BIOWARE, Why are we being forced to be unnecessarily online?

Florrentius

Is bioware trying bump they're daily active player count stats by making us grind and spend so much time ingame daily? Big fail i know, but still the grind is real. im grinding 10 years old content, and all i want to do is prog raids.

So when patch 7.02 has released some of us can start another type of ENDLESS gear grind.

Oems and RPMs will be directly purchasable from vendor for a discounted price of 5000 tech frags (“down from 10000”)

You need 7 OEMs and 14 RPMs for ONE gold augment.

This equals to 105000 tech frags. SM ops will give 2000 tech frags upon full clear.

That’s roughly 52 SM raids for ONE gold augment

Now multiply this with the amount of augments you need for different classes and you got urself a new job.

Dont forget, other pieces of gear still cost alot of tech frags aswell, e.g. tacticals & legendaries per class, per upgrade.

Edited by Florrentius

The answer to the question in the thread title is, "We aren't being forced to do anything in particular." BioWare isn't sending large goons to our houses to menace us with Uzis and baseball bats to make sure we stay online. If you *choose* to do that, that's your problem.

Yes, I agree, the gearing system is ... not what it should be, let's say. Well, not for us. For their goals, it might be exactly right, but I don't think that's a good way to go about it. On the other hand, there are *lots* of worse ways to do gearing systems. Lots worse.

Take ArcheAge, where the best gear was crafted, and "YOLO" ("You Only Live Once", a desperate plea invoking suicidal fatalism) was almost a universal battlecry. Each time you tried to craft the next better tier of gear, there was (when I played, apparently it's changed since) a non-zero (and steadily increasing) chance that the process would *destroy* your gear.

You know it's getting real when BW manages to piss off the 1% too.

Pretty much everything in the game needs to drop more tech fragments.

I LOVE the fact they have no one to back them up now, because we're all dead.

Bioware killed the story -> The 1% was quiet because they don't care.

Bioware killed conquest ->The 1% was quiet because they don't care.

Bioware killed playing multiple alts -> The 1% was quiet because they don't care.

Bioware killed pvp -> The 1% was quiet because they don't care.

Now Bioware is killing the 1%, there's no one to join their vocal minority.

Well, they listened somewhat. So that's something. They couldn't piss off raiders too :D

ROFL !!!!

Love it ... still snickering !!!

Is bioware trying bump they're daily active player count stats by making us grind and spend so much time ingame daily? Big fail i know, but still the grind is real. im grinding 10 years old content, and all i want to do is prog raids.

So when patch 7.02 has released some of us can start another type of ENDLESS gear grind.

Oems and RPMs will be directly purchasable from vendor for a discounted price of 5000 tech frags (“down from 10000”)

You need 7 OEMs and 14 RPMs for ONE gold augment.

This equals to 105000 tech frags. SM ops will give 2000 tech frags upon full clear.

That’s roughly 52 SM raids for ONE gold augment

Now multiply this with the amount of augments you need for different classes and you got urself a new job.

Dont forget, other pieces of gear still cost alot of tech frags aswell, e.g. tacticals & legendaries per class, per upgrade.

This is one thing I really despise in this game anymore. Seems like everything needs an astronomical amount of resources or currency. Not just gearing, but what is left of crafting has become insane as well. Nothing is balanced.

Take ArcheAge, where the best gear was crafted, and "YOLO" ("You Only Live Once", a desperate plea invoking suicidal fatalism) was almost a universal battlecry. Each time you tried to craft the next better tier of gear, there was (when I played, apparently it's changed since) a non-zero (and steadily increasing) chance that the process would *destroy* your gear.

You should have seen AION

The enchanting and mana stones you socket (long story short, that game version of Augements) had the nasty habit to destroy every enchant and manastone in that gearpiece, and to make things fun, enchant goes up to 15; means you had to enchant 15 times, risk 15 times, with an ever incresing chace of destruction... and some gear had 5-6 manastone slots

ArcheAge with the gear was similar

A minor wonder we are not there yet with BioFail's line of thinking...

Edited by Nikhael

The tech fragment cost of tacticals and legendary implants is absolutely fuggin ridiculous.

You need 39,000 tech frags per character just to have *ONE* set of legendary implants. Then another 6,000 since most character need 2 tacticals.

That's 45,000 tech fragments needed PER CHARACTER just for basic viability. Insanity.

The tech fragment cost of tacticals and legendary implants is absolutely fuggin ridiculous.

You need 39,000 tech frags per character just to have *ONE* set of legendary implants. Then another 6,000 since most character need 2 tacticals.

That's 45,000 tech fragments needed PER CHARACTER just for basic viability. Insanity.

and not to mention some legendaries dont even work. e.g. Revitalize (corruption) and locked & loaded (medicine)... etc... what a complete waste.

They now announced 1 gold augment will cost 40k tech frags (= 20 sm raids).

so if you need to augment all slots (14 slots) that 560000 tech frags (= 280 sm raids) for ONE character....

What is bioware thinking? i really cant understand this path they have taken... who asked for this?

Edited by Florrentius