Where Can I Find The Valour Level For My Characters (After The 7.0 Update)?

GalaxyWeasel

It used to be on the character sheet prior to the Legacy Of The Sith update, but now I can't find it anywhere. I've recently done some Player vs. Player matches, so it looks like I'm still getting Valour points, but I can't find where it's been moved to. Where have they moved it to?

• 11 months later...

"That's ... um ... suboptimal."

You have Mastery in understatement.  The whole patch/expansion is vexing.

After 10 years they rendered Alts irrelevant basically dumping on all that work.  Dual spec and 3 sub-specs on each char?  You basically need a handful to do everything.  But, that gear swapping mechanic doesn't include stowage to keep it from cluttering your inventory.

Meantime, the gearing while I somewhat understand it, is just unnecessarily convoluted and forces a boring grind on repetitious content to farm the currencies.

And in the end, actual meaningful improvements that would get more people to play and importantly play needed classes like healers are lacking.  This game always shunned player mods, but taking WOW for an example, they leveraged the player base to find out what people wanted or needed in UIs, thus coming up with the ideas to greatly improve the gaming ergonomics for players.  Specifically for healers a click cast Group/Raid interface which allows them to bind their healing abilities to specific clicks on the player frames in the group to use those abilities.  This equalizes the target switching that healers face vs everyone else who focuses the boss or a few other adds whereas the healer had easily double the amount of clicks required to target switch.  Had they done this, more people would play healers, groups would be easier to find - which was one of the major factors in the early decline of the game population shortly after release.  Of the 100 or so people I started the game with, I was the last one out at 6 months, only coming back to play every few years a while.

8 hours ago, Saxxonknight said:

You have Mastery in understatement.

Thank you.  I try.

After 10 years they rendered Alts irrelevant basically dumping on all that work.  Dual spec and 3 sub-specs on each char?  You basically need a handful to do everything.

That assumes that any specific player *wants* to do everything.  I know that I don't.  I like being DPS, and I'm not fond of either Heals or Tank.

But, that gear swapping mechanic doesn't include stowage to keep it from cluttering your inventory.

Yeah, that's a substantial problem.

Meantime, the gearing while I somewhat understand it, is just unnecessarily convoluted and forces a boring grind on repetitious content to farm the currencies.

For BioWare, the advantage is that it gives people something to do, but ultimately it will drive some folks away because an endless grind of currency farming is too much like a tedious job, and I, for one, play games for fun.

• Like 1