Beginner Knockback Guide & Study

iwillnotspeak

[Common Knockback Abilities Angles/Distance & a few minor things]

Hi all,

I know a few people including myself has struggled with Nightmare/Mastermode Styrak knockback mechanics in SnV as well as some fun use of knockbacks on mobs in general, so I made a guide on common knockback abilities (imperial version/sorry to republic friends) with the help of Master Rekui and Insolence on Star Forge server.

This is the summary table/short version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15mca7-xuJ2eAvSoZI1yGPereqUICKLv-/view?usp=sharing

Below is the full PDF paper on our knockback study, including our inaccurate experimental methodologies:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qsxFYD49A-sNvsEGbkPwYD49IDNSFYxH/view?usp=sharing

Hope it would benefit someone who loves the Styrak fight or just knocking adds off the ledges :)

Best regards,

Elfie

Pulled Porkins/Clowns of the Empire

Star Forge

Should add for pvp : Be aware that sniper pulse knock back isn’t working properly in pvp a lot of the time and its just flinging the enemy straight up in air above you.

Thank you thank you! We will include that in our next edition :).

We observed that two when the two people are stacked at 0.00 meters - exact model centers on top of each other the knockback only goes up. When distance is 0.00 meter but the model center is slightly off, the knockback distance is much shorter than the standard version.

We are guessing that the pitch angle is somehow added non-additively to the angle between the two people.

Wow, this is incredible. It's even formatted like a scientific paper! Thank you all for putting the time and effort into this. I hope there will be a Republic knockback study too. Even though it should be the same, it would be interesting to see if there were subtle differences.