7.0 'expansion' = pure disaster ...We told You so ! .....and you where stubborn

Shinzzun

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between spinning loading screen for hours, missing cover bar for slingers or snipers, missing CE edition items, client crashes... and the list goes on and on, this is one pure pile of disaster of an 'expansion'

Here is the thing, us veteran players that actually played the PTS extensively and know Bioware told You so here on this very forum but where censored, and ridiculed and told this would never be the case and that all would be fine.

Looking at the impressive list of completely disastrous game bugging bugs - not being able to get past loading screen can be categorized as pretty game breaking for example, must say we have hit the lowest of low in this games history :-(

As someone that supported this game on 2 accounts for over 10 years and spends thousands in the Cartel store this is just completely :(

It seems a bit premature to declare 7.0 a "disaster" already. 🤔

Bioware wants to end this relationship but doesn't have the guts to approach us to tell us its over. So they will gaslight the process in hopes we break it off and they dont have to deal with the crazy ex.

Straight from /r/relationshipadvice :D

That statement makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.

The devs might indeed want to get assigned to other games, but don't or can't do it directly (for whatever reasons).

I'd say to all of you to boycott playing the game, but:

a) Some people can't play the game anyway due to the no server bug.

b) It's becoming clear that they are ratcheting down the game now for closure.

We genuinely had 2 established players quit our guild and the entire game last night due to their main toon being gutted. (Marauder and Operative). I've never seen that ever... in any MMO except maybe SWG NGE.

I'd say to all of you to boycott playing the game, but:

a) Some people can't play the game anyway due to the no server bug.

b) It's becoming clear that they are ratcheting down the game now for closure.

We genuinely had 2 established players quit our guild and the entire game last night due to their main toon being gutted. (Marauder and Operative). I've never seen that ever... in any MMO except maybe SWG NGE.

Operative ironically is mostly intact. They didn't get hit too hard.

Marauder though? Ooph, they murdered them.

It seems the apprentice Keith succeeded where his master, Ben The MMO Killa™ failed and that's, killing the rest of the playerbase.

Congratulations.

Ya, I didn't think anything could get worse than what Ben "thrill of the hunt" RNG obsession could do. Ironically I'm in favor of the general progression design. Making end game relevant is a good thing, but its the approach they took that is horrible, especially the removal of moddable gear.

Ya, I didn't think anything could get worse than what Ben "thrill of the hunt" RNG obsession could do. Ironically I'm in favor of the general progression design. Making end game relevant is a good thing, but its the approach they took that is horrible, especially the removal of moddable gear.

Why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that? I bet the marketing team were going mad when they saw that gear couldn't be modded in 7.0

:D

This is essentially a re-write of something I posted about...a week ago iirc.

EA loses their exclusive license in 2023. I'm sure negotiations are already taking place, however, if EA wants to continue with SWTOR, they'll have to pay Disney either an annual or a {PERIOD OF TIME} licensing fee.

SWTOR makes money. That's not the issue. (Not as much as you might think, check their filings). Where that money went over the years is anyone's guess, however, I think it's quite apparent the money wasn't plowed back into the game but used to fund other projects. (Cough Anthem cough)

Again, SWTOR makes money. However, it doesn't make ENOUGH money. (A threshold not determined by any of us). EA knows there are other SW games coming down the pike. Furthermore, it's far cheaper to sell copies of SW: Battlefield and simply pay Disney based off of sales, than to pre-pay for a MMO that they've neglected over the years.

(Disney could also simply pull the plug on SWTOR. Not sure they'd go down that road)

What we're seeing with SWTOR is called "sunsetting" a game. Minimal content releases, minimal resources, minimal developer time, maximum financial extraction (CM), before the game shuts down.

EA loses their exclusive license in 2023. I'm sure negotiations are already taking place, however, if EA wants to continue with SWTOR, they'll have to pay Disney either an annual or a {PERIOD OF TIME} licensing fee.

SWTOR makes money. That's not the issue. (Not as much as you might think, check their filings). Where that money went over the years is anyone's guess, however, I think it's quite apparent the money wasn't plowed back into the game but used to fund other projects. (Cough Anthem cough)

Again, SWTOR makes money. However, it doesn't make ENOUGH money. (A threshold not determined by any of us). EA knows there are other SW games coming down the pike. Furthermore, it's far cheaper to sell copies of SW: Battlefield and simply pay Disney based off of sales, than to pre-pay for a MMO that they've neglected over the years.

(Disney could also simply pull the plug on SWTOR. Not sure they'd go down that road)

What we're seeing with SWTOR is called "sunsetting" a game. Minimal content releases, minimal resources, minimal developer time, maximum financial extraction (CM), before the game shuts down.

I think it's inevitable now. Declining subs year on year. They won't pay good money after bad.

I logged in and was shocked. This is a chaotic mess, I can't even...

I love this game, but I'll hit the unsubscribe button and play WoW instead. WoW is in a terrible shape as well, but at least it's still playable.

See you later, hopefully this mess will be fixed sometime...

