Where is our promised NERF to guard?

bladech

In previous posts, discussions and streams devs stated that guard ability for dps specs will have a debuff for 50% damage reduction. It was asked for by players for a long time because guard from dps specs ruins duels (by guarding healing companions), unranked and ranked (letting healers or other targets survive too long).

So i have one question - where are these changes? WHy dps specs still guard and get no debuffs?

In previous posts, discussions and streams devs stated that guard ability for dps specs will have a debuff for 50% damage reduction. It was asked for by players for a long time because guard from dps specs ruins duels (by guarding healing companions), unranked and ranked (letting healers or other targets survive too long).

So i have one question - where are these changes? WHy dps specs still guard and get no debuffs?

Well, a dps guarding an other player or companion does in fact do 50% less dmg than the same player without guarding. you can try this yourself with standardattacks at every trainingsdummy.

You must not have done any research before asking the question. A 50% nerf to damage for dps specs using guard ability was implemented on 10/20/2020 in update 6.1.4. It's listed in the Classes + Combat section for each dps spec that was impacted by the change.

As somebody else already mentioned, the tool tip for Guard ability mentions this now.

Edited by Char_Ell