7.0 'expansion' = pure disaster ...We told You so ! .....and you where stubborn

Shinzzun

I've been playing since the beta. I've NEVER seen it this bad. This update is not good and most of the playerbase is clearly mad. It wasn't even close to this bad with galactic command and people hated that update but still tolerated it. This update is on a whole different level and its going to end poorly for the game.

You're probably right, this is the most negativity I've seen on the forums, although it has always been overwhelmingly negative. But this is one of the biggest changes they've made.

My experience has been different. I like most of the changes. I hated the old conquest system and I strongly prefer it with the new changes. I absolutely love the new combat system. I don't love the limit on flashpoints in the group finder.

I've been playing with my guild all day, and the responses from our members have been overwhelmingly positive. It feels like a huge modernization of a game that I really liked but felt old and creaky in many ways.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I solo so I know I don't count.

All I got from this ' Expansion' is more grind,

I have 16 toons and it'll take me ages to level and gear them.

"Do Ops and PvP etc..etc..." You say.

Do content I hate?

Nope.

Good for you if you do that content.

I never will.

why bother getting gear for solo content? you can do solo stuff naked :rak_02:

SERVER RESTORE PRIOR TO THE EXPANSION HIT. SCRATCH THE EXPANSION, AND JUST GIVE US THE STORY AND UPDATED TEXTURES ON MAPS (AND ANY ART UPDATE).

It's painfully obvious this was the plan.

It's clear that those two unrelated stories - one on Manaan and one in the Sith temple - were meant to be updates, not an expansion. They stitched them together to give us this awful Frankenstein monster... well, almost Frankenstein monster - the monster looked better than those new menus.

Between spinning loading screen for hours, missing cover bar for slingers or snipers, missing CE edition items, client crashes... and the list goes on and on, this is one pure pile of disaster of an 'expansion'

Here is the thing, us veteran players that actually played the PTS extensively and know Bioware told You so here on this very forum but where censored, and ridiculed and told this would never be the case and that all would be fine.

Looking at the impressive list of completely disastrous game bugging bugs - not being able to get past loading screen can be categorized as pretty game breaking for example, must say we have hit the lowest of low in this games history :-(

As someone that supported this game on 2 accounts for over 10 years and spends thousands in the Cartel store this is just completely :(

This isnt in any way helpful or constructive, I believe the devs are doing there best. If you hate the game so much, go play a different game, instead of coming on the forum and raging how about starting a thread with ways to improve the game

snip".

Found the apologist :D where Else you're gonna Listen to Feedback if not ingame or in the forum? Change is bad if it's for the worse like in this case. Funny how most of the replies in this thread agree with me lol.

Edited by meddani

All you need to know about the quality and design skill in this expansion is that they increased the level cap, and at the SAME time they gutted skills out of your class. So you have more levels to grind through with LESS to show for it...If they want to make you pick between necessary skills you are used to using, they should be grouped in a sensible way...like pick a mez from 3 mez's, not choose between a mez, or an escape, or damage ability, 2 out of 3 are essential to gameplay and iconic for the class. These people are morons. They have broken what wasn't broken, needlessly.

It is completely asinine.

I'm ok with the bugs that will likely get fixed, im not a fan of the new UI but i can live with it the classes thing is not as expected its just an expanded reskill on the go really. and i can forgive all of that but calling it an expansion in a game where story and lore is such a huge thing and give 2 hours of it (of which its mostly just fighting mobs and bugs so 2h is being generous) being none the wiser of any new actual story content other than dropping the name Darth Nox is just a total and utter joke

This isnt an expansion... its a UI overhaul calling it anything else is just stupid and false advertisement to lure people into subbing, sadly the bulk will unsub again and has lost faith which is an utter shame as id love to see this game succeed.

Change in 2 words: This sucks.

Spoilers may ensue. Fair warning.

Longer explanation:

New area:

I played thru this with BH: Shield Tech (Tank), because that's the only char I'd finished Everything else on.

Expansion area buggy as hell. Had to log out to SH because I could not climb stairs out of area where you denotate some mines.

I had to use my heroic ability to kill mobs because they placed too many "healing" mobs right next to regular mobs and it took like 10 minutes to kill each pair.

I'm used to using heroic on bosses and it taking a while to kill them. This includes startroopers in the Veteran mode Star Fortresses. Not on regular non-heroic mobs.

New flashpoint:

Cinamatic trailer was excellent. However, had nothing to do with what story I saw in Null flashpoiint.

I gave flashpoint feedback in the "heroics and flashpoint" sections. Long story short :Malgus was unkillable for me.

Switching specs: Liked the "story" they put into it. The abilities themselves though, I take care to set up my screen and slots how they are convenient to me to play. Didn't work well with the rollout .

The abilities themselves were nerfed. I geared up my tank BH as usual and then used some stuff I had in my vault for her other spec. (I did operative because I also have played that class). Anyhow, I couldn't hide from a mob on HUTTA - lowest mobs in the game. (not that I couldn't wipe the floor with it, just that if you have a spec which you are able to hide, you should be able to actually .... Hide.)

RP wise, it was fun for my DS 5 Jedi to finally be able to force choke ( as a jug) or lightning bolt. But other than RP, the mechanics that were taken away, especially for Jugg's, do Not make me a happy camper.

