How Can I Get My Character's Helmet Off For My Character?

GalaxyWeasel

The last time I played was last year, and when I signed off my Republic Commando character was in a Veteran flashpoint and had his helmet on. I just got back on today, but every time I take the helmet off of my character the helmet comes off my character's image in the Character Sheet, but does NOT come off of my character in the game- also, I've tried logging out with the helmet off a few times, and the character's image in the character selection screen still shows him with the helmet on as well. What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: I just checked- it seems to be the same problem for the chest-piece too. Any ideas?

Edited by GalaxyWeasel

It could be because of outfit designer. If you don't put a helmet (or any piece) in an outfit, the default 'base' piece can show through. So, for example, even if your character doesn't wear a helmet, you need to put a helmet in the outfit anyway, and "hide" it.

Or, another example, if you want your character to have bare hands, you need to use the Covert Energy gloves (or similar), you can't just leave the glove slot empty.

If it's not this sort of problem, then it might be some glitch that "turn off/turn on" might fix. 🤔

do you use the outfit designer? Do you have an outfit active that includes a helmet?

the outfit designer overrides the equipped gear for the appearance of you character.

That was it exactly! I just pressed 'Activate' (I think it said 'activiate'; anyway, it worked), and suddenly I could remove the helmet again! I prefer to have my characters without their helmets/masks/etc. when I'm doing the cut-scenes, so now I can keep going forward in the story. Thankee all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.