Isn't Corso Riggs part of the Smuggler class?

Katpoohtoo

I purchased pieces of smuggler-class armor for Corso but it does not allow me to use the armor on him. Further, the armor says that it's legacy, but it won't allow me to place it in the legacy cargo hold. I logged all the way out of the game and then logged back in hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't.

Corso is a Smuggler companion but Corso is not a Smuggler for purposes of meeting item requirements.

Legacy items that have a refund timer on them can not be put into the legacy cargo hold until the refund timer has expired. You can either wait out the timer, purchase a cheap, level 10 mod from the fleet and slot it, or mail the item to your other character. Either slotting a mod or mailing it will immediately remove the refund timer.

• 4 months later...
He's not a Trooper, he's a Corso Riggs.

Correct. Each companion is the sole member (in your character's copy of the SWTOR universe) of a class named after the companion. (Even if, from a technical standpoint, that isn't an exact description of the internals, the external appearance certainly speaks strongly for it being correct.)