Swapping combat style swapped my entire faction, stranding me on republic side.

MordaineAcea

Title. I was a bounty hunter, logged in after a long absence and did the quest to get vanguard combat style. The moment I tried to go to my ship I was booted to republic fleet (i was on imperial fleet), with an error message "you have no ship", and I have absolutely no way to go anywhere or do anything, let alone go back to my faction. Showing all my friends as enemy faction and me being unable to whisper them.

Is this a joke?

Edited by MordaineAcea

Title. I was a bounty hunter, logged in after a long absence and did the quest to get vanguard combat style. The moment I tried to go to my ship I was booted to republic fleet (i was on imperial fleet), with an error message "you have no ship", and I have absolutely no way to go anywhere or do anything, let alone go back to my faction. Showing all my friends as enemy faction and me being unable to whisper them.

Is this a joke?

Can you get some screenshots of some of this? Not that I believe you're lying, but holy crap that's a massive bug to let slip through the cracks.

*** am I to do with shuttles? Im literally stuck on republic side while im a BH and it tells me that im now a trooper. Plus i cant use my ship to fly anywhere because it tells me i dont have one. How are shuttles and group finder going to help me, exactly. My main is bricked.

*** am I to do with shuttles? Im literally stuck on republic side while im a BH and it tells me that im now a trooper. Plus i cant use my ship to fly anywhere because it tells me i dont have one. How are shuttles and group finder going to help me, exactly. My main is bricked.

You say it happened when you added Vanguard style? Try switching back to Bounty Hunter style and then using a shuttle to one of the starter planets. That may kick you back the other way.

You say it happened when you added Vanguard style? Try switching back to Bounty Hunter style and then using a shuttle to one of the starter planets. That may kick you back the other way.

Yes, I thought of that, but here's the thing - I can't do that either. It shows as if I don't have a second combat style:

https://gyazo.com/d83cf13ed8bec7d98acf17842424e575

Here is a screenshot of my bounty hunter on the imperial fleet, and this is what I see. I can't swap back, it's bricked.

https://gyazo.com/46be2f8e46f1e0307077031a246d811e

This is some sort of madness. And I had completed act 3 quests on my bounty hunter, by the way.

I logged back in after a long absence, and I immediately took the combat style quest because I wanted to play a BH with a blaster rifle. So then it showed as if this is my one and only combat style, and it literally faction swapped my bounty hunter to a republic trooper, stranded there without a ship. And I don't see a way to revert back to my original char!

And yes, this character was an Imperial Bounty Hunter - mercenary. Now it turned into a republic trooper without a ship, stranded on the fleet.

Edited by MordaineAcea

Have you tried going to a stronghold? Especially a neutral one and exiting there?

Have you tried going to a stronghold? Especially a neutral one and exiting there?

Yes, I thought of that, but here's the thing - I can't do that either. It shows as if I don't have a second combat style:

https://gyazo.com/d83cf13ed8bec7d98acf17842424e575

Here is a screenshot of my bounty hunter on the imperial fleet, and this is what I see. I can't swap back, it's bricked.

https://gyazo.com/46be2f8e46f1e0307077031a246d811e

This is some sort of madness. And I had completed act 3 quests on my bounty hunter, by the way.

I logged back in after a long absence, and I immediately took the combat style quest because I wanted to play a BH with a blaster rifle. So then it showed as if this is my one and only combat style, and it literally faction swapped my bounty hunter to a republic trooper, stranded there without a ship. And I don't see a way to revert back to my original char!

And yes, this character was an Imperial Bounty Hunter - mercenary. Now it turned into a republic trooper without a ship, stranded on the fleet.

I've had the same issue,

Luckily for me I went from Knight to Consular (Sentinel to Shadow) so i'm still on republic side, BUT I am stranded without a ship and no way of reverting back to sentinel.

I completed the story also, and yet it won't let me change, i'll attach some screenshots.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IsRsm40rmywKbfz6AivFZ6fjsdVZh5qA?usp=sharing

Let's hope that Bioware take notice.

I was really looking forward to this feature.

Edited by jackbarrie
Added quote.

I've had the same issue,

Luckily for me I went from Knight to Consular (Sentinel to Shadow) so i'm still on republic side, BUT I am stranded without a ship and no way of reverting back to sentinel.

I completed the story also, and yet it won't let me change, i'll attach some screenshots.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IsRsm40rmywKbfz6AivFZ6fjsdVZh5qA?usp=sharing

Let's hope that Bioware take notice.

I was really looking forward to this feature.

I have a few questions for you (and anybody else going through this same issue) if you don't mind.

Did the switch happen immediately upon choosing your second combat style, or did you have to manually switch to it first?

Do you still have Doc available as a companion? (He's the only Knight companion that other classes can't get)

Since you're on the Republic side officially, if you talk to a quest giver on the fleet, do you still have the Knight's voice or did it switch to the Consular? There should be some quest givers for things like FPs and daily area breadcrumbs that you can test this on.

EDIT: Based on this thread, it seems like Act 3 isn't the problem, so I removed that question. Although, based on that thread, did you just recently resub? Maybe that's the piece that's tying this together.

