Skip to Expansion with 7.0?

ThrawnFanatic

I also did the story with just 2 characters, one each faction. I would have done it with more alts, but I don't want to waste my time in SoV and the other parts of story before the new one. I can't even remember the names of the story bits anymore, that's how long it's been since they came out. I only remember that when I played through it I decided I don't ever want to do it again.

Stories would have been fine, the mobs in the flashpoints however are not worth the time. Everything has million knockbacks, roots and snares, shields and stealth detection, and it's not fun especially on a melee character. Somewhere along the road whoever designed these fps forgot that game is supposed to be a nice experience, not a frustrating waste of time.

So I also leveled up most of my alts with Nathema, some were lucky to have story progression on Onderon, so I was able to level up with older story. They will be stuck on next "expansion" though, unless skipping will become an option. It should always be an option. Feels kind of stupid that when we finally get new bits of story, you can't get to play it...

I **hated** Echoes of Oblivion. Not so much Spirit of Vengeance. But EoO has horrible pathing - like many here, I don't play a game to get stressed out, and I definitely was on edge the whole time trying not to fall off those narrow passages.

Feels kind of stupid that when we finally get new bits of story, you can't get to play it...

Yeah, pretty much this.

Just done with story content stuck behind FPs or OPs I have no interest in.

Had hoped they had stopped doing it.

Seems not.

Just glad I didn't have to pay for it on top of sub.

Edited by Rammboo

It's almost like the Developers don't want us to play alts. Between the changes to Conquest, the new gearing/currency systems, and now no plans to enable skipping tedious content, as an altaholic, I'm pretty frustrated with the game right now.

I managed to have 20+ level 75s across both factions that i kept in decent gear.

Now I'm lucky to have three or four that are 'finished' with the current storyline.

I absolutely will NOT do SoV and EoO on all of my alts. NO FREAKING WAY!

Being alt-friendly is one of the main attractions I've always had to this game. I helps keep things fresh and interesting.

Being stuck grinding gear on a few characters makes it feel much more grindy and boring...

Edited by Vemtaz

It's almost like the Developers don't want us to play alts. Between the changes to Conquest, the new gearing/currency systems, and now no plans to enable skipping tedious content, as an altaholic, I'm pretty frustrated with the game right now.

I managed to have 20+ level 75s across both factions that i kept in decent gear.

Now I'm lucky to have three or four that are 'finished' with the current storyline.

I absolutely will NOT do SoV and EoO on all of my alts. NO FREAKING WAY!

Being alt-friendly is one of the main attractions I've always had to this game. I helps keep things fresh and interesting.

Being stuck grinding gear on a few characters makes it feel much more grindy and boring...

Seems story is dead.

Alt's too.

Shame, I really enjoyed that part of the game.

Echoes was just another grindy trash mob fest hiding behind so called story.

Then yet another grindy FP to get to later story.

No thanks.

Been there done that, never again.

Edited by Rammboo

• 1 month later...
Why not just add a item at the end of the story of the CURRENT content that you can send to alts (account bound only) that lets you skip the story to start of current content for alts? that way the peoples main HAVE to do the story and prevents new players/first timers from skipping story and letting people who have mutli-alts skip after?

Why not just add a item at the end of the story of the CURRENT content that you can send to alts (account bound only) that lets you skip the story to start of current content for alts? that way the peoples main HAVE to do the story and prevents new players/first timers from skipping story and letting people who have mutli-alts skip after?

They could(1), but you'd be stuck being a Loyalist. Is that what you want?

(1) It should also be clear from the staff post near the beginning of the thread that they don't *want* to do such a thing.

EDIT: they're unlikely to offer a choice between Loyalist and Saboteur, and they certainly wouldn't hardwire us all to being Saboteurs.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

EDIT: they're unlikely to offer a choice between Loyalist and Saboteur, and they certainly wouldn't hardwire us all to being Saboteurs.

Yeah they would.

My Imp side lightside alts that skipped stuff killed a lot of companions, apparently.

As they were Imps they just assumed they were darkside and killed them off.

I guess it's my fault for not wanting to go through the same content 16 times again.

Edited by Rammboo

Yeah they would.

My Imp side lightside alts that skipped stuff killed a lot of companions, apparently.

As they were Imps they just assumed they were darkside and killed them off.

I guess it's my fault for not wanting to go through the same content 16 times again.

Yet you've done it before. Now it's a problem. You're telling me you and the other guy only created new characters to only do the new story? That seems like a waste of time to do and never go back to that character. Plus, it tells you all the choices will default because of your faction, not alignment. So that's squarely on you. If you wanted your choices to matter, then you should have done the content. You did it 16 times before, don't see why you can't do it again. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Yet you've done it before. Now it's a problem. You're telling me you and the other guy only created new characters to only do the new story? That seems like a waste of time to do and never go back to that character. Plus, it tells you all the choices will default because of your faction, not alignment. So that's squarely on you. If you wanted your choices to matter, then you should have done the content. You did it 16 times before, don't see why you can't do it again. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I had 8 different stories before, two per class were the same.

Now all 16 are the same storyline regardless of what class you play.

Also to be fair, none of the choices I made had any impact anyway.

(Other than my main and they were minimal.)

I have never started a new character for new content.

I still have the same 16 I started years ago.

Sorry if me not wanting to grind through FPs and Chapters I have already done upsets you.

Doing it once was enough for me.

Edited by Rammboo

Doing it once was enough for me.

I don't see why anyone else should have a problem with that. Those who do have a problem with that should probably see a therapist, because they're not problems you can solve with simple medication.

I don't see why anyone else should have a problem with that. Those who do have a problem with that should probably see a therapist, because they're not problems you can solve with simple medication.

Only picked that line to insult me?

I guess you are implying I have mental health issues?

Really?

Many people do and that's where you go?

I think it's not me with the problem.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

Oh, and how I play is up to me, your opinion doesn't matter to me.

Have fun being judgmental though.

Edited by Rammboo

• 3 weeks later...

Dumb question that I cannot find here or on the internet: If you use a boost and complete a late-game chapter, does it give you the legacy bonuses for completing Acts 2+3? This would be the boost that skips class story.

I could very well just be terrible at searching! Thank you in advance.

Dumb question that I cannot find here or on the internet: If you use a boost and complete a late-game chapter, does it give you the legacy bonuses for completing Acts 2+3? This would be the boost that skips class story.

I could very well just be terrible at searching! Thank you in advance.

No, those bonuses come from achievements you get for playing and completing content. You have to actually ... play and complete the content to get those achievements. SWTOR is not pay to win.