7.0 'expansion' = pure disaster ...We told You so ! .....and you where stubborn

Shinzzun

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty pathetic when you have a company of this size pushing out this quality of work. I know any where else I have ever worked, if a product of this substandard quality was delivered to the customers, the people responsible would lose their jobs. Only in the video game industry, can they get away with this horse****

This patch is a product of pure, unadulterated greed, incompetence, and arrogance.

I work in HVAC engineering and when i have designers or project managers trying to reinvent the wheel, i ask them: What does the client want? What's his budget? What's our budget? Do you have the required field experience to bring this design to fruition? Is the client gonna be a returning customer because of this design? Is it too complicated for the customer? Will he be able to operate it?

And, when I have employees coming to show mw the projects and plans, when it's not up to par, i tell them: call the client in front of me and tell them you need another couple of days to finalize the plans. Cause this piece of dunk ain't going out of the office.

Apparently, no one at at BW asks any questions (or more aptly, read any feedback seriously) about what the customer wants. And clearly, no one makes any kind of quality control as is apparent with this POS "expansion" that they gave us, filled with bugs and not a lot more.

Anyways, someone needs to shake things up at BW. Some people have been working on this for too long and seem to think they own all the good ideas. Git gud BW. Take the old wood out. Listen to your customers. Hold accountable those that have led this fiasco.

Out of curiosity, why have the class icons on the character load screens been degraded to crude white monochrome bitmap cutout mages? They look like they were made in Windows 2000 Paint.

if your going to wreck the game might as well wreck it completely

Edited by iopseal

Out of curiosity, why have the class icons on the character load screens been degraded to crude white monochrome bitmap cutout mages? They look like they were made in Windows 2000 Paint.

The color scheme is bad, but I do like the icons themselves. One of the few things I find more distinctive than the old ones.

You should give FFXIV a try. It dumps all over WoW.

Yes the running simulator dumps all over a game where you can actually do things such as fight and move while casting.

Believe it or not buddy some games are powered by HYPE-MEME energy

omgg Asmongold is playing ff14 lets ALL jump on the bandwagon cause he is not because we really like the game!

ff14 is the most boring slogfest in the world right now; much rather play lost ark

Get me some Cheese and Crackers.....

There sure is enough Whine.... here already.

Seriously ... It's not that bad... I really don't know what all the Whine is about... Other than to hear the sound of your own voice... The combat is fine. The loss of skills are ones I never used anyway so they are NOT missed. I have run into 0 bugs. The story is intriguing. Though I agree a little shorter than I would have liked, but I would still like to see more.

Get over your self's already... Adapt or Die.... If the game bothers you that much then by all means LEAVE.... Please.

Nobody will notice, nobody will care and nobody will miss you... good luck finding a game that pleases you.

"Fare Well and Thanks for all the Fish", Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

No words to describe the utter dross this so called expansion has given the player base..it only excels on one thing..to destroy the years of affection i and it seems lots of others had for the game in a single swoop.

Who needs to watch Darth Malgus in a cine trailer at his worst when Bioware have done exactly that with this expansion. Utterley disapointed and sad, also cancelled my sub after years of supporting this game.

Due to the efforts i put into how my characters looked and the huge amount of hours i put into my strongholds i cannot uninstall the game but i doubt i will ever be playing SWTOR again..there seems no way back from this..least because the guys who were responsible for this mess seem to have zero idea about what the players actually wanted..despite the warnings. Sad, very sad.

This is the first time I've ever posted anything like this, but to release an update like this is borderline unacceptable. And I'm not talking about the story or the UI. I'm primarily talking about the bugs.

Now, all games have bugs and glitches, especially with new content. But LOTS is almost unplayabe during some parts. I was constantly falling through maps and on the final fight, I had to hide behind a rock while my companions actually did all the fighting because of how broken and glitchy the fight was. Everytime the boss used a knocback, I fell through the map.

The zone chat was inundated with complaints like this. Even before the final fight. Just going through Manaan was janky.

And by the way, this was all after I couldn't even get into the game for hours because of the loading screen glitch, which was the first time I ever experienced that.

From a story standpoint, I don't think it was too bad but it was incredibly short. This is not an expansion. This is a patch. FFXIV's patches are far bigger than this "expansion". You want to know what an expansion looks like? Endwalker. I understand this game doesn't nearly have the staff and resources FFXIV has, and that's okay. But don't call it an expansion. Just call it DLC, because that's what it is, for the most part. A small story you can play through with a new dungeon and some new weapons. This is just seriously misleading.

The UI redesign doesn't bother me too much, though I agree with some other posters that it looks like a mobile game. What was wrong with the previous UI? Seemed fine to me.

