7.0 'expansion' = pure disaster ...We told You so ! .....and you where stubborn

Shinzzun

i mean every new expansion has those couple of "omg they ruined the game!" and "you killed the game!!111" naggers but....HOLY MOLY!!! literally no one likes these changes! even in game in the chats ....safe to say this is the worst expansion by far :D

Yeah because people in chat and on the forums are representative of the player-base, right? They are simply a loud minority. I'm willing to bet the majority of the player-base simply deal with the changes.

People like you remind me of the Daily Mail reading NIMBY type. "Waaaahhh change, change is bad".

Edited by rumpol

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah because people in chat and on the forums are representative of the player-base, right? They are simply a loud minority. I'm willing to bet the majority if the player-base simply deal with the changes.

You know what, they should just delete the forums because the majority are happy playing the game right? Who cares what a "minority" has to say?

I'm willing to bet the majority if the player-base simply deal with the changes.

Sure, the silent majority pays, plays story, buys some shiny stuff and is excited for a month. But many of them will move on after 1-2 months. The playerbase who kept their sub for years, many of them seem dissapointed. Maybe this time too many of them will leave too.

Sure, the silent majority pays, plays story, buys some shiny stuff and is excited for a month. But many of them will move on after 1-2 months. The playerbase who kept their sub for years, many of them seem dissapointed. Maybe this time too many of them will leave too.

Games like this, including market leaders like WoW, know full well that most players come back for the new content, stick around for a month or so and move on. These types of games are designed around that.

I fully believe that many people don't like these changes, but nearly everyone in my guild is loving them and having a blast. I personally love them. I think it modernizes the game a great deal. I felt the old systems were old and dated.

I woukd certainly loved to see more content, but given limited resources they chose to do this. I personally love it, and would much rather have these changes than 5 more hours of story content and a few more flashpoints. Sure, I'd love to have both. But I think these changes create a better future.

Again, I totally understand many disagree. I believe they genuinely don't like the changes. But in 10 years of playing this name I've seen the same reaction about every substantive change, and these changes are very substantial.

Yeah because people in chat and on the forums are representative of the player-base, right?

Generally speaking? Yes they are. When there is more negativity than there is positivity both on the forums and in game.....there's a friggan problem.

I said all would be forgiven if the story was good. Well it wasn't. In fact, there was no story, just two flashpoints

and in the first one, we ended up killing one of the hyped up new characters. And as for the whole Malgus thing in the second FP, where did all of us Sith suddenly get that power we used to subdue him? What happened to Arcann's mission?

I'm still wondering how this is worse than the PTS (which I enjoyed & could forgive the problems because I thought they'd be dealt with). It is clear much of our PTS feedback on the issues was ignored. I hate say it (and I really mean that) but it's such a disappointment that I may very well be out (or at the very least cancelling my sub and just playing class stories).

They should have further delayed the release which would have allowed time to take action on all of our PTS feedback and fix the issue. And then taken the time to develop the story - those two FPs just seemed wrong; like some part of the story was completely missing.

They may think the comments in this thread are harsh but compared to the trashing they've been getting in general chat (at least on DM) this is mild.

Overall 1/10 and that 1 is for the Hover Pod.

ETA:

At this moment the only option is the nuclear option, however the nuclear option IS THE ONLY OPTION.

SERVER RESTORE PRIOR TO THE EXPANSION HIT. SCRATCH THE EXPANSION, AND JUST GIVE US THE STORY AND UPDATED TEXTURES ON MAPS (AND ANY ART UPDATE).

^This is the answer.

Edited by Sarova

This entire update is a massive downgrade. They have made the game worse in every way possible.

My go to sleep tactical isn't taking valuable inventory space anymore and I thoroughly enjoyed that 100 credits when I did my first gear repair. I mean it paid for like 1/3 of the bill. Pretty damn good.

Generally speaking? Yes they are. When there is more negativity than there is positivity both on the forums and in game.....there's a friggan problem.

I'm not saying there aren't valid complaints, but I've been playing this game on and off for 10 years and there has always been far more negativity than positivity on these forums. Especially when there have been system changes.

Edited by Eldrenath

I'm not saying there aren't valid complaints, but I've been playing this game on and off for 10 years and there has always been far more negativity than positivity on these forums. Especially when there have been system changes.

do you like the UI?

Yes, we knew it.

Yes, we informed them thusly about it.

What I don't understand:

How can any of you nonetheless be in any way surprised about it?

I mean, as you say yourself: We knew.

I have 2 weeks left. And I won't even install this male cow's excrement.

I wonder if people will get a sideways promotion away from swtor like Ben Irving did or just shown the door. My money is on a sideways promotion.

I fully believe that many people don't like these changes, but nearly everyone in my guild is loving them and having a blast. I personally love them. I think it modernizes the game a great deal. I felt the old systems were old and dated.

Please expand on this.

The most frustrating thing about the update, is that we needed a story line, new flashpoints, new ops, new PVP areas, new rewards, new armor (cosmetic and functional), and YOU DIDN'T LISTEN. You gave us everything that we did not want, and you made it grindy as heck.

We trialed things on PTS, we worked at it because we wanted this to be good. This should be a day of celebration for all of us (the players and Bioware). Now, it is a day of EMBARRASMENT for you. We didn't want this to be bad, we wanted it to be good. Why didn't you listen.

I am sorry that I am so worked up over this, but I have invested a lot of time in this game, and I had high hopes for this anniversary.

There is more that I want to say, but I am too upset to properly choose my words. But, I am not the only one here that is upset.

I call Bull. Please explain what they like about them instead of make a sweeping statement.

I solo so I know I don't count.

All I got from this ' Expansion' is more grind,

I have 16 toons and it'll take me ages to level and gear them.

"Do Ops and PvP etc..etc..." You say.

Do content I hate?

Nope.

Good for you if you do that content.

I never will.

Edited by Rammboo

I've been playing since the beta. I've NEVER seen it this bad. This update is not good and most of the playerbase is clearly mad. It wasn't even close to this bad with galactic command and people hated that update but still tolerated it. This update is on a whole different level and its going to end poorly for the game.

I said all would be forgiven if the story was good. Well it wasn't. In fact, there was no story, just two flashpoints

and in the first one, we ended up killing one of the hyped up new characters. And as for the whole Malgus thing in the second FP, where did all of us Sith suddenly get that power we used to subdue him? What happened to Arcann's mission?

Overall 1/10 and that 1 is for the Hover Pod.

I haven't done the story yet, but I'm relieved that so far they haven't brought Vaylin back from the dead. I decided to drop down to preferred for awhile. With the massive nerfs to conquest and the activity finder, there is just no need to keep access to all of my alts. Since I need my fluff, I'm planning to get the "CE" package. Oh yay, my sub renewed earlier today. Looks like I'll have 2 months of forum posting.

I'll be getting the pod, but I wish there were a hint of something cute in it...