Character Copying?

aflory

This is my first time on the PTS. I created one character from scratch and just copied another. When I go to the character select screen, I see my created character, my copied character, and a second version of my copied character. However, the second version has a gibberish name like when the devs make you rename your character. If I try to log in to any of them, it says I've been disconnected because a character copy is in progress. How long does the copying process take? When it's finished, will I just have one version of my copied character?

This is my first time on the PTS. I created one character from scratch and just copied another. When I go to the character select screen, I see my created character, my copied character, and a second version of my copied character. However, the second version has a gibberish name like when the devs make you rename your character. If I try to log in to any of them, it says I've been disconnected because a character copy is in progress. How long does the copying process take? When it's finished, will I just have one version of my copied character?

Since you logged into the PTS while it was copying/converting, the gibberish named character (a temporary character during the conversion process) will stay but you can safely delete it once the copy procedure is complete. It can take up to an hour to complete the copy, but usually it's done in about 15 minutes. It depends on how much converting need to be done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.