1.5m subs, best in launch history

Yowfatto

One would have to simply browse your recent posts to know that what you say is anything but valid.

No cure for dumb - proven again and again and again and...

Once again you have nothing relevant to say. If one were to search my post history they'd realize I'm simply a realist who has leveled beyond 20 and is no longer wearing the Star Wars goggles or blind fanboi shades, though I still love the game and DESPERATELY want it to succeed.

I will pay my $15/month until it goes f2p (if it does), no matter how bad it gets. I want to give them the revenue they need to make this game great.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would have to simply browse your recent posts to know that what you say is anything but valid.

No cure for dumb - proven again and again and again and...

except he/she was right in his/her original post....

this game has had an awesome launch and my friends and I are having quite a good time. I've played alot of MMO's that have had fairly large launches (not as big as this one obviously) and the after the free month runs out numbers drop off hardcore. This concern is always in the back of my mind when a new game comes out (especially if i enjoy the game as much as i do swtor.)

You keep mentioning all these bugs, care to list even one of them or keep spamming the same thing with nothing to add?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=82982

This is a thread at an attempted compilation of confirmed 1.0.1 bugs, and was only open a short time before they closed it (note: bug feedback on the PTR forums is "irrelevant").

There are many things not listed there too, like warzones getting more than 8 people per team randomly.

Go back to burying your head in the sand and telling yourself the game is perfect.

I don't understand why anyone brags about this or even cares about this, unless they own Bioware or EA stock.

It's the same with every MMO launch.

People want to feel that they are making the right decision, before making a commitment to a game. (MMOs especially, since they usually require a ton of time to complete everything.) Most people are actively looking for flaws so that they can revert to playing their *tried and true* game.

It's almost like a social experiment.

1. Ability delay

Probably the only valid thing you've said thus far. Even then, this is in no way game breaking. :rolleyes:

2. Nodes appearing on map though they don't exist. ( they even tried to say they fixed it, lol)

This is a game breaking bug :rolleyes:

3. Almost every flashpoint after Hammer Station

You fail to explain how this is a bug. :rolleyes:

I've never had any problems with flashpoints thus far.

4. Load screen durations

This isn't a bug, get a better processor. :rolleyes:

5. Glaring issues with certain video cards.

What video cards? Name them. :rolleyes:

6. Pet AI, and pet autocast options not sticking.

This is untrue, pet AI is fine, and by options not sticking I assume you mean changes to stances / autocast being on or off.. which also works fine.

Next? :rolleyes:

7. Other UI options not sticking (Sith corruption, etc)

Never had any problem with the UI / other options at all.

Again, not a game breaking bug. :rolleyes:

Do you need more? I can post more.

Yes, because all of those aren't game breaking (half aren't even bugged) at all.

except he/she was right in his/her original post....

this game has had an awesome launch and my friends and I are having quite a good time. I've played alot of MMO's that have had fairly large launches (not as big as this one obviously) and the after the free month runs out numbers drop off hardcore. This concern is always in the back of my mind when a new game comes out (especially if i enjoy the game as much as i do swtor.)

I'm not concerned, a lot of the 10%ers will leave to go gobble up another MMO rinse and repeat that's all they do and know how to do. This game truly caters very well to the casual player and that is where this game will grow. The asian markets will buy this game in droves.

Warhammer had a million subs at launch and ...well...much of SWTOR was created by Mythic...

Will subs continue to grow or start to dwindle after the free month, that is the question...

I fear that they will dwindle as people get higher. SWTOR's flaws become more and more evident the higher you get and the higher the "casuals" start to get the more you will see them jumping from "Defender of the Republic!" to "Death to the Empire"...

QFT.

Everyone I hear on podcasts and forums saying the game is great are under 20. Around 30-35 the game turns into (insert bad word here).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=82982

This is a thread at an attempted compilation of confirmed 1.0.1 bugs, and was only open a short time before they closed it (note: bug feedback on the PTR forums is "irrelevant").

There are many things not listed there too, like warzones getting more than 8 people per team randomly.

Go back to burying your head in the sand and telling yourself the game is perfect.

Never said it was perfect, but compared to other MMOs at launch, exponentially better.

Probably the only valid thing you've said thus far. Even then, this is in no way game breaking. :rolleyes:

This is a game breaking bug :rolleyes:

You fail to explain how this is a bug. :rolleyes:

I've never had any problems with flashpoints thus far.

This isn't a bug, get a better processor. :rolleyes:

What video cards? Name them. :rolleyes:

This is untrue, pet AI is fine, and by options not sticking I assume you mean changes to stances / autocast being on or off.. which also works fine.

