7.0 'expansion' = pure disaster ...We told You so ! .....and you where stubborn

Shinzzun

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dude delivered dead Anthem and the same RNG bs.

Grind for useless green gear.

What's funny, that looks exactly like what we have right now.

I got 318 gear set, which is stat-wise actually worse than my 306 augmented gear.

Also, the thing I don't get is the removal of set bonuses from 306 gear, just to be replaced with non-modable gear without any bonuses.

It just doesn't make any sense.

They moved set bonuses to the implants which I'm kind of honestly ok with.

Don't really need to? if you see those numbers and try to justify it as a means the expansion is not a flop then you need to leave your sheep pen and open your eyes.

This is the release of an expansion after 3 years of the last one. It should be hyped and overplayed, people shouldn't be logging off. But i'm sorry, if on the day of release the "Majority are in the game enjoying it" and that majority on average of the numbers you post during 24hour peak on an expansion launch day is 19,000 people....that's a flop that's a huge flop

It means the game from sub numbers is bringing in 3.4 Million a year in revenue lol. IF those numbers stay the same for an entire year which they won't they will decrease. They better hope they make some amazing broken cartel market releases to milk the sheep or this game is bye soon.

You misunderstand me.

I posted those numbers as a reference. (My sub runs out in about 36 hours).

Check back next Tuesday and I'd bet they're (said numbers) are FAR lower.

15,168 playing 7 min ago

19,054 24-hour peak

27,416 all-time peak

Let's check back over the next week and see how those numbers trend? Shall we?

Seriously? Those are niche/boutique MMO numbers.

Not a success story for what should be an AAA MMO.

After 8 Years as Subscriber i decided to quit now.

Back then at 6.0, all our hard grinded Ossus-WB Gear (258) became useless. Now they do the same with our sets, it took a lot of time to get them all complete (have over 50 toons), grinding the damn tech fragments. The new "second Class" is useless, because you cant change them all the time anyway. Maybe i expected something wrong. I expected a Knight with a double Saber. But you cant play that.

The new Inventory and Character Sheet looks terrible.

I just cant find any Reason that keeps me playing, because all we achieve is going to be destroyed in next updates.

I was really excited to make an Imperial Agent Commando, got full Imperial Trooper gear and everything. But the leveling system is a nightmare now... No Group Finder FPs until level 50, at least 20 removed from the queue. Not to mention, the abilities I have access to are at least 10 levels lower than what I would've had in the previous update.

Went in with an open mind, but this was a massive disappointment. Increased grind to get the same level of battle power you could before. The sheer amount of people saying the new UI actually hurts their eyes is baffling, I have no idea what BW was thinking with this.

This all goes back to when this game was in Beta, originally. We would tell them what was wrong, and then, if you said anything other than praise, you were threatened with being kicked out of Beta. The fact that people told them what the problems were, and they ignored them, is not new. This has all the feeling of SOE doing the NGE in Star Wars Galaxies, all over again. The real question is what was the reason for the delay?

Well, the "expansion" from yesterday can not be called "expansion". It is an update at best. And you even have to doubt, if you can call it an update. Normally updates are not a downgrade.

And it is again an "update," that makes me question, why there is even something called "public test server". 95 % of the pts-feedback was negative. And they ignored most of it. Not even the bugs were fixed. They just tweaked a little bit here and there. Essentially the pts is useless.

When I logged in yesterday evening, the first thing I saw in the chat were complaints. Complaints about the UI. Complaints about the combat styles. Complaints about the loadouts. Complaints about the bugs. Complaints about the groupfinder. Complaints about everything, we already criticised on the pts. And wait until they start with that wonderful gearing process.

And then, there is the new "story content". I was finished with it in around 3 hours. Imagine how satisfying that felt!

If Bioware wants to shut down the game, they should be honest about that. Doing it in such a sneaky way, by alienating the players, is simply disrespectul.

I personally am no longer a part of the target group of that game.

Edited by Mankall

After 8 Years as Subscriber i decided to quit now.

Back then at 6.0, all our hard grinded Ossus-WB Gear (258) became useless. Now they do the same with our sets, it took a lot of time to get them all complete (have over 50 toons), grinding the damn tech fragments. The new "second Class" is useless, because you cant change them all the time anyway. Maybe i expected something wrong. I expected a Knight with a double Saber. But you cant play that.

The new Inventory and Character Sheet looks terrible.

I just cant find any Reason that keeps me playing, because all we achieve is going to be destroyed in next updates.

Of all the problems this update is having, gear resets shouldn't be your complaint. That is literally normal for every MMO that raises its level cap. The entire point is to reset everyone.

Of all the problems this update is having, gear resets shouldn't be your complaint. That is literally normal for every MMO that raises its level cap. The entire point is to reset everyone.

And it was very overdue. I've been 306 so long I was beginning to lose the will to continue. But expansions are supposed to make you excited to play again, not make you want to un-sub :D

1st of all, it's not your business to tell another player what should or shouldn't be a complaint. 2nd, what you are saying is technically partially true, but also kind of just straight up wrong. Although it's a pretty common thing in MMOs to raise level cap and also raise gear level, doing so is usually accompanied with a sizable amount of new content. The pairing of the two is what makes it make any kind of RPG sense. You have stuff that is new to explore, so your power level increases and so does your gear. What BW did here is make people overall weaker, increase the level cap, make new gear harder to get, take away their set bonuses so they have to regrind them too, and not even add in new content (other than a tiny bit of story) for people to increase their power on. So it's all the treadmill without any of the substance and from an RPG standpoint, it makes no sense at all. It's just making people regrind so they'll keep playing, despite having nothing interesting to do it on and acting like that's normal is disingenuous as hell.

