7.0 'expansion' = pure disaster ...We told You so ! .....and you where stubborn

Shinzzun

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, if this is some of the replies you get from people working there then idk what kind of place this is anymore lmao.

https://ibb.co/q7KVxF2

Apparently they are unaware that there isn't even master looter in the game anymore & that everything is personal loot.

I even wrote this: https://ibb.co/JFRKL3b & as you can see from my previous picture they claimed that I wrote 22th not 21th.

They are so lost atm.

Edited by dready_tv

This whole excuse for an "expansion" debacle is the nail in the coffin for me. Sub runs out in March and I'll be uninstalling Swtor.

Ive been here for 10 years...Been a Hardcore Raider/PvP'er until my time was pre-occupied with real life, and now i am a self confessed casual.

*** have you guys done !?!? This game is totally Anti -Alt and casual player friendly.

Now people wont be buying your nice re-hashed weapon/Armor skins because you guys have totally screwed up the modables, maybe that will be your excuse to raise the sub ?

Suggestion : FIRE WHOEVER THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Future suggestions : DO NOT SAY A THING IS AN EXPAC WHEN IT IS NOT

Further Future Suggestion : DO NOT HIRE IDIOTS THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHJAT THE FANBASE WANTS

unfortunately my game re-subbed for another 30 days a few days ago, and i cant get a refund, after that, i am out, nice way to alienate your fanbase. Idiots.

Subscriber since day 1. Subscription cancelled and I am done with this abortion. To all the Devs and SWTOR staff....You don't have a bleeping clue about your players...Thaks for destroying an enjoyable game. There is literally nothing positive about 7.0. It is a complete Cluster Fxxx.

Time to find another game to play from another gaming company.:mad:

I

Suggestion : FIRE WHOEVER THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Future suggestions : DO NOT SAY A THING IS AN EXPAC WHEN IT IS NOT

Further Future Suggestion : DO NOT HIRE IDIOTS THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHJAT THE FANBASE WANTS

This should have been done unfortunately long time ago. The current team after 5.0 has been in charge of the most pathetic years of SWTOR.

This should have been done unfortunately long time ago. The current team after 5.0 has been in charge of the most pathetic years of SWTOR.

To be fair I think they lost their development money post 5.0. Up to then we had one expac per year. After that everyone went into "finish Anthem fast" mode and I'm not sure they ever came back.

To be fair I think they lost their development money post 5.0. Up to then we had one expac per year. After that everyone went into "finish Anthem fast" mode and I'm not sure they ever came back.

Afaik they are on the next Dragon Age and Mass Effect titles.

Perhaps, but nonetheless money isnt everything....its what you decide to do with limited resources that is equally important.

Perhaps, but nonetheless money isnt everything....its what you decide to do with limited resources that is equally important.

You can have all the money in the world and still not allocate it properly or get a good result. You only have to look at Star Citizen as an example of wasting money and resources. If that game ever gets released it will be the most expensively developed game in the history of games. It’s already the most expensive non released game in history.

Players specifically said to them at the beginning of the 7.0 PTS process that BioWare were biting off more than they could chew. Their over ambitious goals didn’t equal the budget, resources and I dare say, the talent required to pull it off in the time frame they allocated themselves to achieve it.

This was always going to be a failure when the players could plainly see BioWare’s limitations better than BioWare could. BioWare didn’t even understand and still don’t understand their own limitations with this game. Players pointed out 8 months ago what the issues would around this release and most of those predictions came true.

What blows my mind about all of this, is if players who have no access to internal data, budgets or the RL internal workings of BioWare, could see the problems using anecdotal evidence, how could the project leads and producers not see the same problems that have mostly come to pass with this release (I can’t bring my self to call it an expansion).

Is it mismanagement or do they have so much spreadsheet data and game theory they play around with and massage to fit their own narratives, that they get lost in it? That’s why they should engage with the player base more and actually listen to them and bounce ideas off them before moving forward with concrete plans. Instead of trying to go it alone all the time and getting it wrong. We’ve all seen how badly BioWare fails when it refuses proper engagement with the player base and we’ve seen them succeed when they do (Rishi SH example).

With this 7.0 failure, they have lost the trust of much of the player base, especially those who tested on the PTS for them. BioWare will need to try and build up trust with proper developer and producer communication and community involvement if BioWare wants help to dig themselves out of this hole. It needs to be a more two way street with them to build trust and then take us along for the ride with them.

