Please Give Us Glam and 'Pretty'

JakRoanin

I'm still waiting for versions of Chest Pieces without waist flaps that ruin a lot of the awesome outfits.

Gosh, THIS.

I don't get why they put those ugly crotch flaps EVERYWHERE. I'm pretty sure normal people irl and in SW universe won't lose their mind when they see a female toon's covered-in-pants-or-panties crotch. And the male toons in SWTOR don't even have a pack between their legs to be gawked at, there's nothing to hide.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, THIS.

I don't get why they put those ugly crotch flaps EVERYWHERE. I'm pretty sure normal people irl and in SW universe won't lose their mind when they see a female toon's covered-in-pants-or-panties crotch. And the male toons in SWTOR don't even have a pack between their legs to be gawked at, there's nothing to hide.

They could release a lot of those without the flaps and I'd pay for them :p It seems like some easy cartel sales too.

The headgear in this game can go from delightfully ridiculous to what-the-what, in less time it takes to do the Kessel run. So here's my thought for the designers, look to Aisa! In India, South Korea, Japan, China, etc. Thay have gorgeous heed gear.

Gosh, THIS.

Maybe they're meant to cover the derriere. Armor pants don't show much, but on clothing pants they can be quite snug. Armor pants do have cod pieces, but that's been a thing since the first movie and Stormtrooper armor.

How did this topic veer off course so badly.

Very easily, I would say.

On another note, what would be the opinion of them possibly adding a third dye slot in the future? Instead of just "Green/Yellow" or "Blue/White" we could have "Green/Yellow/Blue" or "Blue/White/Brown" to do something with those armor parts right now, trim and decorative pieces, that are currently a static color...

How did this topic veer off course so badly.

Sorry, my crotch flaps rant steered the topic all the way from Tython to Zakuul XD

Back to topic, I wish there are more feminine bracelets and hair items in game.

More bracelets like the one that comes with Kira's original companion outfit.

More hair pins and accessories as "helmet" pieces.

Those things would make my toons look so pretty!

I'd say crotch flaps are the worst cosmetic aspect of the game, but some of those helmets...

I don't understand why they didn't upgrade the dye system to have primary and secondary colors separate. At this point, there are so many dyes, it would probably be too much effort to go back and do that. It's a shame, though, since the cosmetic UI is getting updated and it would be a great time to add a second dye slot.

I'm glad they came out with dyes that have more realistic and pleasing colors. Unfortunately, that happened around the same time that packs became far less common. You don't see them outside the Cartel Market much, and when you do, the GTN prices are outrageous -- especially considering you may need more than one per outfit.

If they would make those better dyes craftable, buyable from an in-game vendor, something... I'd be overjoyed.

Edited by Xina_LA

I'm happy to say that ı just discovered in game high graphics settings with all the checkboxes enabled under graphics settings, the revealing bodysuit armour set have some texture on it if you look in cutscenes, I'm not sure if this is the thing she/he wanted in this post but here you go, its actually looks quite nice.

I'm happy to say that ı just discovered in game high graphics settings with all the checkboxes enabled under graphics settings, the revealing bodysuit armour set have some texture on it if you look in cutscenes, I'm not sure if this is the thing she/he wanted in this post but here you go, its actually looks quite nice.

Yep. When I first started playing to ensure I could play the game at all I put all graphics on the minimum setting. The game and cinematics play in 2D cartoon as you'd see on tv. It's still beautiful artwork, but it's obviously a cartoon. I would forget I had put it on the low settings and just kept playing wondering why the game looks so different on the various videos I see posted online. Eventually dumb me would remember I had the graphics low. At that time I knew my video card could handle the higher graphics, so I raised the resolutions. I was floored by the changes in appearance. The lighting, the textures, the snug derrieres :p;). I was amazed by the details that even armors could have reflections, not exactly mirror images just something there to represent being shiny. I was playing the game I was seeing on the videos. You know it's computer animation, but with the help of story you can forget. Which I suppose is why people hate clipping so much. They remind you of the animation.

Yeah, that helps. It's amazing how things like the Lvl 75 armor set (the one that looks like it came from the same tailor as the Onderon Guardian Armor Set) can suddenly turn metallic and reflective (and lightsabers actually glow with OSL) when you turn up the settings.

The catch, and difficult part sometimes, is finding that sweet-spot between where the game looks best and where your computer doesn't have kittens...