Just trying to get some information that could both 1, solidify for Bioware that this isn't a misunderstanding and there is a serious problem here and 2, hopefully get some insight on what might be going on so they can get it fixed quicker.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

i was a mercenary pre patch i figured id try out scoundrel but now i'm stuck being scoundrel and i can't pick mercenary and it changed me to republic this glitch is so bad in fact when i switched my style i queued for a flashpoint and i was with imp faction player anyway while being considered republic i couldn't heal them or revive them since they are technically enemies

This has happen to me too. Had a trooper, thought I go Operative, and now my trooper is am Imperial operative with no ship.

Also I have a Jedi Knight Sentinel thought i go Shadow......big mistake, because no my JK is now consider 100% Consulor with the voice and everything, plus no ship.

I have sent tickets to Bioware to fix this, but there response is of someone that could care less about our problem. The replies back are basically, "its working as intended", and not their problem.

Its absolutely shameful. Not that it really matters, but being a founder member, pre order in 2011, and they could care less to not even read what our problems are.

I have a few questions for you (and anybody else going through this same issue) if you don't mind.

Did the switch happen immediately upon choosing your second combat style, or did you have to manually switch to it first?

Do you still have Doc available as a companion? (He's the only Knight companion that other classes can't get)

Since you're on the Republic side officially, if you talk to a quest giver on the fleet, do you still have the Knight's voice or did it switch to the Consular? There should be some quest givers for things like FPs and daily area breadcrumbs that you can test this on.

EDIT: Based on this thread, it seems like Act 3 isn't the problem, so I removed that question. Although, based on that thread, did you just recently resub? Maybe that's the piece that's tying this together.

Just trying to get some information that could both 1, solidify for Bioware that this isn't a misunderstanding and there is a serious problem here and 2, hopefully get some insight on what might be going on so they can get it fixed quicker.

To answer your questions:

1. I took the cinematic-y mission to select a new combat style, then in the character sheet under combat styles, there was 'Sentinel' on top and a locked + on the bottom - said I hadnt completed act 3, had done, anyway so I changed the sentinel one over to shadow (Needed 15 free inventory slots to do so) and from that position i'm stuck.

2. I've not checked if I still have Doc, the servers are down right now so ill check when im back on.

3. Yes my character has a consular voice now.

4. I DID recently resub, day of the problem in fact, which was great to come back to :p

I put a ticket through the help thing, they responded as follows:

"Greetings jackbarrie,

Thanks a lot for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Support for character stuck issue.

My name is Tanya and I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

Hey, as I have gone through your ticket I could see that your character is stuck after changing the combat style. Therefore, I would request you to share some details about the character you are talking about and I will look into the issue and will try my level best to resolve your issue,

I would request you to share the details mentioned below about the character:

Character Name

Character Level

Class type

Advanced Class type

Server the Character is on

Looking forword to your reply!

Just to let you know, I have to close your ticket for you to see my reply but closing the ticket does not mean your issue is resolved.

You are more than welcome to send in another one if you have additional information or issues.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on "Request Help" or press "Ctrl + /" to open your case history.

Once again thanks a lot for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic support.

Stay safe and stay healthy!"

I responded appropriately but i assume they're now working on the problem.

Let's tryn figure this out, I reckon it's catching attention so will get sorted soon hopefully.

Damn guys, that's nasty.

So far I've setup my Knight as a dual spec Sentinel/Guardian Jedi. I haven't switched spec yet to Guardian and from the look of the threads on this forum, I won't be. I'm happy playing a Combat Sentinel.

On the plus side, I setup a Gunslinger as a Mercenary, made the spec switch and everything's working OK. I have my ship, I'm still a wise cracking Republic Smuggler and I have my fancy Bounty Hunter skills.

I do think I won't even run the quest to pick a second combat spec until this is sorted. I do really hope they get their fingers out and fix all of your problems guys.

Damn guys, that's nasty.

So far I've setup my Knight as a dual spec Sentinel/Guardian Jedi. I haven't switched spec yet to Guardian and from the look of the threads on this forum, I won't be. I'm happy playing a Combat Sentinel.

On the plus side, I setup a Gunslinger as a Mercenary, made the spec switch and everything's working OK. I have my ship, I'm still a wise cracking Republic Smuggler and I have my fancy Bounty Hunter skills.

I do think I won't even run the quest to pick a second combat spec until this is sorted. I do really hope they get their fingers out and fix all of your problems guys.

Yeah, wish I waited, went in too eager without even testing it on another character, went straight to the main, my fault really, or the game's fault should i say.

I think you'd be fine switching sentinel guardian seeing as they're both knight, my issue is i havent done the consular story, nor can i start it with my main, so im fecked.

fingers crossed

For me I added shadow combat style to a Guardian so less of an issue,

After I added shadow I saw the same thing as OP with shadow and locked as the Combat Style options, when I clicked on the Shadow combat style I could no longer switch back

and for my various characters that are all 75 and endgame that I did not choose a secondary combat style, I see the original combat style as a blank, with no indication of what combat style that character had before 7.0