Edited by Rolodome

In a world where FEELINGS mean more than facts there was never any chance that the ProGGieZ were gonna listen to a bunch of "UzerZ". Sad. .. This was a reasonably fun game with a great set of stories. Okay, enough commiseration. Facts of my experience on one of my maxed out (306 IL) t00nZ. ==> Literally every fight I had the lag went into the red and the game slowed to a point that I would be in jeopardy of surviving. That wasn't just boss fights, though those were worse (lag holes got up to 22 seconds in a couple of cases). Fights with trash was the same way. Now having said that the wife was able to play through and seemed okay. We both have the same Anti-Virus and we are on a mesh network (router) with 300 up and 300 down. I got past the UI changes. I didn't care for them much, but I did finally figure them out (no help to the game itself - Thanks VULKK. IMHO people who alter a known interface should AT THE VERY LEAST provide a link to some kind of an overview how the replacement interface works. After speaking further with the wife she did have problems, but they were different from mine. After going over them it was mostly (again IMHO) because she was ranged and I was melee. Now the story was indeed compelling and perhaps that is what really has me upset. I was given a glimpse of something quite enticing and then provided with a painful experience which ultimately denied me the chance to complete that story. Bottom line - they have 2 weeks to get this ... "mess" cleaned up. If not, well, I guess I can cancel two subscriptions and my wife and I can do something else with our time. perhaps even something productive.

Hohoho.... As I had unsubbed my long time recurring sub when i saw the pathetic changes to the game in early November I can only observe the *****torm from afar. I have no desire...not even a little bit to even log in to the game. Initially i planned to waltz to the 30min-60min story to have some sort of a closure (not that the story was any good from KOTET onward - its a joke), but i have zero desire to touch anything 7.0 related, not to mention puting my CM weapons aside for ridiculous green unmoddable gear.

I can only hope the great minds that conjured 7.0 get their just desserts. Good job destroying the only SW MMO....though i really hope some other studio takes it upon themselves and produce great SW story with great PVP, great PVE. BW has proven unworthy for this great IP.

Well..

I just unsubbed.

I'll watch for changes over the course of the next weeks, but I'm not going to pay for this pile of doggy doodoo.

Hit I for inventory, get blinded. Hit C next, everything flips around the screen, closing my inventory, hooking it up to the character screen, where I am at a loss WHAT part of the UI I'm looking at.. It irks. Badly.

I'm not even going to go into the whole beardlady/chunky looking UI in character creation. That just.. wow.. no..

I've found one, ONE, good thing about this patch, being that I can be an electricity throwing Jedi. It doesn't weigh into ALL the other terrible choices that were made.

So I unsubbed. Shame really, but it is what it is.

edit: a word

Edited by tweemetertwee

If Bioware wants to shut down the game, they should be honest about that. Doing it in such a sneaky way, by alienating the players, is simply disrespectful.

I personally am no longer a part of the target group of that game.

I feel like this sums up the way that many of us feel. My guild returned last year, after being gone for several years. Our hopes were that things had changed, and The Devs were more responsive to the playerbase. I find it hard to believe that after this many years, no one at BioWare understands that this could not be taken well. The bugs that went live, alone, are enough to cause outrage. It literally looks like they have decided to sabotage the game, to get people to leave. Maybe they can get out of a contract if subs drop to a certain level. It was my hope that we could use this expansion to draw back even more guild members to give the game another try. Now, I wonder if we will be able to keep the ones that returned. And as usual, The Dev Team appears unwilling to address the negative feedback. So sad...

I've checked all of my toons and I'm pretty p......!

They murdered the carnage marauder, the commandos and vanguards by removing their defensive skills.

These classes are nearly unplayable.

Somehow I should have known what will happen to Swtor after my complaint about the Secrets of the Enclave drop rate.

Bioware's answer: yeah yeah we care about that and will fix this asap.

They did nothing!

So why in the world they should have cared about the complaints concerning the 7.0 changes?

Today some of my friends tried to persuade me to keep my sub, but I'm so sick and tired of this nonsens.

Nearly all of our longtime guild members have quit so why should I stay?

Maybe I could live with some minor changes, but not with the new equip, the removed skills and the new skilltrees.

Sorry to be harsh, but nice work Biofail you destroyed the only working Star Wars mmo.

It's the UI changes that get me - it's really hard to try and use the new combat styles because something about the flow is much worse with following than the old discipline windows.

Also the inventory UI.

I'd thought it was just a placeholder on PTS, and am now just sad.

Between spinning loading screen for hours, missing cover bar for slingers or snipers, missing CE edition items, client crashes... and the list goes on and on, this is one pure pile of disaster of an 'expansion'

Here is the thing, us veteran players that actually played the PTS extensively and know Bioware told You so here on this very forum but where censored, and ridiculed and told this would never be the case and that all would be fine.

Looking at the impressive list of completely disastrous game bugging bugs - not being able to get past loading screen can be categorized as pretty game breaking for example, must say we have hit the lowest of low in this games history :-(

As someone that supported this game on 2 accounts for over 10 years and spends thousands in the Cartel store this is just completely :(

THANK YOU everyone so far for Your opinions and comments !

As I am also a quite substantial shareholder of EA (through pension funds) I am thinking to write a letter directly to both the Management of Bioware and EA and I will definitely use my time to comment at the next earnings call.

If they want to kill this game they should be upfront about it with their shareholders, there is nothing more to say about this.

Also I truly deeply feel very bad for the employees on the floor, artists etc at Bioware, It must be awful to work there :(

Edited by Shinzzun

Whoever approved the deployment of this "prune abilities, remove PVP needed abilities and oh yeah, let's make the UI UGLY AF" should be fired.

If this doesn't kill the game, nothing will....and from what i hear/see, everyone is leaving in droves for much better games.