And if these are not patched fairly quickly and corrected, this unhappy camper may just pack up my tent and leave.

No warnings were given that the "spoils of war" vendor does not sell anything over 306 either.

Major UI downgrade, heck, they only did it to the windows we use the most, the rest still use the old UI.

Also where are my abilities all of the sudden?

Honestly this incompetence reminds me why I stopped playing long ago. It's almost as if I want to apply for a job in BW myself to just freaking do it right for once.

I keep wondering ...

Just WHAT exactly did they spend two months fixing?

Why do people keep thinking that they worked 2 months on fixing things?

They went on holidays from early December to mid January and closed office doors.

They worked maximum 3 weeks on the fixes.

Between spinning loading screen for hours, missing cover bar for slingers or snipers, missing CE edition items, client crashes... and the list goes on and on, this is one pure pile of disaster of an 'expansion'

Here is the thing, us veteran players that actually played the PTS extensively and know Bioware told You so here on this very forum but where censored, and ridiculed and told this would never be the case and that all would be fine.

Looking at the impressive list of completely disastrous game bugging bugs - not being able to get past loading screen can be categorized as pretty game breaking for example, must say we have hit the lowest of low in this games history :-(

As someone that supported this game on 2 accounts for over 10 years and spends thousands in the Cartel store this is just completely :(

I wish I could give you a thousand thumbs up for this post. I too have been playing since launch of SWTOR. I played the PTS as well, and absolutely hated it. So now, at 7.0 launch, and reading the forum comments, I have decided to drop both of my subs as well. I have not even downloaded the new content!

Bioware should have put a lot more thought into this expansion. And it looks like the player input was just thrown into the trash can.

There are tons of bugs in the game that should have been fixed, tons of other better ideas that should have been implemented. But, oh well. I would say that 7.0 will have the opposite effect Bioware was hoping for. I can foresee lots of players dropping subs and moving on to other MMO's. Which is sad, because I really, really enjoyed playing this game. Just too bad the management will not listen to who pays their salary. And on that note, I am no longer paying.

Peace out SWTOR, it was a good 10 years...

My experience has been different. I like most of the changes. I hated the old conquest system and I strongly prefer it with the new changes. I absolutely love the new combat system. I don't love the limit on flashpoints in the group finder.

Clearly lies from someone who never conquested before. Explain what "new changes" you like compared to "old conquest system". i.e. this was bad -> this is better.

All you need to know about the quality and design skill in this expansion is that they increased the level cap, and at the SAME time they gutted skills out of your class. So you have more levels to grind through with LESS to show for it...If they want to make you pick between necessary skills you are used to using, they should be grouped in a sensible way...like pick a mez from 3 mez's, not choose between a mez, or an escape, or damage ability, 2 out of 3 are essential to gameplay and iconic for the class. These people are morons. They have broken what wasn't broken, needlessly.

It is completely asinine.

Pretty much this. It's fortunate they did not force such choices in every tier, and they had some genuinely good ideas in the mix (like the upgrade choices to the most central abilities for any build on low levels). But all in all, I slightly preferred the old way, simply due to the "ditch essential stuff, but you get to shoose which" brilliance. If they would not have that and kept all the essentials in (my tank can no longer AoE stun and reflect damage, yey...), I'd wholeheartedly embrace this part.

Spending way more time doing conquest for less reward = moar funz!

To be fair, increasing the goal is a solid way of making people play more. But then obviously the rewards have to be adjusted to account for the increased effort to preserve the effort-reward-ratio. BUt it is quite clear that whoever ordered all those sweeping changes wouldn't know logic if it hit them in the face (investing work and resources into making stuff objectively worse is not a good use of either).

To be fair, increasing the goal is a solid way of making people play more. But then obviously the rewards have to be adjusted to account for the increased effort to preserve the effort-reward-ratio. BUt it is quite clear that whoever ordered all those sweeping changes wouldn't know logic if it hit them in the face (investing work and resources into making stuff objectively worse is not a good use of either).

I have a finite amount of time to play. I have a lot of alts. Those alts just won't get played anymore, but I get your point.

Very well said. I am having deja vu of SWG NGE :mad: For some reason BW/EA is trying to kill alts. I have only 16 alts and now I have to grind only on 5 in a week. I think they won['t be able to release new content before the new star wars MMO is released by Ubisoft, so they are trying to slow us down.

What the heck has been the big idea when you removed abilities / put them together in one choice????

We told you that this would be a pretty bad idea, but you didn't listen

Example 1:

You took away all of my Commando Heal's defensive skills and put them together in one choice.

I've to choose between:

- sticky grenade and stealth scan

- reflexive shield and cell capacitator

- forced march and adrenal surge

- cryo grenade, hold the line and echoing deterrence

- concusion force and trauma stabilizer

You transformed my heal into a lame duck!

Example 2:

You took away all of the Carnage marauder's defensive abilities:

Now I can choose between a completly defensive or offensive skilled marauder, which is total nonsens.

Did you create these changes for toddlers?

The abilities and the passives have been ok why in the world did you do this to us?

Fortunately I'll cancel my subscribtion (like I mentioned in several threads) after 10 nice years playing Swtor.

I'm sorry for the guilds and single players which have been supported by me and our guilds, but we won't support

such a kind of nonsens.