(Some might remember that a few months ago, I got a new gaming laptop. I promptly ended up having to ask how I could clear out settings so that I can even so much as open the game's title menu because I had turned things up too high while trying to find that sweet-spot...)

Okay here's my question what does "revealing armor" have to do with glam and pretty? Nearly every set of so called "revealing armor" with the exception on the Sensous Dress, Jori Dagron's, and Mira's Armor (with reskins) is ugly! Showing more skin isn't the point! Getting pretty things, Weapons, Decos, Mounts, and CLOTHING, is the point.

Okay here's my question what does "revealing armor" have to do with glam and pretty? Nearly every set of so called "revealing armor" with the exception on the Sensous Dress, Jori Dagron's, and Mira's Armor (with reskins) is ugly! Showing more skin isn't the point! Getting pretty things, Weapons, Decos, Mounts, and CLOTHING, is the point.

Speak for yourself. I like the bathing suit, sans cape. It is more risque on males than females. Play around with color dyes, and your personal aesthetics can make the outfit look just right. Sometimes any outfit can look good except for one piece, like the belt or gloves or whatever. You can use part of the Undercover Spy to make that slot invisible. It's not just to bare your pecs. I find Cordo's outfit to be sharp. Its shades of brown is good on its own, but again playing around with dyes offers pleasing looks. It only reveals the arms, and that's enough for a sensuous/macho look without being lecherous. The Revealing Outfit was made for females, but males can pull it off. The pants may be too much on males for some people. It's not just the ripped legging. The derriere is snug and shiny. It's not a look for everyone, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, what I like is the vest. A bit more revealing than Cordo's top, it reminds me of Captain Kirk's vest in the Mirror Universe. You make my character look like Captain Kirk - that's a win.

People like these types of outfits, and there's nothing wrong with that. They didn't need to have them, but if it's ok for the game developers to create them it's ok for players to use them. It's rare, but I have on occasion seen someone play a character in underwear. Recently someone had Aric Jorgan in underwear. Is it kink? Is it just for the lulz? Don't know. Don't care. As long as that player isn't harassing you let him or her have their fun.

Almost forgot, there's also the overcoat. It's only a top so you need another outfit with it. It's an open coat that goes below your waist, and it's revealed you're not wearing a shirt but only the middle of your torso is shown. I saw someone wear it with a mohawk haircut and male body type 3 to look punk. I thought that was cool. The coat looks like it suits Smuggler or Bounty Hunter best, but I gave it to my second Agent as a reward for finishing his Class Story. As far as he's concerned he's retired. The overcoat, sunglasses visors, he's all cool, man. He did deal with Revan, so now he's chilling on Rishi until I play him again when Zakuul interrupts his permanent vacation.

Edited by Hadsil

Take a step back before you blow a fuse.

Beauty or Glamour is in the eye of the beholder - you are both in agreement regardless of what you prefer.

We simply need more stuffs....and that's the bottom line.

Whether it be scantly clad or a suit of beskar armor.

Pretty sure we can all agree on that.

Revealing bodysuit top is good. It shows the waistline on both male and female toons. It goes especially well when dyed black and matched with a flat/quenched colored pants. Much better than wearing the whole set.

But I agree with you, most if not all of the "dancer" outfits in the CM look ugly and cheap and outdated at least 3 decades lol

What would be better is if the dye system was made into two slots: a primary slot and a secondary slot (some armours really need a tertiary slot). All dye modules would be a single colour and could be slotted into either the primary or secondary slot. This would allow for mixing and matching of any two colour combinations.

This... So much THIS!

One of the dancer outfits (that has at least 3 color variations) has a top that looks great with a Robe and I love it on my Inquisitor. The clipping ruins it a bit tho :( Sad, as she's about the only class I like to use that top on.

Not really spoilers for the Book of Bobba Fett I think but just to be safe:

The outfits wore by that pair of male and female Twi'lek servants/slaves are cute.

The Twi'lek head dress wore by the bar hostess is beautiful. Her dress is great too, but I would LOVE to have that head piece for my Twi'lek toons.

Fennec Shand outfit when?

So, what? The David Bowie armor set? With matching hair, makeup, and some sort of glitter based weapon particle effect?

O.k., yeah. I'm on board. Especially if there are custom sound effects thrown in.

I am totally on-board with that! Or Freddie Mercury. Or maybe Ruby Rod from The Fifth Element?

Or Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark. Or or or Stevie Nicks in her prime, before she got old and sad.

Edited by ElZaguero