Make Merc Arsenal great again!

mstangescu

..or refund me my 6 month sub please. And the CC I spent on cosmetics that I now can't use because the failures you call developers released the game in a state where you have to equip the ugly weapons you get as drops.

But never mind that, can you explain to me why you have nerfed the damage of Mercenary Arsenal, a spec that wasn't topping the DPS meters anyway but also removed all the fun utilities? And make no mistake, you REMOVED them, because if you force me to choose between having a defensive cooldown and a fun utility, guess what everyone playing anything more difficult than Heroics and dailies will choose?

Examples: Hold the Line vs Responsive Safeguards, Thrill of the Hunt vs Kolto Surge, but probably the most insulting is Chaff Flare vs Supercharged Celerity vs Power Overrides. So let me get this straight, you're forcing me to choose between being able to lower my threat as a dps (as well as a minor dcd), being able to provide a buff for my raid group and an extra heat management option.

Next time when you copy WoW can you please move forward with the timeline to when THOSE failed developers realized what a BAD idea it was to remove utilities from classes? Can you please explain your idiotic logic on WHY it's a good idea to nerf utility in all classes but predominantly why you hate mercs so much?

Its not the devs who hate us, ITs the pvpers who do. Remember if they can't kill one shot someone in their prefered class, NERF THEM. Pver's do not count. PVP scream loudest. pve just take it in the gut and carry on, we always have. Pve have proposed a solution but again we are never listened to. They can screw and destroy all the specs to their hearts content for the pvp people AND leave pve alone if only they would link PVP ability and skills to the pvp flagging that way as soon as a person "flag" themselves as pvp, the new spec and abilities become active. Leaving pve people and our proper skills along. But then that would be to difficult so we go along and suck up the disasters. Like the summer of pvp where it was proven that pvp was destructive to a game and that "balance" was nothing but a garbage excuse to pander to children who want to one shot other people. In this example Healers ended up trying to heal people with spit, and ranged classes like snipers and mercs were throwing tissue paper at everyone, JUST so the warriors could feel special. I lost a lot of friends, during that summer no one could do any ops or fps, not even story. That was how much of a failure that crap was. So yeah ...those that are left and those that have returned suck up the miss fires and hope it gets a bit better. Also have you noticed they no longer tell people if they are nerfing something its thanks to that summer.

I’m a pvp’er and nobody is happy about these changes. Every class got screwed over in various ways, all having to choose between essentials. I spent the first few days of 7.0 trying to figure out which one of my characters got the least screwed and walked away with a bitter feeling about all of them.

I’m a pvp’er and nobody is happy about these changes. Every class got screwed over in various ways, all having to choose between essentials. I spent the first few days of 7.0 trying to figure out which one of my characters got the least screwed and walked away with a bitter feeling about all of them.

This is very much the case, except Sorcs :) and maybe Maras :)

But for real, ive been messing with two builds, the obvious one that keeps the defensives, and one that lets some of them go to keep better utility and options.

I have to say im really like the latter more than the former. It feels right and makes sense to me, but i usually play a little outside the box.

Yes, im dying a little more at times versus some classes, but i wonder if thats not a good thing. It will certainly bring to light the fact that we need a little help DPS wise.

Here's the problem though, that works fine only on easier content where you don't need the DCDs. In HM+ ops this will quickly turn into a flame war in which Mercs blame healers for not keeping them alive, healers then go "why aren't you using cooldown X to mitigate this portion of the fight" and then you have to admit you're not even specced into that for various reasons.

And the you look at Maras and you see they have EVERYTHING: high dps, good DCDs, good utilies, gap closers, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
i9 wanna give my 2 sence for the merc arsenal spec asweel i already felt the dps drop in 6.0 but there we somehow coult manage thanx to the utilitys we hat back than but there already merc got the short end of the stick cuz think about what one class spec hat to farm his gear per drop only besiites the arsenal merc noone and since 7.0 is out we lost alot of our utiliys asweel some where complet removet others reworket and some like some alread mentiont are closet of since u need the main specs for hm and nim content the heavy part is in pve the merc is the lowest ranking dps char by far in parsley with a total dps of 25k at best and than look at marouders sentienels assasins and shadows or if u want a range class virulence sniper all of them are above 30 k dps a 5 k dps gab is way to much to get behind it and just to be sure i do play swtor now since reelse i play merc main since 7 or 8 years i also try with my frinds hc and even nim content and latly my merc dosent get lcose to cutting it anymore thanx to the new reelase but juiggers and marodeurs get buffet even more *** there realy needs to be a change or bedder an overhoul on the entire system to even it out atleast a lil bit and btw i already see groubs that dont let mercs into the groub unles there a healer

Mercs are getting kicked from hm/mm ops just because they are mercs.

At first, I thought this was just bad luck with Drew. Then it happened to me (just now). Both myself (merc arsenal) and a sniper (marksmanship) were booted for not putting out enough DPS. This is after we finished two boss fights and I thought i was doing fine, but it wasn't fine enough. No warning, just told afterwards it was due to my class.

At first, I thought this was just bad luck with Drew. Then it happened to me (just now). Both myself (merc arsenal) and a sniper (marksmanship) were booted for not putting out enough DPS. This is after we finished two boss fights and I thought i was doing fine, but it wasn't fine enough. No warning, just told afterwards it was due to my class.

Yes.

Typically a marksman or any merc dps player will be bottom of the dps chart.

Even if you are a better player than someone else, your class is designed to have garbage performance so your performance is garbage.

Mercs are getting kicked from hm/mm ops just because they are mercs. Great balancing bioware *^TY_*%_ &(_*(BTY}+(Y_)&U_)&_)N&(_Y+*)Y+_{Y*BT+BT_(_N_MI"

We are literally dead last and third from last on parsley parse database or the 6.5 dummy parses.

but then no tech classes are performing well as they comprise the bottom half of the table.

Get used to it kids, till they do a balance patch were not on the menu.