Cargo loader bug in the imperial manaan story requires players to zone out

Purple_Hydra

I didn't see this in your list of known issues, so I thought I'd mention this to your team, so you can be aware that it's an issue commonly occurring:

During the mission on the imperial-side storyline for Manaan, in which you pilot a submersible droid, there's a section right before the underwater droid section in which you must briefly pilot a cargo loader to pick up and move a crate. After interacting with the door to load the crate, rather than putting your player back to where the loader console was in the control room, you are instead just left in the cargo bay in place of the cargo loader you were previously piloting, causing you to become stuck in the loading bay, as there are invisible walls preventing you from leaving.

Currently, the only known workaround for this issue is to teleport out of the instance (i.e. via a stronghold teleport, fleet travel pass, etc.), and then relaunch the mission through your mission log, which will then just put you at the entrance to the mining area again, from which you can go to the submersible drone control as intended.

It's an easy workaround that then lets players move on with the story, but I wanted to make sure your team was aware of it so you can eventually get around to fixing it, as it's managed to confuse a number of players in /general chat! :d_smile:

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug where you're teleported to the incorrect location after being polymorphed into a Cargo Loader Droid in the Manaan storyline - Imperial.

Our team is aware of this bug and is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

For visibility, I'll add this bug to the known issues list:

• Players are teleported to the wrong location after being polymorphed into a Cargo Loader Droid in the Manaan storyline - Imperial. Preventing them from progressing in the storyline.
    • Current workaround: Transport to the Fleet and launch the Mission again.

Man, and my first thought after the cargo droid part was "what was the point of that?" having to just carry one thing to another thing right next to it and then shift back to my own character again.

Well, turns out the point was to mess with the character controls only for it to bug out on the player and be annoying. Bioware, such small tasks are not fun, just let us interact with a console like normal, or make the mini-game more substantial and, y'know, not buggy..

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug where you're teleported to the incorrect location after being polymorphed into a Cargo Loader Droid in the Manaan storyline - Imperial.

Our team is aware of this bug and is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

• Players are teleported to the wrong location after being polymorphed into a Cargo Loader Droid in the Manaan storyline - Imperial. Preventing them from progressing in the storyline.

Just to add something here, i've been playing some of my older chars to get them through the story, and while doing Echoes of oblivion quest and the spriit of vengeance i was multiple times put in incorrect places (on Echoes it was at the begining, i was trapped inside the ship that you arrive in) (on Spirit of vengeance it was after killing Troya Ajak and clicking the console, i was brought back to the same spot and had to click again)

So i'm wondering if there is something in the underlying code regarding character teleportation that needs adjusting?

To the left, in the "submissible droid mainframe room", there is a "Remote Piloting Access" controller, right by the door to the loader room, presumably for the loader. If this were made active, you would not have the issue being stuck in the loader room.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2022 at 3:55 AM, CommunityTeam said:

Hi folks,

Imperial
Mission: Fortification
Objective: Locate and Take Control of a Cargo Loader

I can confirm this bug continues, and that the workaround no longer works.

In addition, it seems to have fallen off the known issues list here.

I have tried:
• Exiting to fleet to relaunch the mission
• Exiting to Stronghold and returning
• Quitting the game and relaunching

Please add to known issues list, advise a functional workaround, and try and resolve. Unable to progress the Manaan story line.

@CommunityTeam

Edited by Rizenfell

Dear @CommunityTeam

UPDATE! I am now on my third Imperial character (in the last week) that is attempting the Manaan story line. Each time, this bug prevents progress. As above, none of the suggested workarounds are effective any more. In addition, this has fallen off the known issues list.

Each time, Customer Service have been great and have auto-completed the mission once I lodge a ticket.

As this is recent content, I would love to see this back on the Known Issues list. I believe it impacts as a large number of players.

Thanks, as always!

Edited by Rizenfell
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I fixed this for myself after an hour of testing:

- To get unstuck here, log out and log back in. Press Play in the quest to go back into the Instance.

- Change your resolution from 1080p to 1440p

- Go behind the panel, to the center of the panel. Move back against the window and use the terminal.

I spawned in normally. I have a sneaky suspicion this is being caused by a bug in the teleportation code regarding graphics resolution.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same, Still broken. Tried it for 1 hour

EDIT: Found a fix, (for me) 
Fix: Right click the console and move before its activated, I did it 3 times as in Right Click the console then walked away until the 4th, it put me in the place I should be.  wasted 1h 30mins :)

Edited by Repnation
found a fix

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2023 at 4:04 AM, Repnation said:

Same, Still broken. Tried it for 1 hour

EDIT: Found a fix, (for me) 
Fix: Right click the console and move before its activated, I did it 3 times as in Right Click the console then walked away until the 4th, it put me in the place I should be.  wasted 1h 30mins :)

Enjoyed an hour of struggling with this bug - teleporting to the fleet, a stronghold, logging out and in, etc.

Finally used this - right click, move away, and it worked.  No idea how.  But thanks - would never have tried it without this forum thread!