Just finished Galactic Seasons, my views on it

Tulmara

Well that was a bit of an anti climax, hit level 100 and ....... nothing.

Not even an achievement.

On Altuur: Instead of just merely going to Odessen to pick him up, would have loved to have seen some more effort put into him by the developers, after all the whole season has been named after him. Even if it was some background info like with Treek's 'missions'. Much more preferable would have been actual content like with HK-55 or Z0-0M. I get that they're on a very tight budget but its sad that SWTOR has devolved into an indie like game when it comes to content. Great to see that previous companions bug has been fixed and that they return next week but I feel that seeing as how we've had to wait 2 months for that fix they should make all 4 companions available in the first week.

Really hope they make it up to us with something big during the 10th year anniversary later this year :p

Your expecting a Fanfare, Fireworks or something of great value?

This BW / EA we are talking about. The entire Galactic Seasons garbage is just that, GARBAGE...

Sorry that you were disappointed but...... it was always just another way to get people to log in for:

"More Useless Crap From BW"

Live and Learn is all I can say but Congrats on getting to 100, I'll never get there. Currently only at 12. Don't expect to ever see 100 but at least now I know that I won't be missing anything of any importance.

It was a great system to separate people like me from my hoard of cartel coins.

I bought the entire season by the end of the first or second day I want to say for like 8400 cartel coins or something like that. Can't remember the exact figure.

The problem is Bioware's long term assumption about doing that. Okay, buying the entire season with cartel coins almost wiped out my entire stash. Does that mean I've the bandwidth on my credit card to burn money I don't have buying more cartel coins so that I can maintain my current rate of spending cc, given the referral cartel coin faucet was turned off?

No. It doesn't.

I'm back to hoarding, not spending, and hoarding even more tightly now precisely because the referral cartel coin gravy train was cut off.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I meant the OP, was just wondering, as I'm only on about 72, I know I missed some, especially when it was bugged, but didn't think I missed 18 levels worth :eek:

72, wow, I am only level 28, on most servers, 42 on DM but I did use coins I already had to buy 14 levels on DM server.

My main account is in the 60's on three servers, and my alt account is in the high 50's on two and in the 40's on one. Both are in the mid teens on the other two, but on those I am just getting the weekly log in points. So far I have added ~6k CC's to both of my accounts since the start and there are plenty more to come.

I have liked most of the rewards. The lightsaber is the only one I am a little disappointed with and that is because of how short the blade is. The dualsaber's blade is nice and long. My BH has switched to using the blasters. They fit very well with that character's theme. Think wild west gunslinger with a duster and broad brim hat (Cad Bane if you need a visual). I have been considering changing my Commando's BFG to Altuur's version, too. I also like Altuur. They do not talk too much. Right now I am just waiting for 6.3.1 to put Jaleit on a regular rotation.

I meant the OP, was just wondering, as I'm only on about 72, I know I missed some, especially when it was bugged, but didn't think I missed 18 levels worth :eek:

Not bad at all ... I'm at 42 (should complete 43 by the end of the day!) Not a complaint since I have yet to run one single weekly (all of them are group or PvP of some sort).

I'm not really pushing it since most of the rewards are items that I would not use. Hey ... I'll just keep saving whatever points I get and see what shakes out in season 2. (Us old folks like to save up our credits for a rainy day any how !!) :D

I tried to do some GS activities on multiple servers and it felt like work; I didn't enjoy it. So, just doing it on one server. The GS POs contribute to Conquest points as well, so just spreading them out on different characters through the week.

I like GS, myself. It's basically a sub-rewards system that people will complain less about in the future if they missed something. It's not supposed to be actual game-content.

Those of you that haven't put me on ignore might remember my arguments in the past on the subject of bringing back past rewards. In my stance, I felt any reward marketed as "do this before it's too late" should not be brought back. I am fine with exclusive items being in the game (even when I can't obtain them).

But in GS, they have created a system that not only creates new rewards, but also allows players to obtain them later if they miss out the 1st time. It's definitely a fair system and they have also offered the "buy out" option and the credit sink option for people that prefer those methods. Without using either, I'm still way ahead of schedule by doing things I enjoy anyway. The PO re-roll option has allowed me to avoid the one area in the game I have never invested in (Ops).

I finished GS last week or the week before (don't remember) It was a combination of cc and doing some missions and only those that I normally do with conquest anyways. I never once touched any pvp related or galatic starfighter. It was okay but considering I already have most of the rewards anyways, no big deal. I am only do it for the strongholds. I have one just have to wait until next season for the other one.

I am at level 80. A combination of cartel coins and playing (all weekly and daily missions 3 weeks into the season).

While I will probably get the Republic Fleet base, collecting Altuur was the reason I even started participating and getting enough to purchase Master Ranos (only event / sub companion I need from those offered) to continue.

I have found it tedious at times, but I have enjoyed it. Excuse to work on enemy count achievements (Altuur's and C2's). I also never played Czerka dailies and hadn't done heroics or visited planets in years (focused on WZs and leveling up as I played sporadically).

I do not know if I will play Season 2 (if there is one), except to unlock the next new companion.

I will get Ranos and likely get the Pub Fleet Stronghold (neither of which are being removed from the vendor).

I just got 72 today, started from the beginning, and skipped like 2 weeklies and a couple dailies. I got the Vaiken Apt and one other reward I somehow missed (a pet). I have all the others since I subscribed, so there isn't really anything else.

I do like the hunter armor set (subscriber version), and will dress up one of my BH in that. Actually, I switched it out with the HK helmet, and it works for it as well.

