Weapon Outiftter Doesn't work with Combat Styles

MaximusRex

When I change my Combat Style it breaks my Outfits with Weapons stamped on them. People are saying that is intended, but I don't think anyone is incompetent enough to design something like that on purpose, so it is obviously a bug. Please Fix it ASAP.

I just switched my combat style with loadout. Then I stamped my weapons on the outfitter and the game froze and crashed the moment I clicked the button. It literally closed the game.

edited: I just did the same thing with another outfit and the game crashed again. Both times it was on my marauder combat style using the fractured ashla saber and ancient force imbued saber.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao
same problem 2 times

When I change my Combat Style it breaks my Outfits with Weapons stamped on them. People are saying that is intended, but I don't think anyone is incompetent enough to design something like that on purpose, so it is obviously a bug. Please Fix it ASAP.

Not only that, but you have to pay everytime when you repair it. It's not a lot of credits - once. But when you have to do it over and over again, it can get expensive. Of course the annoyance having to fix it every time doesn't help either, it's just easier to not use it at all.

So yes, it needs fixing.

yeah, it doesnt work.

i have 2 different combat styles, one uses lightsaber and other uses double bladed lightsaber.

can only use one weapon in outfitter.

best solution for all players.... bring back the modifications for armor, main- and sidehands.

so all problem solved and weapons outfitter no one need anymore.

Edited by FWSWBN

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for the reports regarding the crashing issues with Weapons in Outfitter.

Our team is currently looking into it. It seems that the crash is linked to the Fractured Ashla Lightsaber. I invite you to answer this thread if you encounter the same issue with a different weapon.

Thank you!

I filed a Bug Report on this yesterday.

I added a Bogan saber to a character outfit and when I committed the change the game froze and crashed.

Later I added Ashla saber to a different character and again, the game froze and crashed when hitting Commit in Outfitter.

My issue isn't due to switching weapons thru Combat Styles, but this may help narrow down what's creating the issue since both the Bogan & Ashla sabers alone can create a game crash just by adding them to the outfitter.

Edited by Menis_SC

What the outfitter needs is TWO SETS OF WEAPON SLOTS, not just one. This way, you can slot two distinct, incompatible weapons that are appropriate to each of the two "classes" the character can have. Then the outfitter just needs to select the weapon slot that matches the actually-equipped weapon(s). If they both match, select the one in a "preferred" slot.

That would eliminate the issues with loadout and combat-style switching while using an outfit whose mainhand (and possibly offhand) don't match the combat style. It would also allow us to use the same outfit in multiple combat styles without having to pay to change the outfit every time.

If, in the future, characters are allowed to have three or more "classes", then the outfitter should also add the same number of weapon slot pairs.

Also, to CommunityTeam: Please don't tunnel-vision on the crash issue with the Fractured Ashla Lightsaber and ignore the first poster's reported problem. When you select an outfit that has a weapon in it and then select a combat style and weapon that is different, you effectively lose the "Weapons in Outfitter" functionality which is not the expected or desired behavior.

If I set up a character as, for instance, switchable between Shadow and Sage, I shouldn't have to make distinct outfits for single-bladed and double-bladed lightsabers, effectively requiring me to set up double the number of outfits.

Edited by DZechman

• 1 year later...

I just bought the ashla saber and the crash issue the devs mention above is definitely still happening, so far the game has instantly crashed when I equipped 2 ashlas onto a sentinal outfit, when I switched back to the sentinal loadout with ashlas after being on another loadout, and when I switched back to a sage loadout with 1 ashla after being on another loadout (it did NOT crash when I initially put the ashla onto the sage loadout though).  😔  it was a very expensive and gorgeous saber, big sad if the game is gonna crash any time I switch loadouts to one that has it equipped.

Edited by cannibithobbal

On 4/26/2022 at 6:13 PM, ronin_chi_lao said:

I just switched my combat style with loadout. Then I stamped my weapons on the outfitter and the game froze and crashed the moment I clicked the button. It literally closed the game.

edited: I just did the same thing with another outfit and the game crashed again. Both times it was on my marauder combat style using the fractured ashla saber and ancient force imbued saber.

I'm sorry how can I go about replicating this bug? I don't use layouts very much so I'm a little bit confused