solo ranked... need help

Yettofall

Hi,

i need help with ranked.

I do ok, more than ok in regular warzones, i'm often either top dmg and kills or top objectives (depending on how i'm facing that game). (326 iR + 288 crit augs + Flying fist tatical, Shock Troper Package, Ranger Package)

But ranked is diferent, i can't play it. I'm pretty sure i spawn with a target over my head.

I try getting out later from the spawn box, i try taking a diferent route than the visible oppenents, i can't escape being first to kill.

I kite, i blow my defence cooldowns, it's just a matter of secs...

On the other hand if i'm left alone (very, very rare) i'm top dmg/kills

What can i do to improve my rank chances?

Thank you.

i can try that.

What augments do tanks use in pvp?

Unfortunatly gear wise we can't do mutch about it, so i bought a new set of 326iR Thyrsian gear anfd mk-11 all of it.

Will put the tank augments and create a new loadout.

Just FYI, bolster is disabling augments right now. Compare your stats outside a WZ vs inside and you will find that all the augment points you should be getting are completely negated with bolster applied. You can also see this happening if you go to your Rishi stronghold (applies bolster). Your stats will be very different.

So I wouldn’t pay attention to augs until they fix this. No ETA given at this time. I run with zero augs right now because it makes no difference.

Regarding solo ranked, yeah I don’t think there really is a solution other than “play tank.” I don’t think any of the top players play AP or Pyro. People focus PT and Jugg dos specs because they don’t have any legitimate way to escape. Assassins and operatives have stealth, Maras have camo. Sorcs have barrier and phase walk. I don’t know too much about snipers in 7.0. Mercs at least have their reflect. PTs have so much damage potential (as you pointed out), so naturally you are a prime target. It’s a losing strategy to go after anybody else.

P.S. Vulkk.com has a good number of class guides for 7.0. Most of them are PVE, but I did see recently a PVP tank Jugg guide created. Obviously that’s not PT/VG, but I think there will be a lot of info still relevant. In particular, it seems a lot of people run tank spec with dps gear. Just a shield offhand, I believe. Maybe a different implant or two. But most of your dps gear should carry over.

Edited by teclado