326 Implant ability and tank skilltree choice redundant? (deflection buff)

Mephesh

Tank assasin/shadow

Deflection skill (increasing defense)

326 Implant for aquatic ressources + with absorbtion

+ with the upgrade for deflection/saber defense/whateveritiscalledinenglish

Tank skilltree - one of the upper right choices that gives you immunity against stuns and stuff for 6 seconds when using deflection.

Aren't those basically the same effects? If you stack them, don't they become redundant? :rak_02:

Or is 1 worse than the other. Or do they partially stack?

I guess that implant in particular was an oversight by the devs.

Edited by Mephesh

Tank assasin/shadow

Deflection skill (increasing defense)

326 Implant for aquatic ressources + with absorbtion

+ with the upgrade for deflection/saber defense/whateveritiscalledinenglish

Tank skilltree - one of the upper right choices that gives you immunity against stuns and stuff for 6 seconds when using deflection.

Aren't those basically the same effects? If you stack them, don't they become redundant? :rak_02:

Or is 1 worse than the other. Or do they partially stack?

I guess that implant in particular was an oversight by the devs.

No they are not the same, dark stability (the choice) gives you immunity to stun, ballast point (the legendary) gives you knockback immunity which also is not always wanted. I'd recommend playing a usual, non legendary implant instead of ballast point since it (generally speaking) does more bad than good.

As said above, it gives immunity to knockbacks (as well as slows and roots). Overall I'd recommend picking it up if you have the frags to spare, but keep a regular implant (or a dps legendary implant) as well. In a few instance the effect can be harmful so it's nice to be able to unequip it, sometimes it can be very useful. In most situations it'll be neither helpful nor harmful, or just a minor convenience.

It's the same as the stun immunity after charge that Vengeance gets vs the push immunity after charge that is a choice for all Juggernauts.

As said above, it gives immunity to knockbacks (as well as slows and roots). Overall I'd recommend picking it up if you have the frags to spare, but keep a regular implant (or a dps legendary implant) as well. In a few instance the effect can be harmful so it's nice to be able to unequip it, sometimes it can be very useful. In most situations it'll be neither helpful nor harmful, or just a minor convenience.

It's the same as the stun immunity after charge that Vengeance gets vs the push immunity after charge that is a choice for all Juggernauts.

Nah like the slow immunity doesn't even work half the time, I tried on cally since you cannot vanish (100% of the time) to deaggro the root add. I hoped that the slow just kinda goes away, but literally the only effect I saw was that you can skip a switch on master blaster bc of it, the only other thing is it being harmful on brontes burn when not tanking doubles.

It is not worth buying.

I think it doesn't cleanse roots/slows, so it should work if you use it before the root. Then again, it might be a scripted thing, just like stun immunities don't work against certain scripted stuns.

I can think of a few more use cases though. It's helpful on Dxun, helps a lot on bulls. If you want delicious on third boss it's a must have if you don't bring a jugg or pt tank. Can be useful on Sparky as well. Depending on how you tank Bestia on Council, can be useful there. Just in general on any knockback. Might be useful on the new ops as well, we'll have to wait and see.

I definitely wouldn't prioritise getting it. But it does have some use cases, so I'd pick it up eventually if you play Sin tank a lot.