Nearly all of the problems with 7.0 could have been avoided if they’d engaged the players properly. None of this needed to happen. 7.0 could have been the celebration that swtor, the devs and the players deserved.

You can have all the money in the world and still not allocate it properly or get a good result. You only have to look at Star Citizen as an example of wasting money and resources. If that game ever gets released it will be the most expensively developed game in the history of games. It’s already the most expensive non released game in history.

Players specifically said to them at the beginning of the 7.0 PTS process that BioWare were biting off more than they could chew. Their over ambitious goals didn’t equal the budget, resources and I dare say, the talent required to pull it off in the time frame they allocated themselves to achieve it.

This was always going to be a failure when the players could plainly see BioWare’s limitations better than BioWare could. BioWare didn’t even understand and still don’t understand their own limitations with this game. Players pointed out 8 months ago what the issues would around this release and most of those predictions came true.

What blows my mind about all of this, is if players who have no access to internal data, budgets or the RL internal workings of BioWare, could see the problems using anecdotal evidence, how could the project leads and producers not see the same problems that have mostly come to pass with this release (I can’t bring my self to call it an expansion).

Is it mismanagement or do they have so much spreadsheet data and game theory they play around with and massage to fit their own narratives, that they get lost in it? That’s why they should engage with the player base more and actually listen to them and bounce ideas off them before moving forward with concrete plans. Instead of trying to go it alone all the time and getting it wrong. We’ve all seen how badly BioWare fails when it refuses proper engagement with the player base and we’ve seen them succeed when they do (Rishi SH example).

With this 7.0 failure, they have lost the trust of much of the player base, especially those who tested on the PTS for them. BioWare will need to try and build up trust with proper developer and producer communication and community involvement if BioWare wants help to dig themselves out of this hole. It needs to be a more two way street with them to build trust and then take us along for the ride with them.

Nearly all of the problems with 7.0 could have been avoided if they’d engaged the players properly. None of this needed to happen. 7.0 could have been the celebration that swtor, the devs and the players deserved.

Arrogance....Incompetence...this pretty much sums it up. This is why they though 7.0 would be a great idea. I personally do not trust them for many years now. Long ago with what they did after 5.0 and what they did to my beloved Mass Effect with that degenerate ME:A. Myself being a great fan of the old ME and DA I am not looking forward to their next installments. I wont pre-order them and will keep a close eye on the reviews before even consider buying them.

Even though I disliked Anthem and never planned on playing it, I was horrified how they outright lied to the players there and what they did to the game. It is inexcusable.

And here people think that they will again listen to them and fix everything and keep delivering content through the 10 year celebration - looool.

I can only hope whoever did all the decision with 7.0 would be kicked out and never be let near any game again.

Edited by ExarSun

Even though I disliked Anthem and never planned on playing it, I was horrified how they outright lied to the players there and what they did to the game. It is inexcusable.

I can only hope whoever did all the decision with 7.0 would be kicked out and never be let near any game again.

Some of those same people who did that to the players in Anthem, came back to swtor when EA pulled the plug. That’s when the game direction started to change again.

Before they came back, Kieth seemed to be righting the sinking ship. Since they’ve come back to the game in different roles, BioWares made questionable decisions that have driven even more players away from the game and taken as much fun out of it as possible.

You know nothing will happen to the people who influenced the games direction in 7.0. They’ll probably get a promotion into another project cause failing up is how you seem to progress the fastest at BioWare/EA.

Edited by Totemdancer

Arrogance....Incompetence...this pretty much sums it up. This is why they though 7.0 would be a great idea. I personally do not trust them for many years now. Long ago with what they did after 5.0 and what they did to my beloved Mass Effect with that degenerate ME:A. Myself being a great fan of the old ME and DA I am not looking forward to their next installments. I wont pre-order them and will keep a close eye on the reviews before even consider buying them.

And here people think that they will again listen to them and fix everything and keep delivering content through the 10 year celebration - looool.

Ben Irving got even promoted after almost successfully killing SWTOR and delivering dead Anthem.

Kicking out? Not gonna happen.

expension 6.0 was much much better then 7.0 is.

2 hours off story is all we get.

2 month's delay for what?

when you reach level 80 in the 2 hours story line there is notting to do any more.

the new weekly mission roation system has fail hard we have see this week.

there remove rawon system and not replace it with something new what players can do when there are max level.

so far 7.0 has fail hard and its really worse what there told before the lauch that its becoming worse.