

1- Covered escape should heal snipers for 10% hp as it was b4.

2- Shield probe should give snipers a % of dmg reduction and not that almost worthless dmg reduction it does now. I'd say shield probe should give us like 10-15% dmg reducion.Then it could even gets a 45 sec.

3- Entrench cd should be 40-45secs without the ability tree choice, and not 1m like it is now.

4- We shouldnt be choosing between balistic shield and holocate. Swap balistic shield on 68 ability choices with augmented shields on 73.

OR u can just give us a entrench with 20-25 secs cd and a passive little off heal while entrenched, plus the 4th suggestion above.

Edited by DougTheNoob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello: RE: changes to Merc Bodyguard / Tacticals / Heat.

Sorry, no. This 100% misunderstands the issues at hand and an emergency vent on a tactical will *never* be chosen over the current Supercharged Gas Meta.

The entire tactical needs scrapping and the abilitiy (ranged 8 target AoE centered on player with limited heat vent) moved to lvl 73 "Afterburners". This forces a choice between advanced heat dissipation (good for raids) vrs Trauma Regulators (personal RCD, good for everything).

Absolutely no-one is going to choose an emergency vent vrs the current Super-charged Gas meta because the issue with Merc Bodyguard healing is DURATION and SUSTAINABILITY. You gain far far more viability from a constant trickle of super-charge than from a long heat timer.

This is not an issue for ARSENEL, so the current tactical meta, ticking burn.... is not going to get chosen for a situational heat vent. Your DPS just went down two tiers for 100% no benefit.

You have designed a tactical that is useless.

100% this is bad design. Move the tactical abilitties to the Lvl 73 Afterburners skill, it's a skill that IS ONLY EVER CHOSEN FOR SINGULAR OPS (thinking ToS Blade tossing etc, maybe KP HM puzzle). Make it useful, force a viable (i.e. cost balanced) choice for the lvl 73 tier skills. Or you know, think outside the box, and offer the players a self-stun at 100% heat already - Gyroscopic Aligment Jets is 100% useless, if you gave the players a skill that self-stunned for X duration @ 100% heat while dissippating 50 heat it might work. At the moment, it is never used, which is a great sign your skill tree needs work.

I repeat: you do not understand why 100% of merc healers are using the double-supercharged gas meta if you think this tactical works in any way, nor do you understand ARSENEL DPS.

I'll make this simple: ARSENAL MERCS DO NOT SUFFER HEAT ISSUES AS DPS. NADA, DOESN'T HAPPEN, NOT HOW IT IS PLAYED.

Bodyguards.... DO.

Bodyguard Mercenaries will receive a new Tactical based on their old Rocket Fuel Vapors item

Kolto Vapors - The Kolto Pods left by Kolto Missile / Kolto Bomb last a second longer and heal for an additional 5%.

Just lol. Seriously, LOL.

This is a tactical? No-one takes the pods part of kolto missile seriously. It's a 3k tick (if you crit) joke. 5% of 3k is.... 100% a waste of a database space. It is used for the x2 19-20k tick for DPS you're not focus Healing scan on. That's it.

Whoever designed this is not actually playing the game. Period. It might help in EV SM raids if you're the only healer. That's it. Since you apparently don't understand your own game, 100% of bodyguards use SC-4 scanner tactical + Random Charge Package to maximise the 10 heat vent on super-charged gas.

They will not be giving it up for a +5% to a 3k tick, ever.

~

Move the proposed Arsenel tactical to the skill, and actually play your own game.

Edited by CatrinTheWonk

Carnage Marauders are receiving a new Tactical to replace Fanged God Form

Shard of Mortis - Using Massacre / Blade Rush adds Hyper stacks to you, increasing your critical chance by 25% per stack and increasing the cost of your next Massacre / Blade Rush by 1 rage / focus per stack, up to 3. When you deal damage with another ability, Hyper is removed.

Again, a tactical that might be used only because the current selection for Carn Maras is so bad.

1) A decent Carn Mara is rage intensive, but the old "spam x3 massacres to build" meta is ancient news. Adding a feature that makes them more rage intensive is 100% dumb as rocks. You just broke all the rotations for a +25% crit chance on a filler attack. Yay!

2) 330+ Mara Carns are already swimming in +crit chance.

3) Seriously, what is this supposed to even do for Mara Carns? A tactical that gave some bonuses to ranged attacks (DB / DST / VT) might be an interesting balanced choice versus Andeddus Mal. which... every Mara chooses because all the other tacticals are useless.

You just added a tactical that sucks more rage from the build, thus lowering the DPS, throwing off all the rotations, for a +25% crit on a filler. 100% amazing work.

100% no Mara Carns will use this.

Edited by CatrinTheWonk

Carnage Marauders are receiving a new Tactical to replace Fanged God Form

Again, a tactical that might be used only because the current selection for Carn Maras is so bad.

1) A decent Carn Mara is rage intensive, but the old "spam x3 massacres to build" meta is ancient news. Adding a feature that makes them more rage intensive is 100% dumb as rocks. You just broke all the rotations for a +25% crit chance on a filler attack. Yay!

2) 330+ Mara Carns are already swimming in +crit chance.

3) Seriously, what is this supposed to even do for Mara Carns? A tactical that gave some bonuses to ranged attacks (DB / DST / VT) might be an interesting balanced choice versus Andeddus Mal. which... every Mara chooses because all the other tacticals are useless.

You just added a tactical that sucks more rage from the build, thus lowering the DPS, throwing off all the rotations, for a +25% crit on a filler. 100% amazing work.

100% no Mara Carns will use this.

This is an old post. The tactical is live, meta and not even bad.

As a general note, I've only commented on classes I have played to 330+.

But these tacticals are terrible and no decent QA would have let them through the alpha stage.

All three: a) do nothing good for the class, b) do not challenge the current meta in any significant way and c) are actively worse than the current meta, thus will never be used.

It is obvious that Chris (and team) do not actually play Mercenaries / Mara Carns in any fashion at all.

And yet:

1) I've never heard of "Shard of Mortis" as a tactical and no-one ingame has ever recommended it. On checking it is in the shop, but... everyone uses AM.

2) It is never mentioned in discussions, and it is not used. No guide recommends it.

3) Why is it being introduced as a new 7.1.1 tactical when it already exists?

All of these strongly suggest my initial analysis.. is correct and has been proven by player experience. All of these additions did:

1) Not change the meta

2) Are not used

so..

3) Why are the dev team wasting time adding useless stuff to the DB that is never used if they understand their own game?

4) This all suggests they do not.

QED.

~

I was actually looking for the new 7.1.1 patch notes / changes. The fact an "old post" is the top sticky is kinda telling.

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/08112022/game-update-7.1a -- does not have the new patch details in it. Aka, are Operative Healers being nerfed?

Edited by CatrinTheWonk

Gonna say this one: Having looked at these changes and the skill trees, 100% Chris isn't doing his job properly.

There are literally entire skill trees where entire selections are never taken, for multiple combat styles. The stuff suggested for tacticals (as discussed in the first post) are 100% skill tree discussions. If this happens, 100% you've failed in your design brief.

Tacticals should modify or extend already existing skill tree choices not function as band-aids.

And the less said about all the "gives 3% reduction" on implants the better.

You do you. Shard of Mortis is BiS and I do not know what AM even is, the only other really useful marauder tacticals are defel spliced genes and hidden power to build rage.

Look, you are not even looking at the correct changes. Nothing of this is new, all you linked and said is old. If you want to look at the new changes you have to look in classes.