After level 72 there really isn't anything I want, so I'll just be collecting the tokens to use for the next round. I've almost got Altuur up to lvl 45 with the current gifts, since I've been having him do crew mission runs.

I have not spent a single cartel coin. I'm going on vacation next week, however by my math I'll still be able to get level 100 by the end of July, leaving me almost 2 months of not having to worry about getting level 100.

I finished GS last week or the week before (don't remember) It was a combination of cc and doing some missions and only those that I normally do with conquest anyways. I never once touched any pvp related or galatic starfighter. It was okay but considering I already have most of the rewards anyways, no big deal. I am only do it for the strongholds. I have one just have to wait until next season for the other one.

Do you feel like you wasted your CCs when it looks like we’ll have enough of a buffer to finish without using them?

Anyone done the maths on the latest you can start GS fresh and still get to the end without spending credits or CC before September 28?

I was thinking about rolling fresh toons on the non English speaking servers for some extra CCs.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Anyone done the maths on the latest you can start GS fresh and still get to the end without spending credits or CC before September 28?

I was thinking about rolling fresh toons on the non English speaking servers for some extra CCs.

The absolute fastest you can complete the season is in 10.82 weeks without spending Cartel Coins or credits.

That is:

• 8 - 8 points per week for logging in 4 days per week
  • 3(2)(7) - 3 points per daily PO, 2 per day, for 7 days
  • 12(2) - 12 points per weekly PO, 2 per week
  • 10.82(8+3(2)(7)+12(2)) = 800.68 points

We are in the 14th week, so there is still time, but you would have to do almost every single daily and weekly PO.

I see Galactic seasons as a way for newer less established players gaining the advantages as the long term players have the only thing I want as a veteran player are the gold weapons for legacy and the SH Condos and the new companion. But that’s about it. Which is mostly half of what the season was give enough for the veterans to find a bit of interest but offer new players a significant gain to subscribe for the perks it offers.

As for continuing with further seasons I’ll do it when I am subscribed but after I fully complete season one eh it’s all bonus at that point unless of course they fully bring back all the DVL event items I want that armour and last tank mount in my collections.

The absolute fastest you can complete the season is in 10.82 weeks without spending Cartel Coins or credits.

That is:

• 8 - 8 points per week for logging in 4 days per week
  • 3(2)(7) - 3 points per daily PO, 2 per day, for 7 days
  • 12(2) - 12 points per weekly PO, 2 per week
  • 10.82(8+3(2)(7)+12(2)) = 800.68 points

We are in the 14th week, so there is still time, but you would have to do almost every single daily and weekly PO.

Thanks for the info. I’ll get started today with some new Alts. As long as pvp and GSF pop on those servers, it shouldn’t be more than 30’mins extra per server, per day

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I see Galactic seasons as a way for newer less established players gaining the advantages as the long term players have the only thing I want as a veteran player are the gold weapons for legacy and the SH Condos and the new companion. But that’s about it. Which is mostly half of what the season was give enough for the veterans to find a bit of interest but offer new players a significant gain to subscribe for the perks it offers.

As for continuing with further seasons I’ll do it when I am subscribed but after I fully complete season one eh it’s all bonus at that point unless of course they fully bring back all the DVL event items I want that armour and last tank mount in my collections.

What about the free CC’s?

It will run for 22 weeks with a max of 74 points possible per week. The 800 points needed can be accumulated during the 11th week. Out of the 22 weeks, we’re in the 9th week. There are 13 more weeks to go, out of which 11 are enough to get the needed 800 points.

What about the free CC’s?

Well the thing is I am kind of behind on GS so once every three months in Canada we get a tax rebate called GST at least where I live I plan to buy out the GS just to keep up to date however the Extra CC that I get will go mostly into collections to unlock All the GS items. Just as a back up in case I decide to Unsubscribe. My entire collections sits at 1498/2313 I honestly have all I ever need already unlocked plus credits for me are a Non issue so. The CC I get I spend on crates mostly because it’s the best way for me to find items I don’t have in collections

Basically what I am trying to say the CC is take it or leave it for me. And I hate buying items in the CC store purely to sell

For credits, I get things I need first if I need something which is rare. EDIT: and on top of all

That when I make a new character I get freaking 80 MAIL of Perks this game has gone beyond trying to make me happy LOL I am happy really BW thanks for the years of gaming I have done at least now all

Those perks will eventually go to collections Lol

Edited by CKNORTH

Thanks for the info. I’ll get started today with some new Alts. As long as pvp and GSF pop on those servers, it shouldn’t be more than 30’mins extra per server, per day

I haven't been running standard pvp but the GSF is popping fine on Leviathan and Tulak Hord. I just try to make sure I visit those servers during what would be the peak hours in Central European Time... so like, no later than 5 PM EST and you'll usually get a pop while completing the other objective. TH is actually fairly active, possibly on par with Satele; Leviathan seems more dead but I still manage to get matches during peak hours without issue.

I haven't been running standard pvp but the GSF is popping fine on Leviathan and Tulak Hord. I just try to make sure I visit those servers during what would be the peak hours in Central European Time... so like, no later than 5 PM EST and you'll usually get a pop while completing the other objective. TH is actually fairly active, possibly on par with Satele; Leviathan seems more dead but I still manage to get matches during peak hours without issue.

I’m in Australia. So 5pm central EU is around 1am my time. Does it pop out side of these hours or am I wasting my time trying to play before 5pm EST?

I'm running 4 servers at the moment, might start on the 5th, just to see how far I get :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.