PSA: If you sub now, might not get expansion.

Ulrah

BW has displayed a willingness to delay expansion less than a week before stated release date, without offering prorated refunds or expansion access (have to sub again for new release date).

So, based on BW record...

If you buy a sub between now and the stated expansion release, it might not include the expansion (if delayed) and you may be denied a (prorated) refund in such a scenario. Buyer beware!!!

I would advise anyone considering a fresh sub for 7.0, and NOT for current build, to wait until 7.0 actually hits live servers.

Edited by Ulrah

Like, duh! 😂

To be clear, this didn't effect me (I was happy for delay, and didn't want refund)...

But I'm not sure why you are being so dismissive of others' mistakes?

Sharp turns on roads tend to have a sign warning of such. Without the sign most people would probably still manage to avoid flying off the road - this doesn't mean the sign isn't needed.

Edited by Ulrah

To be clear, this didn't effect me (I was happy for delay, and didn't want refund)...

But I'm not sure why you are being so dismissive of others' mistakes?

Sharp turns on roads tend to have a sign warning of such. Without the sign most people would probably still manage to avoid flying off the road - this doesn't mean the sign isn't needed.

It is there but it got put on the bottom of the ravine hahahahahahaha (donkey laugh)

If by "sub" you mean pay for a sub and then quit it before the end of the month, ENDING your subscription, then sure...you ended it before the expansion hit (if they delay it again...which I hope they don't).

But, if your subscription is ACTIVE, whenever you BUY it, on the day 7.0 is released, then you get it.

If by "sub" you mean pay for a sub and then quit it before the end of the month, ENDING your subscription, then sure...you ended it before the expansion hit (if they delay it again...which I hope they don't).

But, if your subscription is ACTIVE, whenever you BUY it, on the day 7.0 is released, then you get it.

Well yeah, if you are planning to be subbed until the game shuts down, then I guess it doesn't matter, but I don't think most people sub that way. And some people are going to be looking to start subbing for the first time to correspond with its release, to get the most out of their sub, and it's important they not rush to do that until they know for sure it's out or they may get screwed over by Bio "delay at the last minute and offer no compensation for having subbed expecting to get it" Ware.

So this is a good "buyer beware" thread for people who are new or naive enough to take BW at their word on a release date. In practice, with how this company behaves, timing your sub to last through expansion access before it's out so you'll get it when it releases is basically preordering a predicted weather event. Could show up, might not at all, and if you complain, you'll just be told that life is hard and the weather is unpredictable. It's a wonder they get away with it at all, but it goes to show how little has precedent enough to scare them, at least in this locale's practice.

Well yeah, if you are planning to be subbed until the game shuts down, then I guess it doesn't matter, but I don't think most people sub that way. And some people are going to be looking to start subbing for the first time to correspond with its release, to get the most out of their sub, and it's important they not rush to do that until they know for sure it's out or they may get screwed over by Bio "delay at the last minute and offer no compensation for having subbed expecting to get it" Ware.

So this is a good "buyer beware" thread for people who are new or naive enough to take BW at their word on a release date. In practice, with how this company behaves, timing your sub to last through expansion access before it's out so you'll get it when it releases is basically preordering a predicted weather event. Could show up, might not at all, and if you complain, you'll just be told that life is hard and the weather is unpredictable. It's a wonder they get away with it at all, but it goes to show how little has precedent enough to scare them, at least in this locale's practice.

You're not wrong.

I'm just one of those "sub until it shuts down" people so the title of the thread got my attention and I felt it needed a little bit of elaboration.

So this is a good "buyer beware" thread for people who are new or naive enough to take BW at their word

Really should come with a warning label with the amount of times BW consumers have been straight up lied to and there's literally never any ownership of it...

And as far as them getting away with it, various governments are starting to finally pay attention to the sort of shady business practices of video game companies. Can always write your leaders to try and get legal protections against predatory business. Personally believe its just a matter of time, but the sooner gamers unify their voices and get loud enough to be heard... We can put in regulations for these sorta used car salesman tactics.

You're not wrong.

I'm just one of those "sub until it shuts down" people so the title of the thread got my attention and I felt it needed a little bit of elaboration.

A good point, thank you.

If a player plans to sub now through expansion launch (regardless of delays etc.), then the caution advocated in this thread is not needed.

Is aimed at those who expect a sub now to include access to the expansion.

Already got scammed 2 month game time in December so this time around ill be holding off on renewing until the expansion hits and I see the reaction on the forums. My guess is it's going to be a disaster and I wouldn't be too shocked if they end up waiting until the last minute to delay it again.

Just get the popcorn ready

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.