When / how is Cloaking Screen unlocked?

burpburpburp

Hey all,

I'm playing a level 31 Operative, and I don't seem to have access to Cloaking Screen. It's not in my abilities menu. I thought it was supposed to become available at level 22?

Not sure if this makes a difference, but I created the character before 7.0, but hardly played him until after 7.0, so he was something like level 3 when 7.0 went live.

I even tried adding Scoundrel as my second combat style, and when I switch to that, I don't have access to Disappearing Act either.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. My quick search for cloaking screen / disappearing act just turned up a ton of people asking why a few enemies sometimes randomly remained aggro after activating it.

Thanks!

I don't play operative or scoundrel; but you can see when abilities are unlocked or available for you to choose from the abilities screen/menu. the default keybind for this is K.

some abilities are granted automatically and some are selected by the player from 3 options.

abilities are granted at level 15, 23, 27, 35, 39, 43, 51, 60, 64, 68, 73 and 78.

7.0 re-arranged the ability granting across the 80 levels.

You will likely get vanish at a later level, and the current guides haven't been updated to 7.0 yet.

Also, Vanish no longer exits combat (in FPs and Ops at least) so its utility is significantly different now.

Im sorry to hear you chose Scoundrel as your 2nd style due to this misunderstanding since it has the exact same ability/utility as Operative

Thanks! I did check the menu by pressing K and it wasn't there. Probably should have specified that in my first post. That makes sense about rearranging ability unlock orders for 7.0. I'm only playing the character for the class story, so the redundant second class isn't a huge loss. I'll just soldier (agent) on under the assumption I'll eventually unlock the ability, and if not, no big deal.