What happened to Hatred?

waisting

A the end of 6.0 and early in 7.0 I was putting up some really solid DPS as Hatred, and was consistently top or near the top of the dps charts in every warzone. Running story mode ops I was parsing quite well - comparable with other high dps output specs. I don't run any harder ops so can't compare higher than that.

But as of the last hotfix or two, things have changed for the worse and severely. I have never seen myself at the bottom of the dps charts in warzones, but it's happening consistently and I have changed nothing. Near the top in kills, but somehow in the same match near the bottom in damage.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I've had to start playing other classes to stay competitive or contribute, sadly. Hatred was my favorite spec in the game.

Edited by waisting

That's kind of strange, Hatred parses a lot even on single targets. And in warzones dotspread and Death Field should bring that even higher, so you should be pretty high up the damage numbers still.

Recently there was a bug with AoEs and dotspreads not working correctly, but that was fixed in the last update (on May 5th). This could be the reason why you were putting up low numbers for a bit, Hatred should do fine now.

• 5 months later...

You are and aren't doing anything wrong. The truth is that while hatred still does ok especially when you can dot spread, basically every other class has gotten such significant dps boosts that hatred is now pretty much at the bottom of the rung unless you're pretty much an expert player, all it has left for anyone who's not at that level of play is dot spreading, if that. hatred is now so squishy even really bad players playing pretty much any other class can beat you or give you a very hard time, and thats in part due to the fact that classes have so much burst and cc now that hatred just cannot keep up with it. I've suggested heavily boosting Leeching strike and maybe making it unable to miss to give the class some more survivability and on demand damage as without it hatred crumbles in 2.3 seconds. 
The devs need to start listening to their players but that's pretty much a pipe and a dream at this point. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...