Next? :rolleyes:

Never had any problem with the UI / other options at all.

Again, not a game breaking bug. :rolleyes:

Yes, because all of those aren't game breaking (half aren't even bugged) at all.

Nice arguments you got there. You completely ignore bugs because 'I never had them and thus they don't exist' and 'not a game breaking bug'.

much of SWTOR was created by Mythic...

Idiot. Sorry, but I cant find a nice way to say that.

Discounting that WAR has some of the best PvP in an MMO out there, Bioware was making TOR long before Mythic was merged into the department(there were still statements saying that its was Bioware still making it and not Mythic).

Edit: I dont mean to discount any issues brought up, but theyre blown out of proportion IMO.

Edited by Achromatis

QFT.

Everyone I hear on podcasts and forums saying the game is great are under 20. Around 30-35 the game turns into (insert bad word here).

Funny, because I've experienced 30-35 content, and it's great.

Planets get bigger

Planets start looking much better (imo of course!)

Still seeing a ton of players everywhere questing / chatting in general

Quests are still very in depth / involving.

What were you saying again? :rolleyes:

Nice arguments you got there. You completely ignore bugs because 'I never had them and thus they don't exist' and 'not a game breaking bug'.

Do bugs exist in SWTOR? Yes.

Do they exist in any game? Yes.

Are there many game breaking bugs in SWTOR? Nope.

Simple as that bro.

Get a grip and do something else, roll another character, get in on the market, or perhaps do something in real life? It will take me at least a year to play all the class story lines with work, don't know how you guys have so much time on your hands.

Oh, if you don't know what a 10%er is, well they're folks that have more time on their hands, way too much time on their hands compared to the other 90% of humanity.

Your life must be VERY busy for you to take the time & effort to post useless drivel on the forums.

I work in a hospital, i work 46 hours a week & i have a level 42 Scoundrel. Why are you acting as if leveling takes long in this game?

[citation needed]

It's on the fron't page

But that number may be incorrect.

According to Cowen & Company and the Investment firm IIE that number is between 2.5 and 2.9 million users as of Wednesday while it is just speculation keep in mind these guys are pretty accurate and usually predicts WoW's numbers and are just a few hundred either way of being correct.

So TOR a smash success?

Yes

If Bioware can keep producing quality content fast enough the game will be a major success and will probably equal or even surpass WoW's western market.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

QFT.

Care to explain? I'm in the 30's now and find it fantastic. In fact I just had the best story line sequence of the game yet, was the best one, how is it (insert bad word here?)

They ask for proof, its given (bugs were asked for and a post listing some was linked, weather or not you experience them or think theyre important is of no consequence. you asked you a list of bugs and you got it) and either you get get no response or they try to skirt around them. I had heard this community was much different (on the forums) than wow's is/was, remind me to smack whoever told me that.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

This game has blown all other MMOs in history out of the water with 1.5m subs at launch. This game is fantastic and will continue to grow. Yes it has some bugs, I triggered the Kira bug which has yet to be retro fixed on my JK but I'm now greatly enjoying my sith warrior. It needs more polish but so far for launch this game has massive amounts of content.

For all the folks who have hit 50, wait for the rest of us to catch up and stop complaining there is nothing to do since you rushed to 50. We warned you not to do this, not to complain when you get there but yet you still do. You knew you'd be waiting, you do need people to do stuff at 50 right, you do realize this? This game has more end game content than any other MMO in history at launch, and still you 10%ers complain.

Did you play WoW, and power lvl to cap at their launch with only one or two raids at the end for about 9 months with nothing else to do? And you guys complain about SWTOR? How in the heck did you guys last in WoW at launch when end game was so pitiful in that game for months on end?

Get a grip and do something else, roll another character, get in on the market, or perhaps do something in real life? It will take me at least a year to play all the class story lines with work, don't know how you guys have so much time on your hands.

Oh, if you don't know what a 10%er is, well they're folks that have more time on their hands, way too much time on their hands compared to the other 90% of humanity.

I want you to come back here in 3 months and give us a report then. ;)

They ask for proof, its given (bugs were asked for and a post listing some was linked, weather or not you experience them or think theyre important is of no consequence. you asked you a list of bugs and you got it) and either you get get no response or they try to skirt around them. I had heard this community was much different (on the forums) than wow's is/was, remind me to smack whoever told me that.

Every new mmo is like this, seen it with aion, rift and now swtor

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Your life must be VERY busy for you to take the time & effort to post useless drivel on the forums.

I work in a hospital, i work 46 hours a week & i have a level 42 Scoundrel. Why are you acting as if leveling takes long in this game?

