Returning player with "pruning" concerns

jedcjedcjedc

It's been quite some time since I last played, but wanted to try out the new expansion. Unfortunately it seems that instead of getting fun new toys, we are losing half our kit in the name of pruning "ability bloat"? Am I reading this right or are we now going to be forced to choose between heat sinks and trauma regulator? Power shield or mobility (thrill of the hunt). This doesn't sound like an expansion, it sounds like a MASSIVE nerf. Please tell me their is some method to this madness and we're not just losing critical dcd's and utility and calling it an expansion?

• 2 weeks later...

This was my largest concern going in, and its worse than i thought.

Based on the perceived path thru the trees that seems best at first glance, im losing a hard stun, Hydraulic overrides, the ability to use key skills while moving, and more...

No, much of this wasnt rotational, if all you do is PvE it may not be all that noticeable, but in those situations where you want them, its painful for them to be gone, especially in PvP.

Im not pleased with these changes, at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah this was the first thing I noticed logging back into my combat medic. They took Cryo Grenade and made it a talent you have to pick on the same line as Hold the Line and Echoing Deterrence and they put Tenacious Defense on the same row as Reflexive Shield??? Was the previous system of "talents" really so bad that they needed to replace it with this and remove skills from people just to sell them back to them. Also I like how the row 78 passive is just a passive we've already had before that was just taken away so they had something "new to give us" at 78. All the great pvp talents or abilities have either been just removed outright or put on talents with other key pvp talents so instead of having multiple good talents you just get one. So from a pvp combat medic's perspective for this expansion all I'm seeing is unbelievably massive survivability nerfs and nothing new at all. WOW did this over a long period of time where they just constantly pruned skills every expansion until they realized that it's a horrible idea and added most of them back in BFA. Maybe in 14.0 ill get stealth scan and Shock Absorbers back.

Yes mercenary/commando has definitely received the short end of the balance stick. It wouldn't be so bad if damage had increased to compensate for the reduction in survival tools, but that hasn't happened with mercenary/commando being the lowest parsing DPS class in 7.0 apparently.

I've noticed three things since playing 7.0. First I seem to do a lot less damage and take more damage then I used to. Second I no longer have a stun ability and there is no longer utilities to choose from. The developers are idiots and have completely screwed up the game. What were they thinking?