Class Balance Opinion Question: Winners and losers with healers?

NeverSuffer

For those that dived into PTS and played enough- what are your opinions on 7.0 healers for both PvP and PvE? I only really messed around with Sage/Sorc but didn't do any group content as nothing would pop for me and I didn't have a group on PTS. Really just looking for opinions on effectiveness and which specs are better or worse off.

Sage/Sorc healer for PvP? Sage/Sorc healer for PvE? I can't seem to find hardly anyone talking about this one specifically vs the other two. From what I played the mobility/aoe seems such improved.

Scoundrel/OP healer for PvP? PvE?

Commando/Merc PvP/PvE?

For those that dived into PTS and played enough- what are your opinions on 7.0 healers for both PvP and PvE? I only really messed around with Sage/Sorc but didn't do any group content as nothing would pop for me and I didn't have a group on PTS. Really just looking for opinions on effectiveness and which specs are better or worse off.

Sage/Sorc healer for PvP? Sage/Sorc healer for PvE? I can't seem to find hardly anyone talking about this one specifically vs the other two. From what I played the mobility/aoe seems such improved.

Scoundrel/OP healer for PvP? PvE?

Commando/Merc PvP/PvE?

All the info I've seen was one streamer saying the heat management for mercs will be a bit harder so they are stlightly nerfed, can't say anything else since I didnt copy any healers on pts to check, not like mm fp's popped for me anyways due to timezones.

Operatives get underworld medicine to be a AoE heal if cast on themselves. Huge boost their AoE healing and how easy the class is to play in PvE. Sage gets a AoE heal added to rejuvenate. Not as big of a deal and they lose the heal on the barrier but get 25% internal DR for the target instead. Hard to say how that will play out.

Mercs are still strong healing in 4 player groups

Sorc is still the best balanced for overall and i agree operatives will be the meta for nim ops

Mercs will probably not be efficient for 8 player/16 player groupings

Mercs still have a lot better burst healing than Operatives. I think in 8man you might see a lot of Merc/Oper pairings. Stacking up on Operatives will be overkill on the sustained AoE healing while keeping your vulnerable to big burst damage.

Edited by AdjeYo

There are a few things to consider.

One, what is the current state of balance in 6.0?

Two, what did each combat style lose going into 7.0?

Three, what did they gain?

In 6.0, it's generally accepted that Operatives have the best HoTs and worst burst. Mercs have the highest burst. Sorcs are somewhere in between.

For AoE, Operative has the strongest sustain, followed by Merc and then Sorc. Sorc and Merc have better burst AoE.

In 7.0, Mercs have to opt into more of their defensives than the other two and have to choose between extra mobility or more powerful defensives.

Sorcs have to pick between super bubble and pulling allies.

Operatives have to opt into their 2nd mobility tool and lost a tonne of self healing options - but that doesn't matter as much due to their new AoE ability morph.

Merc ability morphs are incredibly underwhelming compared to what operatives and sorcerers get imo.

Operatives gain an incredibly powerful AoE heal on top of their already super strong sustain - but their burst potential is still more limited than the other two. Because you have to target yourself to generate the AoE heal, it partially makes up for losing self healing options.

Mercs have a much more difficult to use AoE morph and their kolto shell buffs are just kind of there (chances to not use up a shell etc).

Sorcs can further buff their strong single target sustain or tech fairly heavily into AoE by spreading resurgence and morphing dark infusion to heal two targets.

With all that in mind, here's where I think things stand:

Operatives are the best AoE healer by far. Your strongest single target heal can be spammed as an AoE as long as you are targeting yourself and standing inside your team. On the other hand, their burst is still low.

Mercenaries are still the best burst healers, but don't really gain a lot from the new morphs compared to the other two healers. Their AoE is mostly unchanged due to how hard it is to use the new AoE morph - but it was already fairly decent.

Sorcerers are the most versatile as they can now decide whether they want to tech harder into single target healing, solidify themselves as the best dual target healer (dark infusion + roaming mend bouncing between two targets), or push for better AoE heals by spreading resurgence (as a sorc healer main, my main wish for 7.0 was better AoE and we got it).

Ultimately I think that most ops teams will start with an operative, especially in higher level content where "everyone is a melee class". Picikng between Merc or Sorc comes down to personal preference.

Mercs are easier to play than sorcerers because you still have a tonne of defensives that allow you to mitigate incoming damage without reducing your ops heals.

Sorcs have worse burst than mercs, but higher single target sustain potential (mixed HoTs + burst) and are the most versatile with all the new morphs. You can see what your team is bringing and switch your morphs to go more into AoE, single target or dual target sustain.

This got kinda long sooo

TLDR:

• Operatives are amazing but lost stealth res and most of their utility based self healing
  • Sorcerers gained more versatility and can tech into any healing style (AoE, single sustain, burst)
  • Mercenaries are still the best burst, but gained the least in 7.0

There are a few things to consider.

One, what is the current state of balance in 6.0?

Two, what did each combat style lose going into 7.0?

Three, what did they gain?

In 6.0, it's generally accepted that Operatives have the best HoTs and worst burst. Mercs have the highest burst. Sorcs are somewhere in between.

For AoE, Operative has the strongest sustain, followed by Merc and then Sorc. Sorc and Merc have better burst AoE.

In 7.0, Mercs have to opt into more of their defensives than the other two and have to choose between extra mobility or more powerful defensives.

Sorcs have to pick between super bubble and pulling allies.

Operatives have to opt into their 2nd mobility tool and lost a tonne of self healing options - but that doesn't matter as much due to their new AoE ability morph.

Merc ability morphs are incredibly underwhelming compared to what operatives and sorcerers get imo.

Operatives gain an incredibly powerful AoE heal on top of their already super strong sustain - but their burst potential is still more limited than the other two. Because you have to target yourself to generate the AoE heal, it partially makes up for losing self healing options.

Mercs have a much more difficult to use AoE morph and their kolto shell buffs are just kind of there (chances to not use up a shell etc).

Sorcs can further buff their strong single target sustain or tech fairly heavily into AoE by spreading resurgence and morphing dark infusion to heal two targets.

With all that in mind, here's where I think things stand:

Operatives are the best AoE healer by far. Your strongest single target heal can be spammed as an AoE as long as you are targeting yourself and standing inside your team. On the other hand, their burst is still low.

Mercenaries are still the best burst healers, but don't really gain a lot from the new morphs compared to the other two healers. Their AoE is mostly unchanged due to how hard it is to use the new AoE morph - but it was already fairly decent.

Sorcerers are the most versatile as they can now decide whether they want to tech harder into single target healing, solidify themselves as the best dual target healer (dark infusion + roaming mend bouncing between two targets), or push for better AoE heals by spreading resurgence (as a sorc healer main, my main wish for 7.0 was better AoE and we got it).

Ultimately I think that most ops teams will start with an operative, especially in higher level content where "everyone is a melee class". Picikng between Merc or Sorc comes down to personal preference.

Mercs are easier to play than sorcerers because you still have a tonne of defensives that allow you to mitigate incoming damage without reducing your ops heals.

Sorcs have worse burst than mercs, but higher single target sustain potential (mixed HoTs + burst) and are the most versatile with all the new morphs. You can see what your team is bringing and switch your morphs to go more into AoE, single target or dual target sustain.

This got kinda long sooo

TLDR:

• Operatives are amazing but lost stealth res and most of their utility based self healing
  • Sorcerers gained more versatility and can tech into any healing style (AoE, single sustain, burst)
  • Mercenaries are still the best burst, but gained the least in 7.0

Greatly appreciate the breakdown! Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.