Claiming companions through Legacy

Garron

I was trying to get my BH companions on my Operative. In the legacy thingy it says they are unlocked... yet when I look in collections I have nico orr and the new elephant nosed bloke who's name escapes me, lol

There seems to be a bit of confusion. Companions can be sorted into four groups: Legacy, Collections, Story Companions, and Event.

Legacy:

If you have unlocked them on at least one character you are able to pay a fee in credits to retrieve HK-51 (one million) or Treek (300k) for that character via your Legacy window. These are per character unlocks, so you would have to pay that fee per character.

Collections:

These are all of the companions that can be found in Collections. That would include, now that they have all been added due to Galactic Seasons: Master Ranos, Darth Hexid, Nico Okarr, Shae Vizla, Paxton Rall, Altuur Zok Adon, and all of the CM companions. All of these companions, if they have been added to and you have paid the Collections unlock fee, may be retrieved by any one of your characters on any server.

Event:

These companions can only be acquired via an in-game event only. For example, Phrojo Nuray, the Rodian companion from Nightlife, the Gamorrean Bodyguard, also from Nightlife, Quick Vrik, the Ugnaught companion from Dantooine, and Lysslo, the rare Geonosian Warrior companion that drops on Ossus, etc.

Story Companions:

These are the companions that come from the story, be that the various class stories or the Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne companions. The companions that are added as part of FE/ET are available to everyone as they play the story, but only certain class companions become available to everyone in FE/ET. For example, Qyzen Fess is available to everyone via an Alliance Alert, but the rest of the Consular companions (Tharan, Felix, and Nadia, Zenith is still outstanding) are only available to Consulars. From the Knight, everyone receives T7 in Fallen Empire, can acquire Rusk via an AA, and Kira and Scourge in the post Onslaught story, but only Knights get Doc.

You specifically mentioned Bounty Hunter companions. Of the five BH comps all but Mako are available to everyone. Torian and Gault join you as part of the story during Fallen Empire (Chapters 14 and 13 respectively), and Blizz and Skadge are acquired via Alliance Alerts. Mako is also acquired via an AA, but one that is only available to BH's and Smugglers.

So, in order to get the BH comps for your Operative you will need to either complete up through Chapter 14 of Fallen Empire, to acquire Gault and Torian, or skip ahead to Jedi Under Siege, which will auto complete FE and grant you the comps that would be acquired if you had played the story (default choices apply), as well as complete the Alliance Alerts for Blizz, "Little Boss," and Skadge, "Bonds of Duty," which is actually Rusk's AA but is where you find Skadge. Mako is unavailable to classes other than BH's and Smugglers, who comes as a package deal with Akaavi.

Edited by ceryxp

Ok, so companions unlocked in legacy aren't in collections then?

Well, that is a bit complicated as you can unlock Treek in Collections, but Treek is the only comp that can be purchased either as a per character Legacy unlock or for your account in Collections.

I was trying to get my BH companions on my Operative. In the legacy thingy it says they are unlocked... yet when I look in collections I have nico orr and the new elephant nosed bloke who's name escapes me, lol

The window you are referring to, is referring to legacy BONUSES to YOUR stats on all characters in your legacy, unlocked because you finished all the companion conversations for that character. It doesn't actually unlock companions from other classes for the character you are on. It should be under Legacy-wide Perks or something like that.

The window you are referring to, is referring to legacy BONUSES to YOUR stats on all characters in your legacy, unlocked because you finished all the companion conversations for that character. It doesn't actually unlock companions from other classes for the character you are on. It should be under Legacy-wide Perks or something like that.

Bollocks. Did I completely misread the OP's question? Yes, OP, as phalczen said, if you mean the companions shown on Global Unlocks -> Imperial / Republic Classes then those are character buffs that benefit your entire legacy. Meaning all characters on the same server benefit from those buffs, but those unlocks do not grant the companion.

The companions I was talking about can be found on Global Unlocks -> Other under Companions. There you will find unlocks for HK-51, Treek, and Altuur. The unlocks for HK and Treek then allow you to go to Character Perks and pay a fee in credits to unlock that companion for that character. The unlock for Altuur on Global Unlocks -> Other just allows you to use credits to purchase gifts for Altuur. Altuur's unlock to be a companion is in Collections.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.