Try it, I dare ya... go LEVEL a new toon.

OrionSol

It is freaking unbelievably, unforgivably, and unacceptably

BOOOOOOOORRRRING

The new system SUCKS!

It is 10-15, sometimes more, levels to gain a SINGLE ABILITY.

To make things worse, as you go... you have to choose between 3 abilities... we currently ALREADY FREAKING HAVE!

DEV TEAM, this is... the new NGE. Make no mistake, you are going to royally piss off people.

If you were smart you'd save all your subscriber reward emails and you can get some assistance in that department. You actually do get complementary XP Boosts from quests sort of randomly either way. you're also a "founder" of a guild so you should really know this already. *Shrugs*

Then don't level a new toon. You been here long enough that you should have plenty of toons. No one is holding a gun to you head to level another toon.

This isn't a very good response to a situation like this. An MMO cannot exist without new players coming in regularly enough. If new players aren't enjoying the game, they wont stick around. And if they don't stick around, the game's population will just decline. If the game's population declines enough, EA will shut this game down.

So think before you respond next time.

This isn't a very good response to a situation like this. An MMO cannot exist without new players coming in regularly enough. If new players aren't enjoying the game, they wont stick around. And if they don't stick around, the game's population will just decline. If the game's population declines enough, EA will shut this game down.

So think before you respond next time.

New players are one thing and I will help them but veteran players that post like this, sorry not feeling sorry for someone like that.

And I know this particular person's reputation from SWG

Edited by casirabit

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't actually train any new abilities from trainers on the PTS because that's not what we're supposed to be testing. So yes, it may appear that you get no new abilities until level 10 when you get your first discipline ability, but if the trainers were working properly you'd at least get a few abilities (guardian would get force sweep and bladestorm for e.g.).

Levelling dot specs has always been painful (some disciplines being worse than others) and it is harder to do group content when you don't have your full rotations yet.

For the most part you don't need tonnes of abilities to clear content at your level. Hell if you play a sniper, suppressive fire alone will carry you from 1-50 and even beyond.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't actually train any new abilities from trainers on the PTS because that's not what we're supposed to be testing. So yes, it may appear that you get no new abilities until level 10 when you get your first discipline ability, but if the trainers were working properly you'd at least get a few abilities (guardian would get force sweep and bladestorm for e.g.).

Levelling dot specs has always been painful (some disciplines being worse than others) and it is harder to do group content when you don't have your full rotations yet.

For the most part you don't need tonnes of abilities to clear content at your level. Hell if you play a sniper, suppressive fire alone will carry you from 1-50 and even beyond.

^^ And This my friends is why we test.

Just to make it even more clear that we won't be levelling 1-10 without any new abilities, from the original dev post from Jackie concerning Guardian changes the abilities for levels 1-5 were actually listed.

~Levels 1-5 - These are not Discipline specific

• Strike (1)
  • Slash (1)
  • Force Leap (1)
  • Blade Storm (4)
  • Blade Barrage (5)

If you are testing the PTS, please follow the "how to access x on the PTS" threads which specifically tell you to go to the fleet and talk to the combat droid - not level up normally.

this is one thing I'm not liking about 7.0

Combat styles are great.

Ability pruning is bad.

Removing the abilities you get as you level up is worse.

It's a core part of leveling in games to look forward to the abilities you get when you 'ding'. I don't understand why they're taking that away in favor of this ridiculous system where you don't get an ability except every 10-15 levels.