Game won't launch

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The affected players should be granted additional cartel coins for compensation or additional subscription time. The 1000st apology for any inconvinience is not enough imho.

cartel coins? dont care at all. loosing swoop progress races and the daily points.

we lost the day my friend, its over for today, no swoop progress no this daily progress..

besides the fact, that it's still just a game, it's getting on my nerves more and more ... well than, I'll call it a day with SWTOR :jawa_mad:

concerning compensation: imho in short: just dream on, next meaningless apology coming up and that's it ... same procedure as anytime so far :rolleyes:

Dear Bioware/EA

We all know mistakes can happen. Its what follows that is being judged. In this case, what I think is the subscribers, who pay in one form or another to play the game, would like to see a bit of "senior ownership" to:

- Acknowledge the issue & apologize

- Offer some recompense as many now need to waste a significant amount of time & bandwidth to reload (and its probably biased towards your older player base who aren't BITRAIDER/STEAM)

- Explain why the issue happened and what is being done to minimize the chance of it happening again

We all love the game, and I am sure the Devs do - but I'd like a bit of reassurance that the company cares about its reputation and is deploying sufficient resources to support the platform.

TYVM

After each huge game update, backup the game folder onto a thumbdrive. I have a 256gb usb 3.0 thumbdrive for just this purpose. Just a suggestion :)

bitraider not leaving us this option. Atl east till 2017 that i had some issue and need to redownload the game.

Since nobody seems to have mentioned this yet, I just came here to say that I've tried to log in twice and had this issue.

When I went to the task manager to end task the SWTOR application after it hung on the load screen, I noticed both times there were *two* instances of swtor.exe running. Maybe this is causing the issue since you can only have one instance of the game going at once?

SWTOR has run with two swtor.exe executables since launch in 2011. This is normal and expected for SWTOR. This has nothing to do with the log in problem you are having which per BioWare was caused by an improperly deployed patch.

BioWare, really? :mad:First the 12 Gb, and AFTER THAT the WHOLE GAME?? Seriously?? That's yout "FIX"?... Wow...

Definately this calls for a serious CC/subscription plan compensation to all affected players...

Edited by Satchitananda

Dear Bioware/EA

We all know mistakes can happen. Its what follows that is being judged. In this case, what I think is the subscribers, who pay in one form or another to play the game, would like to see a bit of "senior ownership" to:

- Acknowledge the issue & apologize

- Offer some recompense as many now need to waste a significant amount of time & bandwidth to reload (and its probably biased towards your older player base who aren't BITRAIDER/STEAM)

- Explain why the issue happened and what is being done to minimize the chance of it happening again

We all love the game, and I am sure the Devs do - but I'd like a bit of reassurance that the company cares about its reputation and is deploying sufficient resources to support the platform.

TYVM

Signed +1

I don't expect any further acknowledgement of the issue from Bioware. Previous experience has shown when there is a significant issue the standard response is no response. Not the best in customer relations but at least it doesn't feed the fire, in the end the flames die out.

A full download of the game is an inconvenience to me, and I don't get to do what I had planned to do. So, I'll go and do something else. Hopefully it won't draw my attention too much, cause my sub's up for renewal at the beginning of July ;)

Edited by Vhaegrant

My internet is so bad it will literally take me days to redownload the game.

All because I wanted to log in at a certain time... then not even five minutes after I came here to see what was going on, it starts the redownload. *If I had only waited ten minutes to log in this wouldn't have happened to me?!* Bleh.

My max download speed is 346 kb/s

Yep, you read that right.

See you next week.

Followed by a 4GB English Assets 351 download.

I feel they are having us download stuff to by time to actually fix their mistake.

When I returned to SWTOR two days ago it did not take this long to download the game and play.

I smell deception on their end.

Edited by Ceannladair

This is without a doubt the greatest crap the devs ever did to players of this game... I still can't believe they've allowed some newbie in there to upload a patch before the proper moment. Simply incredible... I just hope this **** never happens again... I love this game but my patience has limits... :mad::mad::mad:

OK, so first the game wouldn't launch and now it's installing an 11 GB patch?

I had to uninstall a bunch of games for this to even work. What's going on? Should I uninstall the game and redownload?

Refer to this thread. Have a look at my post about bitraider

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=994258

Edited by TrixxieTriss

After English Assets i was able to log in the game just fine.

the UI need to reconfigured, for those that didnt have back up it. plus my back up flash drive lefted in my store, so no game for tonight, those sun of a beaches take 1 day from the seasonal progress.