Lastly, the gear changes. A lot of people are up in arms about this. Since I don't raid I don't need BiS gear, so to me it's actually okay that those are locked away in raids. However, one of the biggest draws of this game, and one it turns out that I foolishly hyped over on Reddit about, is how alt friendly the game was and how you could earn gear from doing any activity you wanted. Once you got to 306 on your main, you could easily gear up your alts by keeping on playing your main, so that 306 mods/armoring etc. dropped, which you could put in your Legacy bank for all your characters. Now suddenly, a bit portion of that is locked behind raids. That's very headscratching to me.

A core principle of your game was solo content and basically letting the player do whatever they wanted. Now, it's trying to go back to the WoW method? I mean, WoW isn't doing all that good either in case you haven't noticed. Hell, if you really want to copy anyone, the game you should be looking at is FFXIV. They balance story with MMO very well.

All this is just so odd to me, and it's unfortunately classic BioWare behavior. I always hold my breath when they release something because I'm afraid they are going to screw it up badly.

And here we are.

I think it might finally be time I unsub for good this time.

Yes the running simulator dumps all over a game where you can actually do things such as fight and move while casting.

Believe it or not buddy some games are powered by HYPE-MEME energy

omgg Asmongold is playing ff14 lets ALL jump on the bandwagon cause he is not because we really like the game!

ff14 is the most boring slogfest in the world right now; much rather play lost ark

Moving while casting is not a good thing. I've been against that talent existing in swtor since they added it with the utilities.

FFXIV is not a "running simulator." There's an insane amount of content to do outside of the MSQ. Glad to know you didn't make it through the ARR filter though.

Funny that you call XIV a slog fest but you're playing lost ark which is an actual slog fest where you HAVE to create alts to efficiently gear your main. That games grind puts every other MMO to shame.

I've been playing FFXIV since launch so I really don't give a damn that asmon is playing it. Its always been a good game and its only gotten better with each expansion.

Seriously ... It's not that bad... I really don't know what all the Whine is about... Other than to hear the sound of your own voice... The combat is fine. The loss of skills are ones I never used anyway so they are NOT missed. I have run into 0 bugs. The story is intriguing. Though I agree a little shorter than I would have liked, but I would still like to see more.

Get over your self's already... Adapt or Die.... If the game bothers you that much then by all means LEAVE.... Please.

Nobody will notice, nobody will care and nobody will miss you... good luck finding a game that pleases you.

The problem with this is that this is an MMO or of 'sorts' (not a game you play for 1 months and are done) and any of the real veterans has spent more than a decade of their time, thousands of hours and even thousands of Euros, its quite obvious that is a large investment and when You see some clearly completely inept people at EA and Bioware Austin, and lets point it out MANAGEMENT at Bioware and EA (not the poor employees on the floor) arrogantly stomp on that 10 year plus investment its really normal to get the reaction which is represented by the vast majority in this thread. Frankly the few fanboiz (that are just being fanboiz to be different or take joy in upsetting others) in here is just noise, unimportant noise :p

Edited by Shinzzun

I don't understand how you can be ok with only 30 minutes of cutscenes after two years of waiting.

I'm glad you don't do anything other than dailies and think that losing abilities is fine, but we lost core skills that have been baseline since 1.0 and it really shows that BW doesn't play their own game and doesn't understand the class designs.

I would be very careful with that decision. Doing a charge back will usually lead to your account being banned.

Honestly, I'm not sure that I'd care at this point. Taking my money for this crap IS fraud and the highest level of incompetence I've ever experienced. If EA doesn't fire whoever greenlit this disaster, I'm done with EA completely.

Actually the end of SWG was all about giving, not about taking away. You had the possibility to get crystals that were no longer obtainable for instance. And they were still working on QoL and new mechanics until the end, like atmospheric flight.

The first thing the NGE did was stealth nerf crafting even before the NGE was released among other nerfs they didnt tell anyone about, once the NGE went into effect they lost 2/3 the player base withing 2 weeks, things they kept promising like flight, they knew was impossible do to base coding that made every rock and tree a column that went up into the air it was why you couldnt jump over a rock or onto one, had a few nice long chats with some of the first Devs who wrote all the coding and brought the game to market. Sony knew SWTOR was in development and they were planning on sunsetting the game because Lucas Film Games only wants one MMO on the market at a time.

I rarely post on these forums but I have to agree with the general consensus that this update (I refuse to call this an expansion at all) sucks.

Aside from the multitude of problems this update has introduced one of my biggest gripes is how pathetically short this so called story was. Had it done in less than two hours and it was incredibly underwhelming. Even the voice acting was terrible in regard to that totally one dimensional throwaway edgelord Darth Norock. Ewww.

Nope this was a big step back and if this is a sign of how things are heading I cannot justify staying subbed to such sub-par work.

This "Expansion" feels a bit like scam tbh, there are some great elements such as the combat styles and the improved resolution but the story which is the most important and what has been hyped was a shock, a 6 minuts expensive trailer for less than 2 hours of cutscenes, that was after two months of delay.

I resubbed for the expansion in December and stayed when they delayed it based on the hype but WOW, they really screwed this...