Did they do away with the advanced class quest?

Tashfin

Returning player but i have not played for almost a decade . Did they remove the advanced class quest? I can not seem to find Ostar-Gal! an i just want to know if i am stuck on stupid ...

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, kgaydos said:

What you are thinking of now is one of three choices for each class.  You can switch between them at any cantina.  Or spend a few CC to unlock on the fly

It was not worth the necroing

In the past you would select a general class for the story (let's say, Sith Inquisitor, or Sith Warrior), do the starter planet on it, get to the fleet, and there choose an "advanced class" (so Sith Marauder or Sith Juggernaut), and then you could choose a spec like today, so focused on dps, dot, etc, leveling you'd gain points and you could spend them on traits, in a 4-tier level system.

It was pretty cool, though admittedly more complex than today's system, where you start directly with an advanced class not related to the story and you have a specific skill tree.

That's why on the fleet there's a section (on "Combat Training" iirc) with 4 rooms with the symbols on the classes and, apart from the trainers, 'random' npcs. Those were the old advance class trainers.