Crafting node glitched?

Puppy_Bella

Seems to be a aweful lot of crafting nodes that are there, show up as there but are unable to farm.. there are still lots of nodes that are ungatherable.. altho it seemed to have gotten better.. was on zakul and so many just sitting there for the taking and unavailable for the taking. Edited by Puppy_Bella
still an issue

I was just coming to post this.

I created a new character after the patch and I've NEVER seen so many bugged nodes than while leveling with her. I barely met any with any of my other 29 characters in the past year. Now I meet at least 5 on every planet (and that's just sticking to the main routes).

The patch broke them.

Encountered this as well yesterday, while farming mats.

Looked like node was still there, could even see it on minimap, but the little hologram lettering wasn't there and I couldn't click on it to harvest.

Think someone probably gathered the node before, but for some reason it looked like it was still there.

Please fix this, it's really annoying.

Also noticed, if you are in a group when you loot that resource node, the group roll system kicks in, and you end up sharing your gathered mats with the group.

I was running duo with a friend earlier, and we noticed each time one of us looted a node in the group, the node wouldnt disappear until the other person also went over and looted the node for the remaining loot. I wonder if this is what is happening with all the seemingly bugged out nodes out there.

Also noticed, if you are in a group when you loot that resource node, the group roll system kicks in, and you end up sharing your gathered mats with the group.

I was running duo with a friend earlier, and we noticed each time one of us looted a node in the group, the node wouldnt disappear until the other person also went over and looted the node for the remaining loot. I wonder if this is what is happening with all the seemingly bugged out nodes out there.

That makes sense. Let's hope they read this as it seems that the new loot roll system could be a possible cause.

There was a hefty amount on Onderon as well, in a river spot, many scavenging & slicing nodes appeared, but did not show the blue effect that they usually have when ready to be scavenged. One thing I did notice was that all the Bioanalysis nodes still worked fine.

Also: Since this post was made, and the information was sent to the dev team, all the nodes in said river spot have been fixed, BUT all the archeology nodes on Onderon & Mek-sha are still broken, out of about 10 or so archeology nodes I found, only 2 worked.

I would note that the nodes that work still have the holographic Aurebesh "sign" sticking out from them, but bugged ones do not have the Aurebesh "sign". Both types of nodes show up on the minimap, and both flash blue when your mouse cursor hovers over them, but only working nodes see the pointer icon change to the harvesting icon.

Good news everyone! From tomorrow's patch notes:

Fixed the following issues on harvesting nodes:

Players now correctly receive their loot after harvesting a node while in a group.

Harvesting nodes now correctly appear as fully looted after being harvested.

As some of us suspected - it looks like harvesting in a group was not working correctly, leaving half-harvested nodes everywhere. It would be nice if they'd updated this thread to say it was being fixed though.

Edited by Sarova