Ruins of Nul - stuck in story loop

(Haven't been able to log on the next day and try again, so it may work correctly now)

Last night, when reaching the temple on the summit, every time I use the temple door, I get the same cinematic from BEFORE I went up there, and I'm thrown back to that same area.

I have no idea what caused this. Earlier I got close to the spot that started the cinematic, and hit Esc because I didn't want to lose bonus missions. I completed those first and then went back to the place that spawned the cinematic.

Everything seemed to be going well on my way to the temple, but that's where I got stuck in the same loop, which is pretty game/story breaking.

Jumping off a cliff (and dying/reviving) within the Flashpoint didn't help, and neither did exiting and re-entering the Flashpoint. I haven't had a chance yet to try relogging the game, restarting the pc, etc.

Just wanted to put it ou there. I haven't seen any other post with the same issue, after all.

I had the exact same issue last night and I did the same thing you did with pressing ESC on the cutscene and complete the bonus mission first. I think that caused it. I reported it as a bug but sadly found no other way around it than to re-do the FP and not backing out of any cutscenes.

I had the exact same issue last night and I did the same thing you did with pressing ESC on the cutscene and complete the bonus mission first. I think that caused it. I reported it as a bug but sadly found no other way around it than to re-do the FP and not backing out of any cutscenes.

I also did the same and now stuck in the same loop :( Guess I'll have to start again but going to leave it a few days, fed up with it now :mad:

I just had this happen for the first time - I've completed without issue on my main and a secondary character. It's so e**ing annoying. I wouldn't mind starting it again if it wasn't such a dull and often irritating flashpoint with too much stealth detect. I think (as someone else pointed out) that it happens if you complete the bonus before the first Malgus cut scene.

• 4 months later...
I am currently stuck in the same loop. Has anyone found a way past it? I completed the obelisk bonus quests before watching the cutscene of the door crumbling. I wonder if that has something to do with the progression break.

• 1 month later...