Crafting node glitched?

Puppy_Bella

Yeah these still show up on Onderon. Archeology for sure, I can't say about the others.

FYI, the Aurebesh lettering says "VIABLE SAMPLE", for anyone who cares. As I noted above, if the node is working correctly the light bluish aurebesh blinks over the node. If the node is bugged, it shows up on the minimap but does not have the light blue Auresbesh over the node.

A month later, this is still happening. I have seen all types of gathering nodes affected, across multiple characters and planets.

Some possible recommendations:

• Uncollected nodes despawn faster - if this is a result of teams not collecting the mats, the node should despawn in a more reasonable time

• Uncollected nodes revert to "gatherable" so that someone else can gather from them

• Once a node has been tapped, hide it from other players that are not in the gatherer's group or team.

• Allow nodes to be gathered/harvested by 3-5 players per spawn, maybe with a short 10 second cooldown per gather

On a side note for buried / ungatherable / hidden nodes, maybe an option / ability to have companions gather any node within 5-10 meters would be great as well.

• 4 weeks later...
A month later, this is still happening. I have seen all types of gathering nodes affected, across multiple characters and planets.

• Uncollected nodes despawn faster - if this is a result of teams not collecting the mats, the node should despawn in a more reasonable time

• Uncollected nodes revert to "gatherable" so that someone else can gather from them

• Once a node has been tapped, hide it from other players that are not in the gatherer's group or team.

• Allow nodes to be gathered/harvested by 3-5 players per spawn, maybe with a short 10 second cooldown per gather

On a side note for buried / ungatherable / hidden nodes, maybe an option / ability to have companions gather any node within 5-10 meters would be great as well.

Still happens to be glitched.. some work and some don't.. it's now 10/29/2021

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, past me. Still happening as of 11/14/21. Devs, is this on the radar for the near future, or are we going to be seeing glitched nodes into the new year? If players come back, or start playing, in 7.0, I'd hate for this to be their first impression of how the game is going to be.

Edited by WHTJunior

Hi folks,

Our team is aware of the issue you encounter with the crafting nodes.

We will be updating the known issues list and this thread when we have an update to provide.

Thanks, CT! Now we can stop talking about this, and get back to the real issues:

• Keeping the DvL toggle, even if it's not tied to a global teeter-totter

• Creating a toggle for hoods

• Allowing customization for Character Select screen (ie showing more characters at one time, arranging them manually, etc)

• Adding more sort options to Inventory, Cargo Bay, and Legacy Cargo

Thanks, CT! Now we can stop talking about this, and get back to the real issues:

• Keeping the DvL toggle, even if it's not tied to a global teeter-totter

• Creating a toggle for hoods

• Allowing customization for Character Select screen (ie showing more characters at one time, arranging them manually, etc)

• Adding more sort options to Inventory, Cargo Bay, and Legacy Cargo

For the record, these are not the "real" issues I want BioWare to work on. These are only the issues WHTJunior wants BioWare to work on. The only item on this list that I would support are hood toggles and that is not a high priority item for me.

Edited by Char_Ell

For the record, these are not the "real" issues I want BioWare to work on. These are only the issues WHTJunior wants BioWare to work on. The only item on this list that I would support are hood toggles and that is not a high priority item for me.

I know. It's a bit of a half joke, as everyone has their own wishlists. Since we don't have to worry about glitched nodes for a bit, it allows people to concentrate on whatever serious, silly, or other type of issues they want.

Also, to be fair, I listed items that I fully expect not to get, but would be pleasantly surprised if we somehow got them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You can’t break the nodes 🤣😂

Actually, it used to be easy to break nodes. Just harvest them without a companion and click once to harvest but don't collect the mats. This was a known issue 10 years ago. I have no idea if that is what is happening now, since I haven't tested anything in a long time but I am inclined to agree with saz above that some of this might be intentional griefing.

I came back to this game last summer after over 8 years not playing (this is a new account as i couldn't recover my old one) and while I love the amount of content in this game, I was pretty sad to see just how many bugs are still in the game or, were re-introduced, after being quashed before. Harvesting nodes bugging out was one of the very first and it's a common problem in other games as well. That's why some games reset zone servers daily... to reset all the bugged nodes and spawn timers.

Also, of note... in other games, when harvest nodes spawned inside other objects, you could target them manually using a slash command. I hate how this game doesn't have a full slash command library. Instead, we have to dig through settings and set key bindings. I'm old school.... I can type a macro out faster then searching through menu's lol.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know what the intern status of this is,

but this bug is still around.

by playing the story starting from ossus, around 1/10s of all nodes

can't be used. tested it with different professions, with companion,

without companion and with companion and myself same time.

it is even worse. sometimes companion will stuck by trying to harvest them,

so that you need to send them away and call em back.

also again there are nodes listed in the minimap but maybe inside a

rock or smth. tested it on ossus and onderon.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I had not seen this particular issue since before the expansion, but I just saw my first one on Coruscant, in the Old Galactic Market. It was a Slicing node, and it was missing the digital "gatherable" indicator over it, and did not have a tooltip. I hope that this is just a one-off, and that it doesn't become a problem again.

Like the post before me states, there are still several hidden nodes as well, where we are unable to interact with them due to terrain placement issues. This has been an issue since launch, though, so not the same as the other issue that this thread was created for.

[edit] I saw several Slicing nodes glitched throughout Coruscant during that session, and it was only the Slicing nodes that were affected. I am not sure if it is the same original team loot glitch, or some other issue. [/edit]

Edited by WHTJunior

• 3 weeks later...