I've been playing since the beta. I've NEVER seen it this bad. This update is not good and most of the playerbase is clearly mad. It wasn't even close to this bad with galactic command and people hated that update but still tolerated it. This update is on a whole different level and its going to end poorly for the game.

Isn't it? Remember when the game was so bad there was a mass exodus resulting in them emailing a lot of us asking why and wanting our feedback? That was bad then but this is far, far worse.

I keep wondering ...

Just WHAT exactly did they spend two months fixing?

They spent a lot of time making sure that we were stronger... not.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=10001090&postcount=137

players have the ability to become stronger in 7.0 more than they have been able to in previous updates.

If that's so, I'd like to know why the first relic that I got has the same stats than a 306. Not talking about the stats per se but its effect.

https://i.ibb.co/VS7cfcv/relic318.jpg

Why is a 318 relic granting 2892 crit rating, which is as much as a 306 relic? I don't expect to be all powerful with that kind of rating (although I have played on PTS, grinded to 326, fully augmented and I certainly didn't feel any increase in power, on the contrary... I guess that's a benefit only to the NiM raiders since the rest of us are just peons) but why is a 318 relic not a step up from a 306??

Edited by demotivator

Why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that? I bet the marketing team were going mad when they saw that gear couldn't be modded in 7.0

:D

If I had to guess? Getting rid of all the different levels and tiers of mods and just having mods for one item level and making everything else static is probably easier on dev time. I said it when they first announced that change that this really shows just how understaffed and underbudgeted the game is.

The deal BW has with LucasArts for swtor is separate from the EA deal with disney. That said, the license for swtor I believe ends this year.

I logged in and was shocked. This is a chaotic mess, I can't even...

I love this game, but I'll hit the unsubscribe button and play WoW instead. WoW is in a terrible shape as well, but at least it's still playable.

See you later, hopefully this mess will be fixed sometime...

You should give FFXIV a try. It dumps all over WoW.

That dude delivered dead Anthem and the same RNG bs.

Grind for useless green gear.

What's funny, that looks exactly like what we have right now.

I got 318 gear set, which is stat-wise actually worse than my 306 augmented gear.

Also, the thing I don't get is the removal of set bonuses from 306 gear, just to be replaced with non-modable gear without any bonuses.

It just doesn't make any sense.

15,168 playing 7 min ago

19,054 24-hour peak

27,416 all-time peak

Let's check back over the next week and see how those numbers trend? Shall we?

Don't really need to? if you see those numbers and try to justify it as a means the expansion is not a flop then you need to leave your sheep pen and open your eyes.

This is the release of an expansion after 3 years of the last one. It should be hyped and overplayed, people shouldn't be logging off. But i'm sorry, if on the day of release the "Majority are in the game enjoying it" and that majority on average of the numbers you post during 24hour peak on an expansion launch day is 19,000 people....that's a flop that's a huge flop

It means the game from sub numbers is bringing in 3.4 Million a year in revenue lol. IF those numbers stay the same for an entire year which they won't they will decrease. They better hope they make some amazing broken cartel market releases to milk the sheep or this game is bye soon.

Kinda curious if a new Star Wars MMO is in development, The Old Republic replaced Galaxies and Lucas film/Disney only wants one Star Wars MMO on the market at a time. And this game looks to be going the way of Galaxies.

Actually the end of SWG was all about giving, not about taking away. You had the possibility to get crystals that were no longer obtainable for instance. And they were still working on QoL and new mechanics until the end, like atmospheric flight.

Actually the end of SWG was all about giving, not about taking away. You had the possibility to get crystals that were no longer obtainable for instance. And they were still working on QoL and new mechanics until the end, like atmospheric flight.

on the bright side, maybe we'll get swtor classic/legacy servers earlier than expected :D

edit: wrong person ups, lol

Edited by meddani

At this moment the only option is the nuclear option, however the nuclear option IS THE ONLY OPTION.

SERVER RESTORE PRIOR TO THE EXPANSION HIT. SCRATCH THE EXPANSION, AND JUST GIVE US THE STORY AND UPDATED TEXTURES ON MAPS (AND ANY ART UPDATE).

I could not agree more. All of the bugs I've encountered so far have made progressing through the storyline difficult and I'm currently stuck in the Ruin of Nul flashpoint because of the huge bug in the Darth Malgus encounter. The look and feel of the UI "upgrades" reminds me (as it does most everyone else), of the NGE of SWG and I was one of the 400K players that left after that fiasco.

As far as I'm concerned, this all need to be rolled back to before the 7.0 patch. The didn't listen to the players, they didn't take the time to make sure things worked, and it feels like they are trying to make this a console game...and we know how that went for SWG.

At this point, it feels like EA is just stealing my money. I don't want to play this garbage and frankly, even IF they fix everything, I doubt I'll want to resub any time soon. I don't want to waste what little I have left for gaming if the game is horrible.

Whoever rushed this and didn't bother to listen to the players? I hope closing our wallets to your game will help you reconsider the value of the players you have left.

Edited by Revod