Tanks Need More Legendary Implant Choices

Ruchalus

To start, I'm a Shadow Tank main so I'll be primarily referencing the Shadow and Guardian implants for this post.

So it seems that the way BW made Legendary Implants is that each implant with a unique stat got it's own special effect. DPS have 3 choices of implant effects, one with Alacrity, one with Critical, and one with Accuracy. Unfortunately, tanks only got 2, one with Shield Rating and one with Absorption.

The one that irks me is Force Resistance, an implant that provides Shield Rating and +3% Damage Reduction. We already had that DR built into both of your passives last patch, now they just took it away and gave it back in an implant because it seems they couldn't think of good alternatives. On top of that, since they both function the same for Guardians and Shadows, it isn't compatible with both classes and instead there's a Guardian specific variant and Shadow specific variant. It just seems really dumb how something with the same name, stats, and function for both tanks isn't compatible with both.

Here's a fix I can think of for this...

Fix Idea: Change Force Resistance Package and make it into 2 Packages

I say just give us both back our 3% DR back within our passives and instead change Force Resistance into 2 unique implants, one for Shadow and one for Guardian. Both would provide Shield Rating and would be the following...

(Shadow) Tutaminis Package: Resilience lasts an additional 2 seconds

(Guardian) Battle Meditation Package: Activating Saber Ward restores 1.5% of your maximum hit points every second Saber Ward is active.

So I know a problem last expansion was all the Shadow/Assassin DPS players being able to get up to 9 seconds of Resilience (currently up to 5 seconds with 3s from Resilience and 2s from Force Cloak). I feel this ability is best suited for tanks but if a DPS unit wants to use it, they'd be inhibiting their offensive abilities for useless stats (sorta like how many other DPS classes have access to a tank implant despite having no tank specs...). This would better define the Shadow Tank's niche of being the anti Force/Tech tank (whereas Vanguard is anti physical, and Guardian is in the middle).

The Guardian's Package would restore up to 18% HP over 12 seconds, the duration of Saber Ward. This can be useful in both PvE and PvP. Also I couldn't think of some kind of defensive ability tied to a single ability of theirs other than this. This helps acts as a Second Wind of sorts while encouraging the use of the heavily nerfed (and rightly so) Grit Teeth tactical.

Anyway what are your thoughts on Shadow and Guardian tank implants right now? Do you like or not like these suggestions? Though I do feel happy for Vanguard tanks and their nice implants, a mini shield for their allies and a 1.6 million hp shield is pretty neat. They needed a solid buff of something and their raw damage absorption plays to their innate strengths. Unfortunately, Jedi Tank tacticals don't play to our strengths quite as much, if at all.

Edited by Ruchalus

Did Juggs have a passive for 3% DR that was taken away? I don't really remember it, and couldn't find anything in the old 6.0 discipline calculator I dug up. Either way, it's a pretty strong bonus regardless. 3% DR is definitely a useful bonus, and of the two tanking implants it is absolutely the better one. I'm more disappointed with the other legendary implant for Juggs.

Sure having no cooldown on Retaliation boosts dps somewhat, but not as much as the dps implants, and it provides no defensive benefit. I'd love to see something that actually helps out defensively. Either something new, or an addition to the Retaliator implant. My suggestions would be:

New Implant: Increase the duration of Invincible and Blade Turning by a few seconds each (we had that as a set bonus before).

New Implant: Increase the shield of Force Scream (very old set bonus, pretty neat)

Addition to Retaliator: Retaliation increases Shield Chance or DR by X%, stacking up to 3 times.

Force Resistance is fine imo, though it would be neat if you could use the same one on Jugg and Sin, since it's the exact same item except for the class restriction.

Best would be to rework th LI´s that they get a slot, so we can have the bonus, mastery, endurance a stat of our choice, would increase the possiblilities of playing and individulizing our char to our playstyle.

But yeah in general some bonusses suck and it is a shame that we have only to for tanks which means no choice unless we want to loose a bunch of survivalbility.