KOTFE fps drop

Master_Vaner

I've recently started KOTFE on a new character and I noticed that whenever the holograms appear either in the Odessen base or in Arcann's throne room scenes, my fps drops seriously. Lowering graphics, turning off bloom etc didn't solve the problem.

The last time something similar happened to me was because of the very bright banners. But after it got fixed everything was ok on my end. Until now. This seems to be a new problem.

Anyone else experienced this too?

I can't quantify it because I don't know the exact numbers.

The point is that the cutscene runs normally, then as soon as the hologram appears the cutscene almost freezes, maybe 4-5 fps at best, it's very visible. But as soon as the hologram gets turned off or the camera turns away from it and the hologram is no longer directly in the picture, the cutscene runs normally again. (The voice isn't affected.)

Affected holograms: Odessen base, Arcann's throne room, Mandalorian tent on Darvanis. (So it's a certain type of hologram that causes the problem.)

And as I said, this wasn't a problem before. My computer is the same and so are the settings I use.

Dunno. If it's the same computer with the same settings, it may be that they've refined the graphical elements so those holos (partially transparent one and all) are harder work for the game to render correctly, and it pushes your machine over some edge somewhere. That said, I find that the FPS that SWTOR gets is *highly* variable on a machine where the CPU isn't held back by the GPU (fast GPU+not-so-fast CPU, or fast CPU+faster GPU).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.