Concealment and scrapper need a lot of help after 7.0...

Pricia

It's not even funny compared to other dps specs. Always out of energy, minimum AoE damage. You pretty much have to take the no energy skill, then you never run out. It's just not balanced. We shouldn't have to take one skill so we don't run out of energy all the time.

Why?

Edited by Pricia

I think the AoE actually got power crept again this patch because a bunch of first rows on classes are about increasing aoe potential and they forgot to add meaningful aoe rows for scrapper / conc.

Honestly the scoundrel/operative seems to be quite forgotten here, even the healing spec has very weird things like first row making Kolto waves 50% inferior to underworld medicine in AoE senarios. Some talent simply are not implemented so they are traps like Kolto mark that is supposed to increase healing on target by 20% but doesnt work on healing over time which is 80% of our output.

The amount of tankiness removed from conc/scrapper and healing spec is crazy.

-30% aoe damage

-6% DR through slow-release medpack

-20% health through pugnacity/revitalizer

-10% health from surrender/countermeasure

-20% dodge under scamper/roll

- trading hotstreak / tactical overdrive for old tactician 6part

I'm pretty sure that Bioware heard the feedback about operative being OP and went full ham without considering the actual viability of the class in the end, ruffian seems to land ok-ish in the end tho.

Edited by Drokisannath

DPS Operative is pure trash, compared to another inviser - Assassin.

No matter which spec: direct damage or dots. Especially direct damage - Sin pulls out just crazy numbers, which are pretty close to warrior's numbers.

Operative here is at.... he is just not here.

Took Sniper as 2nd class to my Operative - damage is way, WAY better in the any possible scenario or spec or range.

And the main reasons are:

- Precasts. I should use one or two DOTs to even make my rotation possible to work. Whole 2 GCD wasted. And no abilities to refresh that DOTS duration during normal rotation. (in DOTs spec I should use some sort of trash and unusable skill to just spread dots!)

- Tactical Advantage: this is just pure BS should gone. There shouldn't be any restrictions on using skills. And also this is another precast: like use Shiv to start your rotation. And like it wasn't enough, skills which utilize TA require energy too!

- Complicated rotations which require too much attention on buff/debuff panels (and they are MEH made here)

- Weak damage. Even TA skills, even with perfect timings and all procs are way weaker than another melee DPS have. And I have a feeling, that DPS-operative is weaker than even range DPS!

TF?

Edited by SilverWF

• 2 weeks later...

I found concealment to actually be ok in PVE. You need to reset your ability tree and set your countdown timer.

And now backstab can be used in front occasionally.

You just need to make good use of flashbang, evasion, debilitate, shield, and rolling.

Concealment rotation for PVE (it'll do in PVP too, but I don't guarantee high DPS)

Stealth - Backstab - Corrosive Dart - Toxic Haze - Volatile Substance - Veiled Strike - Laceration -

Debilitate - run behind and Backstab - Evasion (shield also if necessary) - Corrosive Dart - Volatile Substance - Veiled Strike - Laceration Laceration - Crippling Slice - Fragmentation Grenade - Overload shot - overload shot - Backstab whenever it pops up and switch between veiled strike and laceration.

Set Evasion to reflect 150% damage.

Use Evasion and/or Shield a few seconds after Debilitate

Use Exfiltrate to dodge

Use Flashbang if you pull a large group - save debilitate until this wears off

Use stim boost + exfiltrate awayt when you need to recover

Use Tactical Overdrive to reset vital attack timers.

Always use Debilitate + run around to Backstab together

Kolto probe and adrenaline probe when needed

Operatives are all about defensive moves in between the knifing. And stealth/backstab as much as you can.

Edited by americanaussie

TA/UH would make sense, if the powers that need them were really strong and would totally unbalance the class if used freely - but they aren't. Stable energy management set for late game, makes character leveling overly punishing.

I started a ruffian and a concealment and already double classed them to saboteur and marksman.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The existence of quick shot is pointless now. Costs too much energy and damage is low. In 6.0 there was a perk that buffed this skill with zero energy cost as far as I remember, now it`s gone. Grenade energy cost is too high, shotgun AOE is a joke etc, etc. I hope they will give some love to this class....I hope....

Andy Dufresne: "Hope is a good thing, may be the best of the things. And good thing never dies."

Edited by dwiekopy