I never said it takes forever, but for most casual players it does take a long time. I work on average 60 hours a week. Most folks aren't even 42 yet, so no this isn't drivel.

Useless drivel is posted by 10%ers who say there is nothing to do, yet this game has more content and end game content than any other MMO in history at launch. That is why their drivel is so pathetic, useless and ignorant beyond belief.

It's on the fron't page

But that number may be incorrect.

According to Cowen & Company and the Investment firm IIE that number is between 2.5 and 2.9 million users as of Wednesday while it is just speculation keep in mind these guys are pretty accurate and usually predicts WoW's numbers and are just a few hundred either way of being correct.

So TOR a smash success?

Yes

If Bioware can keep producing quality content fast enough the game will be a major success and will probably equal or even surpass WoW's western market.

Now, if that is true and they can hang on to at least 1 to 2 million subs after the free month then I think it would be safe to say its been a great launch.

If they have made ten USD off every copy sold avrage and sold 2 million or more thats over 200 million in profit, plus the $15 for the next month.

I thought that warhammer boasted 1 million boxes sold, but only pulled in 800K subs after the first month, and then it went down really fast from what I remember.

It was sub 700K players in 6 months.

I don't think the launch was all that great, but we all got different standards

Here are a few reasons why I think so.

Waves/Early access:

Not separating EU from the US makes every one wait in the same line for something else.

Most EU players don't play on US servers and the other way around.

Same goes for people from Germany and France.

Not taking time zones into account just made that worse along with the lack of communication.

They could easily have separated the EU from the US and adjust them to the time zones.

This would be less load on the log in servers and allows people to spread out more.

Basic features not being put in game

Bioware has said a lot of times, we will put this and that in game before launch.

Now they state we will put it in game no ETA.

I don't think it's smooth when you have no high res texture pack/AA support/Combat log/Legacy system/customizable UI.

This is just not delivering what you advertised.

Bugs

Quite some bugs that have been reported in beta are not fixed.

I did experience crashes/hard crashes/lock ups/mouse not working/glitches/Loot bug/ in combat bug/ Companion getting stuck/Sith corruption/ Bugged raid frames in waterfronts (Ctrl U doesn't work for that)/ Quests bugging out/getting stuck/Black screen/memory leak/joining war fronts kicks me out of the game and the list goes on.

Most of these bugs are not something you overlook , these are things Bioware was aware of in beta.

They released the game anyway.

Maintenance

Server maintenance is being done for the EU between 10:00 and 16:00.

How ever most EU countries use GMT +1 and GMT +2.

Extended maintenance will mean it cuts into the peak hours.

On a EU holiday the servers where not accessible until 19:30 GMT +1 on a holiday.

You can say the game is fun and you can state that you don't mind it.

But this is far from a smooth launch in fact it feels like they launched a beta to get the x-mas sales.

Doesn't take away that it's a good game just feels like a beta.

That said the engine is atrocious but ah well.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

1. Ability delay

Valid concern. Gamebreaking is a stretch, but it needs to be fixed. As the other guy said, most valid thing on the list.

2. Nodes appearing on map though they don't exist. ( they even tried to say they fixed it, lol)

This exist, one in 4-5 nodes were like this before the fix. Now its 1 in 10. Its a minor inconvenience, far from gamebreaking.

3. Almost every flashpoint after Hammer Station

As the other guy said, huh? You need actual bugs not random blanket statements of opinion.

4. Load screen durations

I see load screens when I zone or log into a new area. This has been happening since I started playing MMOs, it still happens in every MMO out there. How is this a bug, nevermind gamebreaking?

5. Glaring issues with certain video cards.

Again, what video cards are having these problems?

All games out there have some issues like this, how widespread they are is the real factor. most people do not see this, and specific video cards havent been pinpointed, and most of the problems seen are fixed with a driver update.

6. Pet AI, and pet autocast options not sticking.

Could it be better? Sure. Is it gamebreaking that they sometimes dont do exactly what you want? No.

7. Other UI options not sticking (Sith corruption, etc)

Annoying, yes. Gamebreaking? No.

Do you need more? I can post more.

BTW don't try and say it's user-specific or anything, plenty of people have reported these issues and almost no issue in any situation affects EVERYONE.

You have a list of annoyances and minor bugs at best. The delay issue at the top is the only one that really stands to be a big issue, and even then its more of an issue in PVP than PVE, which is a smaller segment of the population.

This is I believe the only game launch I have been in with no server crashes or unexpected downtime. The longest queue I have had was 5 minutes, and I was playing from the pre-release. Not to say there werent issues, and that these issues affect others more than they did me. But to say it wasnt an incredibly smooth launch for a game this size is just silly.